LOL at Peyton Topic

Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/4/2014 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2014 12:25:00 PM (view original):
It's kinda ironic that because Manning completely outplayed Brady in the AFC Championship Game, that he got to face this stupid defense in the Super Bowl, and looks bad.  If the Pats beat Denver, and played similarly poorly offensively (I really don't see why they wouldn't), Brady would be the one looking bad here, and Manning may have actually looked better than he does now.
pssss, Did you see who Brady was throwing the ball too.  The Pats shouldn't have been there to begin with.  Also, Peyton was playing against a D that was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Manning wasn't on fire till Aqib got injured.

I think that Brady and the Pats would have faired better vs Seattle in the SB, but would have lost as well.  Pats special teams are MUCH better than Denvers.
For the reasons you gave, I don't really see how Brady would have faired better than Peyton did.
2/4/2014 12:42 PM
I couldn't get a good look at the guys Brady was throwing to in the AFC title game - he was throwing it too far over their head.

The top of the AFC was down this year - I don't think anyone was going to stay with Seattle if the Seahawks played their A game.
2/4/2014 12:46 PM
Brady would've been killed by Seattle for the same reason that Manning did.  If you can get pressure with the front four ONLY, you can flood the short zones with big linebackers, and BEAT THE **** out of the dumpoff receivers catching the quick throws from the panicked (and immobile QBs).  That's why Seattle had trouble with the 49ers; they get pressure with the front four, and VOOOOOM!  Kaepernick takes off for a first down.  You can't beat Seattle with a stationary QB.
2/4/2014 12:47 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2014 12:42:00 PM (view original):
It's kinda ironic that because Manning completely outplayed Brady in the AFC Championship Game, that he got to face this stupid defense in the Super Bowl, and looks bad.  If the Pats beat Denver, and played similarly poorly offensively (I really don't see why they wouldn't), Brady would be the one looking bad here, and Manning may have actually looked better than he does now.
pssss, Did you see who Brady was throwing the ball too.  The Pats shouldn't have been there to begin with.  Also, Peyton was playing against a D that was playing 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Manning wasn't on fire till Aqib got injured.

I think that Brady and the Pats would have faired better vs Seattle in the SB, but would have lost as well.  Pats special teams are MUCH better than Denvers.
For the reasons you gave, I don't really see how Brady would have faired better than Peyton did.
Brady doesn't get happy feet.  Plus noise doesn't bother him.
2/4/2014 12:48 PM
I didn't realize how great Seattle's front 4 would play.  Combine that with the tight coverage, there was nothing Manning, or anyone, could have done.  That said, Manning threw 2 picks trying to force something, and that's on him.  He didn't play well.
2/4/2014 12:49 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/4/2014 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2014 12:42:00 PM (view original):

Brady doesn't get happy feet.  Plus noise doesn't bother him.
I don't know if Manning's "happy feet" really means anything.  Noise doesn't bother him, but tight coverage and defensive lineman do.  And as you said, he had no weapons.
2/4/2014 12:50 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2014 12:49:00 PM (view original):
I didn't realize how great Seattle's front 4 would play.  Combine that with the tight coverage, there was nothing Manning, or anyone, could have done.  That said, Manning threw 2 picks trying to force something, and that's on him.  He didn't play well.
Kaepernick was poised to beat them, until he rushed a throw unnecessarily against their best DB.

With a receiver WIDE OPEN down the seam.
2/4/2014 12:51 PM
Someone mobile like Kap, yea.  If you can't run, you didn't have much of a chance, you're right.

If he threw that ball better (higher, farther) Crabtree had a shot at it.  Kap's throws don't have a ton of trajectory.  If he had another receiver open...damn.
2/4/2014 12:55 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2014 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Someone mobile like Kap, yea.  If you can't run, you didn't have much of a chance, you're right.

If he threw that ball better (higher, farther) Crabtree had a shot at it.  Kap's throws don't have a ton of trajectory.  If he had another receiver open...damn.
Brady did pretty well vs Seattle last season...in Seattle.  Came up short because of crappy D.
2/4/2014 1:08 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/4/2014 12:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 2/4/2014 12:25:00 PM (view original):
Montana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Manning/Brady/Elway
Montana is a beast.  No denying that.
A "winner" that could arguably be better in the playoffs.

Reg:  63.2, 211, 1.42/.72 TD/INT
Playoffs:  62.7, 251, 1.96/.91

He threw for 40 more yards and more TD in the playoffs while decreasing comp % and increasing INT(pretty much on par with the increases of Manning/Brady).

But let's no overexaggerate what he did. 
2/4/2014 1:21 PM
In Super Bowls, Joe was 4-0 with 11 TDs and ZERO Ints.  Kinda hard to overexaggerate perfection.
2/4/2014 1:39 PM
As in the Brady example, he wasn't blocking and throwing to himself.   I'll even add he wasn't coaching himself either.   Perfection might be an exaggeration.
2/4/2014 1:43 PM
BLASPHEMER!!!!!
2/4/2014 2:09 PM
Montana always struck me as a system quarterback.  He did very well running the West Coast offense under Walsh and then Seifort, but my thoughts were always that the system made him the QB that he is regarded to be, rather than him being the "QB God" that so many think him to be.

Keep in mind that he was the last pick of the third round, well behind QB's Jack Thompson and Steve Fuller, a punter (Russell Erxleben) and a kicker (Tony Franklin).  Doesn't say much for how his college career was regarded, despite a National Championship.
2/4/2014 2:36 PM
I told todd once that I thought Young was better for his career and I think he could have driven a hammer through my face if he had the opportunity at that moment.

Remember that he's also very win/championship-heavy when it comes to judging QBs.  He probably thinks Eli is a top 20 QB all time.
2/4/2014 2:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
LOL at Peyton Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.