True or False: Florida State Topic

True or False:  If Florida State beats Clemson this weekend, they will be one of the participants in the National Championship Game in January.

Discuss.

9/20/2012 8:40 AM
Nope.  They'll lose to VT, Florida or both. 
9/20/2012 9:15 AM
FALSE

If you want an answer right now I would say false because both teams have a lot to prove.  In addition both teams still have some pretty tough games left on their schedule and based on recent history FLA ST and Clemson each seem to have a game or two each season in which they fail to show up mentally.

FLA ST
@Miami - big rivalry game, I know Miami isn't a great team but still a place where FSU could lose
@VaTech - all depends on which VaTech and FSU teams show up to play
Florida - they get the Gators at home but I think we have already seen Florida is a well tested road team
ACC Title Game - crap shoot

Clemson
VaTech - I see Clemson winning but still a challenge
South Carolina - this will be a tough game
ACC Title Game - crap shoot

Clemson has the easier remaining schedule of the two teams but can they beat FSU on the road.  I think Clemson is going to lose to FSU and then FSU will lose later in the season which pretty much will eliminate both teams from the national title race.  So again my answer is false.
9/20/2012 9:21 AM
The bigger question this weekend....

Will FSU cover the 14 pt spread?
9/20/2012 11:31 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
They don't play Oklahoma this season.

I fully expect FSU to beat Clemson and cover.

Auburn gave Clemson all they could handle for 3 quarters and Auburn isn't that good.

9/20/2012 11:47 AM
I think Crave might be right.  Somehow I overlooked the Gators' and their schedule (maybe it was their bad season last year that made me forget them).  I think Virginia Tech is down this year and Miami has been for awhile, but Florida has 2 cupcakes before the Florida State game.  If the Seminoles deal with Clemson, they'll still have to handle the Gators.  And losing a game that late in the season is death to a NC game bid.

Moosep:  Oklahoma?  There are a lot of good teams that Oklahoma has to deal with before they can consider themselves out of the woods.  Kansas St this weekend, Texas in a few weeks, Notre Dame, TCU, West Virginia!!!  Even OK State might have a say.  I think we are long way to saying Oklahoma will be anywhere near the NC game.
9/20/2012 12:02 PM (edited)

I wouldn't slam the door on VA Tech just yet.   First, they're a different team in Blacksburg.   Second, it would have been very easy to look past Pitt in Pitt.  Finally, they laid an egg agains Clemson fairly early last year and won the rest of their games until Clemson beat them again in the ACC championship. 

9/20/2012 1:49 PM
ACC Football is like the JV game the high schools play on Thursdays.  Having said that I think ACC might have a better product than the B1G this season
9/20/2012 2:14 PM
That's what Sooner fans say every year. =)  We'll see, bro.  We'll see.
9/20/2012 11:02 PM
Sooners obviosly have talent but they are a mystery in the mental toughness section
9/21/2012 7:00 AM
JUST SCHEDULE A 3 GAME PLAYOFF SERIES: LSU VS. ALABAMA, 1 EACH AT HOME, CHAMPIONSHIP AT THE ORANGE BOWL

EVERYBODY ELSE ARE ALSO-RANS
9/22/2012 8:00 AM
4 teams, Alabama's starters, Alabama's backups, LSU, and pick anyone from another conference
9/22/2012 11:02 PM
12 Next ▸
True or False: Florida State Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.