MITTENS CAUGHT ON TAPE!!!!!!!!!! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yeah i checked snopes:

That photo plus quotes from Sharon Jasper lifted from that article ("I might do better out here with one of these tents") and from others ("I might be poor, but I don't have to live poor") were married to her outbursts at a New Orleans City Council meeting on 20 December 2007 ("I will not be treated like a slave!" and "Back up and Shut up! Shut up, white boy! Shut up, white boy!"), then worked into the satire piece quoted above. It's for this reason that we've given this item a "Multiple" status: While some of the elements portrayed in the spoof are fabricated of whole cloth, others aren't. And while most of the photos associated with the satire were taken from elsewhere, the first one, the one that shows a big screen television, is the real deal.

Sure isn't very clear about which parts are fact and which are fiction is it?

Did you find something that identifies which parts were fiction? I could not.

In any case if you want to deny that mentality exists out there that's your business. I know some "sharon jaspers".

I used to be in restaurant management. I had a really good worker who turned in her two week notice in Sept. I was shocked. I told her "If you got a better job, I can see if we can get you a raise. You are one of our best employees" She proceeded to "explain" to me how she was at the peak of her EIC, and if she continued to work, she would just be "losing money"

Of course I tried to explain to her how the next three + months, she would not be EARNING ANYTHING, and that her EIC would not be enough to cover those 3 months of lost wages.

She insisted that I was naive. She had been SO brainwashed, she could not make that simple connection.
In her mind she was foolish if she did not get EVERY PENNY of free gov't money she could. Regardless of the effect on her overall yearly earnings...

This is not uncommon.
Continue to deny it if it makes you feel better, like pretending Romney really meant he doesn't care about those people and not that he can't worry about getting their vote.

9/19/2012 6:54 AM (edited)
More?

Angel Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KUW2vCPX7w&feature=related

I'm sure it'll be too long.
If you don't have the time to watch the entire reprt, at least watch the 25 seconds starting at the 2:05 mark. Where she claims that she is a single mom with 12 kids and "Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay."

This is not satire. This is a news report.

I also had a friend who lived with a lady and they had a child together, but wouldn't get married, because she had a child from another man before they got together and the lady would lose her welfare.

Again, denial helps no one.

9/19/2012 6:56 AM (edited)
Posted by genghisxcon on 9/18/2012 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/18/2012 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by genghisxcon on 9/18/2012 5:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/18/2012 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by genghisxcon on 9/18/2012 2:54:00 PM (view original):
See "intentionally and cartoonishly mischaracterizing those aren't backing you"

Honestly, Mike, my post wasn't that wordy. Even your notoriously short attention span shouldn't have been challenged.

Oh, I thought you were joking with that assessment.

"Intentionally and cartoonishly mischaracterizing"?

Explain, please.

Should I highlight the intentionally and cartoonishly misleadinging bits in red? OK.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

The gist of it: Mitt wants to portray Obama supporters as lazy, shiftless freeloaders. I'm not going to dignify that crap.

Of course, the really big whopper is what's implied by his stats: Those 47% who don't pay taxes (that's just federal, btw, most pay state, local, and/or payroll) are co-extensive with the 47% (completely made-up number, btw) who vote for Obama "no matter what." Hilarious. Most of the states with the lowest income tax liabilty lean Republican. Senior citizens (less likely to pay income tax) lean heavily toward Romney.
Yeah, you'll need to dignify that crap.

With the possible exception of "47 percent", I'm not sure what part isn't true.   If you're OK with sucking the govt teat, you're not voting for anyone but Obama.  

Amirite?
No, you're not right. You're not right about anything.

I don't need to dignify Romney/Miketitty's little game of mass character assassination.

I'm not going to pretend you're little phrase "sucking the government teat" has any substantive meaning.

Oh, btw, you do realize these 47% aren't necessarily poor, don't you? In 2011, 105,000 filers with incomes of at least $211,000 paid no federal income taxes, including 3,000 with incomes of at least $2.2 million. But hey, MittT23, don't let the facts get in the way of your bullshit.

Well, if you're going to make "points" and refuse to explain them, excuse me while I ignore you.     Which, upon further thought, is what I should have done yesterday.  

"mass character assassination"   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!  ******* sheep.

9/19/2012 7:04 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/18/2012 9:42:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. I don't think anyone wants to be on government assistance. You aren't exactly living large on food stamps and $900 a month in unemployment. But it will keep you from sliding into homelessness after a job loss and it also keeps the economy moving when a huge percentage of the population is suddenly unemployed.
Hanging out, doing what you can afford and having your basic needs handled?

It's ******* high school without the classes.   Plenty of people, far more than you can imagine, are fine with that.
9/19/2012 7:07 AM
I would think if there was any suspicion that Romney doesn't pay income taxes that the IRS would have been all over it.

Is Joseph Goebbels running the Obama campaign?
9/19/2012 7:39 AM
47% of America to be exact.

But it is laughable to still be demanding tax returns.   The IRS is nothing if not persistent.
9/19/2012 7:52 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 9/19/2012 7:54:00 AM (view original):
IT'S ILLEGAL TO USE THE IRS AS A POLITICAL TOOL TO TARGET POLITICAL OPPONENTS. THAT IS A NIXONIAN/REPUG TACTIC, NOT SURPRISD YE  WOULD DO IT.
WHO SAID IT WAS A POLITICAL TOOL?  YOU'RE A POLITICAL TOOL!!!!   THE IRS MAKES YOU FILL OUT TAX RETURNS.   THEY LOOK AT THEM.   IF YOU DIDN'T PAY ENOUGH, THEY SAY "HEY, YOU DIDN'T PAY ENOUGH.  SEND US SOME MORE MONEY SO OBAMA HAS SOME MORE TO WASTE!!!"   IF YOU PAID TOO MUCH, THEY BEGRUDGINGLY GIVE YOU SOME BACK.
9/19/2012 7:58 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
MITTENS CAUGHT ON TAPE!!!!!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.