THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2014 2:31:00 PM (view original):
Of course it's liberals.  If it's something that's on their agenda (gay marriage, for instance), then they DEMAND inclusion ("marriage for everybody!").  But if it's something that's not on their agenda, then if there's a chance that one person or group may be offended or feel left out, then their position is "No, we can't allow that, it needs to be stopped".

That's why Nativity scenes are now controversial and often banned in public places at Christmastime.  And now it's extended to Halloween.

Don't pretend that you don't realize that's EXACTLY what's happening.
Can you send a link? I'm skeptical. What religion celebrates Halloween?

Unless you're just making this up as a joke? Which wouldn't surprise me. Is that "EXACTLY what's happening?"
11/17/2014 2:40 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2014 2:35:00 PM (view original):
You can say merry christmas. I'm atheist and I say it all the time. My family also celebrates christmas.
11/17/2014 2:41 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/17/2014 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Of course it's liberals.  If it's something that's on their agenda (gay marriage, for instance), then they DEMAND inclusion ("marriage for everybody!").  But if it's something that's not on their agenda, then if there's a chance that one person or group may be offended or feel left out, then their position is "No, we can't allow that, it needs to be stopped".

That's why Nativity scenes are now controversial and often banned in public places at Christmastime.  And now it's extended to Halloween.

Unless you're just making this up as a joke? Which wouldn't surprise me. Is that "EXACTLY what's happening?"
http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/27/elementary-schools-ban-halloween-because-maybe-somebody-could-get-offended/
11/17/2014 2:58 PM

Actually, I'm positive it's the Christians that are the ones offended by Halloween:

"Halloween is based upon modern Wiccan interpretations of pre-Christian paganism and involve occultic rites and practices that Christians should have no dealings with.”

Halloween is Satan’s night,”

"Its origins lie deeply rooted in the occult, and Christians should stay away"

"Why we don't celebrate Halloween"

"Halloween is an abomination in the sight of God"

11/17/2014 3:04 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2014 2:58:00 PM (view original):

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/27/elementary-schools-ban-halloween-because-maybe-somebody-could-get-offended/
Oh, I see the problem. You get your news from the Daily Caller. I guess when you're looking for a conservative voice with less credibility than Rush Limbaugh, the Daily Caller is a good option.
11/17/2014 3:06 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/17/2014 3:06:00 PM (view original):

Oh, I see the problem. You get your news from the Daily Caller. I guess when you're looking for a conservative voice with less credibility than Rush Limbaugh, the Daily Caller is a good option.
Also, nobody is "taking away Halloween." They are just not allowing costumes at school. No big deal. We weren't allowed to wear costumes to school when I was a kid.
11/17/2014 3:09 PM

Actually, I get my news from the local TV stations and the major networks.

But nevermind about that.  Do you think that Daily Caller made up the story?

11/17/2014 4:06 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/17/2014 3:09:00 PM (view original):

Also, nobody is "taking away Halloween." They are just not allowing costumes at school. No big deal. We weren't allowed to wear costumes to school when I was a kid.
I don't think the kids affected are interested in the liberal spin on why their school Halloween events were cancelled.  They just know that stupid grown ups took it away from them.

11/17/2014 4:07 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):

Actually, I get my news from the local TV stations and the major networks.

But nevermind about that.  Do you think that Daily Caller made up the story?

It was a joke, Shirley.
11/17/2014 4:14 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2014 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/17/2014 3:09:00 PM (view original):

I don't think the kids affected are interested in the liberal spin on why their school Halloween events were cancelled.  They just know that stupid grown ups took it away from them.

Again, liberal spin? Your link didn't blame liberals, it blamed principals not wanting to leave certain children out. Children who don't celebrate Halloween for religious reasons tend to be Christian.

Also, who gives a ****? It is perfectly reasonable for a school to not allow kids to wear costumes to school. Outrage for the sake of outrage.
11/17/2014 4:20 PM
The link didn't explicitly blame liberals.  But it certainly blamed "political correctness".

Is "political correctness" more of a lefty thing or a righty thing?

11/17/2014 6:51 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2014 6:51:00 PM (view original):
The link didn't explicitly blame liberals.  But it certainly blamed "political correctness".

Is "political correctness" more of a lefty thing or a righty thing?

I forgot that your ability to think critically begins and ends with generalizations.

Who cares whether it's usually more of a lefty or righty thing? In this specific, off-topic example that you brought up, it's Christian children who are more likely the ones not celebrating Halloween and feeling left out.

And again, it's perfectly reasonable for a school to not allow Halloween costumes, regardless of why.

11/17/2014 7:22 PM

LOL.

You really are funny, in a sad sort of way.

11/17/2014 10:08 PM
I'm glad you find me funny. I find you sad, without all the funny.
11/18/2014 9:13 AM
Can Christians have a holiday? 
11/22/2014 7:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...70|71|72|73|74...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.