THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

The broad topic is why is it so important for any issue that is Christian based to be driven into the ground?

Abortion, gay marriage, evolution, Christmas...

This is what the media focuses on.

Why is the simple beliefs of the majority religion in America such a threat to the left?
1/28/2013 5:11 PM
Maybe the question should be why are Christians so concerned with the behavior of others?

No one is attacking Christmas. No one is saying you can't or shouldn't celebrate Christmas. Some businesses are choosing, of their own free will, to acknowledge that there are several other holidays at the end of the year and have stopped assuming that everyone celebrates Christmas.

You are free to not get an abortion. You are free to not marry a man. You are free to believe that God plopped Adam and Eve down on earth as is 6,000 years ago after creating the entire universe in six 24 hour days.
1/28/2013 5:58 PM
You are free not to get an abortion?

Is that the same as you are free not to own a slave?

There are certain issues that impact us all. For people that believe that abortion is murder to stay silent isnt a valid option.

While most Americans are still Christians we see a hostility against religion in the eyes of their government.

And this is not an old fashioned ideal. The growing populations in America are more religious than the old groups.

So the Supreme Court said we cannot pray in school, which some can accept. Is the idea that a class President making a speech mentioning god really against the spirit of the American Constitution?

The SC said we cannot have a manger scene without other decorations. That turned into no mangers in some cities.

And Christmas is the Dominant religion at the end of the year.

I dont want the government to force a company to do anything about Christmas, but private citizens letting these businesses know that they should think twice before dismissing Christmas.

2/13/2013 1:49 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/13/2013 1:49:00 AM (view original):
You are free not to get an abortion?

Is that the same as you are free not to own a slave?

There are certain issues that impact us all. For people that believe that abortion is murder to stay silent isnt a valid option.

While most Americans are still Christians we see a hostility against religion in the eyes of their government.

And this is not an old fashioned ideal. The growing populations in America are more religious than the old groups.

So the Supreme Court said we cannot pray in school, which some can accept. Is the idea that a class President making a speech mentioning god really against the spirit of the American Constitution?

The SC said we cannot have a manger scene without other decorations. That turned into no mangers in some cities.

And Christmas is the Dominant religion at the end of the year.

I dont want the government to force a company to do anything about Christmas, but private citizens letting these businesses know that they should think twice before dismissing Christmas.

See, that's the difference between us. You see a company saying Happy Holidays as a dismissal of Christmas. I see a company saying Happy Holidays as a way to broaden their appeal and include more people in the celebration. Christmas is still included in the "holidays," along with Hannukkah, New Years, Thanksgiving, Kwanzaa, etc., etc.

Those private companies saying happy holidays is not a war on anyone. Just an attempt to include more people and avoid alienating customers.

We? I thought you were athiest??? Or was that just bullshit?
2/13/2013 11:41 AM
I am an Atheist. And very proud of it. I dont keep it a secret.

For some reason defending Christians and being an Atheist makes people brand you a hypocrite. You have to pick a side.

Of course no one would blast a white person for defending the rights of blacks. Why the difference?

2/13/2013 1:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No, he didn't say "we see a hostility against OUR religion," just "we see a hostility against religion."  I read that as "we, the conservatives who see an anti-religious bias," not "we, the Christians."  Frankly, there are probably a larger proportion of conservative atheists who believe in a "war on Christmas" than liberal Christians.
2/13/2013 2:49 PM
Thanks Dah.
2/13/2013 3:24 PM
Really, swamp? You think Christians are the group that needs more defenders?
2/13/2013 5:16 PM
I think any group, no matter how big a majority, that is getting unfairly picked on needs defending.

There is a commercial I hear all the time on the radio. It is a mother singing a version of twinkle little star to here daughter. The words are changed to make it more informative of astonomy. The end line is that girls get start to lose interest in math and science as they get older so keep them into it.

Why do they need to single out girls? Why not try to make all kids better in math and science.

Teen males need love too!
2/13/2013 6:25 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/13/2013 6:25:00 PM (view original):
I think any group, no matter how big a majority, that is getting unfairly picked on needs defending.

There is a commercial I hear all the time on the radio. It is a mother singing a version of twinkle little star to here daughter. The words are changed to make it more informative of astonomy. The end line is that girls get start to lose interest in math and science as they get older so keep them into it.

Why do they need to single out girls? Why not try to make all kids better in math and science.

2/13/2013 7:39 PM
And of course I meant love in the nuturing sense.

Try to actually respond to an issue that is raised.

Lets have some adult conversations about the important water cooler issues impacting Americans!
2/13/2013 7:50 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/13/2013 6:25:00 PM (view original):

But Christians aren't being picked on. Saying happy holidays is not picking on Christians.
2/13/2013 9:10 PM
But swamp wants to feel persecuted!!
2/13/2013 9:18 PM
<<I think any group, no matter how big a majority, that is getting unfairly picked on needs defending.>>

Unless that group is native Americans or some other group that can't defend itself in which case Swamp says "YGWYD"

effin' hypocrite
2/13/2013 9:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...51|52|53|54|55...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.