I am a complete idiot. Topic

I once hit the wrong button and did 10 home visits instead of 10 phone calls.  Needless to say, my recruiting class wasn't very good that season
10/4/2012 12:14 PM
Talk about complete idiot. Believe it or not I once lost my focus and hit the wrong button for the wrong team. I had a team picked out with the "O" & "D" I wanted. I got distracted and hit 1 button above it and ended up with a team I hated. Since it was well before actual job openings I sent in a ticket and asked to change teams. If that was not acceptable could they just cancel and credit my account for a future season. How do you think that worked out? I got the "tough lucky buddy" message.

Ironically it worked out fantastic. The next year I moved up to any D2 team I could qualify for. I got a D+ team I wanted who hadn't a winning season in years and years! First year went to the PI and lost in the first round. Second year won the National Championship! There is a discription for people like me. "Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while. LOL!
10/4/2012 3:18 PM

Update time on Mr. 13 WE.  He went from 479 to 471 with his hard work during the offseason.  He lost four points in ST and two points each in SPD and PE, then he gained or lost one point each in several other categories.  He has good enough ratings in ATH, SPD, DE, and PE that he will at least be good enough to play but he will never be the great player he could be if he had a good WE.

10/22/2012 8:28 AM
WE is hard to improve for those type of players.  I had a freshman, WE of 20. Even after starting him for 16 games, he was just a 23. 
10/22/2012 12:05 PM
This discussion kind of begs the question -- where IS the "break even" point for work ethic? In other words, at what point does WE get so low that it no longer makes sense to look at potentials? I've maxed out/nearly maxed out kids that started in the low 30s, but say a kid starts at 20 and is a "below average student in the classroom" -- if you start that kid for 4 years and he has, say, average improvement (i.e-a couple high potential categories, 2-3 low potential categories and everything else average) -- does he get to his full potential by the end of his senior season? What about a kid with 5-7 high potential areas, what WE is needed then to max the guy out? 

I would think this would be a pretty easy thing to figure out, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it pinned down to a specific numerical range beyond the generic "don't go lower than 40/30/25" banter that pops up from time to time. 

Similarly, at what point are you just spinning your wheels to simply keep what you make over the course of a season? 

10/22/2012 5:10 PM
◂ Prev 12
I am a complete idiot. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.