THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Actually Rasmussen in pretty CORRECT leaning.

The last few elections they nailed it.

10/25/2012 12:33 AM
Rasmussen polls were biased and inaccurate in 2010.

Moreover, Rasmussen’s polls were quite biased, overestimating the standing of the Republican candidate by almost 4 points on average. In just 12 cases, Rasmussen’s polls overestimated the margin for the Democrat by 3 or more points. But it did so for the Republican candidate in 55 cases — that is, in more than half of the polls that it issued.

Rasmussen’s polls — after a 
poor debut in 2000 in which they picked the wrong winner in 7 key states in that year’s Presidential race — nevertheless had performed quite strongly in in 2004 and 2006. And they were about average in 2008. But their polls were poor this year.

10/25/2012 11:10 AM (edited)
Wrong isnt biased.

In the last 4 Presidential elections they did better than most polls.

And all of the other main polls usually slant towards the dems. That is a bias.
10/25/2012 12:48 PM
It's one thing to be wrong, it's another to always be wrong in a certain direction. I highly doubt you'd accept a poll that leans so significantly blue. Even if it was accurate in 2004 and 2006.
10/25/2012 12:59 PM
Rasmussen isnt biased though. They are right usually.

Most of the mainstream polls have been consistently biased towards the Dems in Presidential polls. Often.
10/25/2012 1:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

That we can agree on.

No more Commercials about a Michigan Proposal about a new Bridge to Canada...both sides are running commercials constantly!

10/25/2012 1:22 PM
I have seen NO commercials for the presidential candidates.  I got them back in the primaries, which seems odd.  If during the general elections the Republicans are basically willing to concede that they're not going to win California, why advertise so heavily in California during the primaries?  Obviously because it carries a lot of weight in the primary, which should probably be adjusted.  Just doesn't make sense for a state that will almost never vote Republican in a presidential election to carry a significant weight deciding who the candidate they won't vote for anyway is going to be.
10/25/2012 3:00 PM
It doesn't make much sense that a state will almost never vote in a different direction than they historically have. 

******* brainwashed bots.   And that goes for all of them. 
10/25/2012 3:12 PM
It isnt that they dont think a state might vote different.

Each campaign has their own internal estimates and if you think you have no chance in a state why spend millions there.
10/25/2012 3:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/25/2012 3:12:00 PM (view original):
It doesn't make much sense that a state will almost never vote in a different direction than they historically have. 

******* brainwashed bots.   And that goes for all of them. 
Why? I think it makes perfect sense.

Unless the demographics of a state change or the voting/election/campaign contribution laws change or the policy stance(s) of a party change, why wouldn't people continue to vote for the candidate from the party that most closely represents their own personal views?
10/25/2012 4:30 PM
I imagine the people in Ohio are near the edge of insanity.
10/26/2012 10:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.