MITTENS CAUGHT ON TAPE!!!!!!!!!! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

HE MAKES MORE THAN VIRTUALLY ANYONE!!!!!    I THINK THEY WOULD TAKE AN EXTRA LOOK AT A GUY MAKING 300 BILLION PER YEAR!!!!

9/19/2012 8:27 AM
9/19/2012 8:31 AM
LOL!
9/19/2012 8:36 AM
9/19/2012 8:42 AM
9/19/2012 8:56 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/18/2012 10:28:00 PM (view original):
I always thought that my primary responsibility as a parent was to raise my kids with two ultimate goals in mind: (1) to teach them to be responsible, and (2) to position them to be self-sufficient by the time they become adults.

These two goals are apparently bad things, according to those who wish to bash Romney and the Republicans.

What I should be doing, according to Obama and the Democrats, is: (1) teach my kids to do as little as they can to get by, and (2) teach my kids that self-sufficiency isn't that important, because the government will always be there to take care of you.

Those two goals are great. But I think you're massively mischaracterizing the Democrats.

9/19/2012 11:30 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/19/2012 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 9/18/2012 10:28:00 PM (view original):
I always thought that my primary responsibility as a parent was to raise my kids with two ultimate goals in mind: (1) to teach them to be responsible, and (2) to position them to be self-sufficient by the time they become adults.

These two goals are apparently bad things, according to those who wish to bash Romney and the Republicans.

What I should be doing, according to Obama and the Democrats, is: (1) teach my kids to do as little as they can to get by, and (2) teach my kids that self-sufficiency isn't that important, because the government will always be there to take care of you.

Those two goals are great. But I think you're massively mischaracterizing the Democrats.

Oh, sorry.  I was just taking cresten's lead with the way he massively mischaracterizes the Republicans.

Is that wrong?
9/19/2012 12:18 PM
It's wrong for both sides to purposely mischaracterize the opposition.

9/19/2012 12:43 PM
BUT HE STARTED IT!!!!!!!!
9/19/2012 12:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/19/2012 7:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/18/2012 9:42:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. I don't think anyone wants to be on government assistance. You aren't exactly living large on food stamps and $900 a month in unemployment. But it will keep you from sliding into homelessness after a job loss and it also keeps the economy moving when a huge percentage of the population is suddenly unemployed.
Hanging out, doing what you can afford and having your basic needs handled?

It's ******* high school without the classes.   Plenty of people, far more than you can imagine, are fine with that.
I'll expand on this because it applies to everyone.

Most people have a "comfort zone".   They reach that level and they're good.   No need to work harder or strive for more.   It applies to business owners, employees and even the lazily unemployed.     If you're fine making 50k a year for your current committment, you're fine.   Maybe you want to make 60k but aren't really willing to put in the extra effort.   If so, you've found your comfort zone of salary and work required.   There are people who always believe they need to move one step higher, I'm sure Obama and Romney both fit the bill, and they're willing to work for it.    Others say "I'm good as a state senator" or "I'm fine making $9 per hour in the mail room."    If you believe this to be true, you certainly can't deny that there are people who are fine with playing video games all day, eating what food stamps will buy and using their unemployment check to pay their bills.
9/19/2012 12:58 PM
The problem with Mitt's statement is that 2/3 of people in the "47% that don't pay federal income tax" group do pay payroll taxes. So they do work. A family of five making $50,000 a year doesn't have federal income tax liability by (bipartisan) design. They aren't lazy moochers living on the government dole.

Half of the remaining third (of the 47%) are seniors living on social security. The other 7% of the population? Mostly students who don't work full time and are exempt.
9/19/2012 1:14 PM (edited)
9/19/2012 1:24 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/19/2012 1:14:00 PM (view original):
The problem with Mitt's statement is that 2/3 of people in the "47% that don't pay federal income tax" group do pay payroll taxes. So they do work. A family of five making $50,000 a year doesn't have federal income tax liability by (bipartisan) design. They aren't lazy moochers living on the government dole.

Half of the remaining third (of the 47%) are seniors living on social security. The other 7% of the population? Mostly students who don't work full time and are exempt.
It was a fund raiser.   Equate it to a college football coach talking to boosters.

His numbers were based off what Obama will get regardless of what happens.   47%, without question, will vote for Obama.   Are they all in the specified group?  No, of course not.   

This entire "controversy" is just a left talking point.    Much like the release of Obama's "redistribution" speech is nothing more than Romney's way to counter it.
9/19/2012 2:01 PM
9/19/2012 2:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
MITTENS CAUGHT ON TAPE!!!!!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.