THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Not me personally, but there are some Atheists who are exremly hard core left wing.

They view Capitalism, Chrisitanity and Our Republic as a threat.
12/11/2012 5:33 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/11/2012 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/11/2012 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/11/2012 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Atheism is a non-belief. Not a belief.

If atheism is a religion then not collecting stamps is a hobby.

Atheism is the belief that there is no religion.

It is like a group that goes around trying to prove that there is no Conspiracy in the Kennedy assasination.

We believe in something and fight for that belief.

Are you on crack?

If someone asked you if you were religious, would you respond with, "why yes, in fact, I am. I'm an atheist?" The person you were talking to would be extremely confused.

It isnt the same as just not doing something.

I always refer to my belief as a religion. I consider myself to be active in my religion.

People that believe in a 2nd gunman on he Grassy Knoll and people that do not believe there was a 2nd gunman are the same as Christians and Atheists.
12/11/2012 5:36 PM
Yeah, it is. You don't believe in god. You don't collect stamps.

One isn't a religion. One isn't a hobby.
12/11/2012 5:50 PM
In a survey which asks for religion you will typically see atheist or atheist/agnostic as an option.  I personally don't like seeing them grouped, they really aren't the same thing at all.  At least atheists have a belief system.  Come on agnostics, grow some balls and take a stand.
12/11/2012 5:51 PM
People that believe in a 2nd gunman on he Grassy Knoll and people that do not believe there was a 2nd gunman are the same as Christians and Atheists.

Would you consider 2nd gunman non-believers conspiracy theorists? 
12/11/2012 5:51 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/11/2012 5:50:00 PM (view original):

Not collecting stamps isnt an active process.

We choose to not believe in a divine being.

If someone were to start a group to oppose stamp collecting we might have a similar concept.
12/11/2012 5:55 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/11/2012 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/11/2012 5:50:00 PM (view original):

Not collecting stamps isnt an active process.

We choose to not believe in a divine being.

If someone were to start a group to oppose stamp collecting we might have a similar concept.
Neither is not believing in a god. 

Atheists aren't opposing religion. We just don't share the belief.
12/11/2012 6:00 PM
12/12/2012 7:41 AM
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

#3 probably applies to atheists.   They believe no higher power exists and group themselves.   I doubt it's an exact religion but it could probably be classified as much as a religion as any other.
12/12/2012 9:23 AM
Whether you believe atheism is an official religion or not is largely irrelevant to the discussion.

The point is these atheists who want religious symbols and the like removed from government property are forcing the government to follow THEIR beliefs, which effective establishes atheism as the "national religion", (whether you believe it's a religion or not, it has the same effect).

That is not any more right than establishing any other religion as a "national religion" and yet it is exactly what many of the atheists desire - to effective establish atheism as a de facto "national religion" endorsed by the government on the basis the government can't defend any other beliefs so it somehow "must" defend a lack of belief, which is the same as atheism.

The atheists are like so many groups throughout history - they don't want equality, they want SUPERIORITY. It's wrong and people need to take a stand against their ridiculous agenda to see it happen. No establishment of religion includes no establishment of atheism.

Give everyone EQUAL ability to display their religious symbols and the like on government property instead and watch the atheists blow a gasket since they have nothing to display as they believe in nothing except trying to ruin other people's lives.
12/12/2012 9:25 AM
Bullshit. Atheists aren't asking for anything other than that the government follows the constitution. There is no national religion and it needs to stay that way. Religious displays on public property are de facto endorsements. You are free to put whatever religious display you want on private property.
12/12/2012 9:51 AM
Atheists ARE asking for something the government specifically wants to avoid and the constitution requires it to avoid - the establishment of a "national religion".

There is no national religion, and I agree it should stay that way. The difference is many of these atheists actually WANT there to be a "national religion" - they simply want that "religion" to be atheism.

If you ban or eliminate all religious activity having to do with government including religious symbols and the like, then you are effectively endorsing atheism, and that is the same as endorsing any other religion and should not be allowed.

Banning all religious endorsements is a de facto endorsement for atheism. It is just as wrong as promoting any other single set of beliefs.

Every religion should be on equal ground. The constitution shouldn't give atheists more rights to what they believe when it comes to the government.
12/12/2012 12:01 PM
Atheists ARE asking for something the government specifically wants to avoid and the constitution requires it to avoid - the establishment of a "national religion".

There is no national religion, and I agree it should stay that way. The difference is many of these atheists actually WANT there to be a "national religion" - they simply want that "religion" to be atheism. 

Atheism is not a religion. It is the absence of religion.

Every religion should be on equal ground. The constitution shouldn't give atheists more rights to what they believe when it comes to the government.

Every religion can only be on equal ground if the government refuses to endorse any religion.

12/12/2012 12:16 PM
So why does the system allow Atheists to take religion out of the public square?

The Judges are almost all Chrisitan.

The Presidents are all Christian.

The Congress is almost all Christian.

The Governors, County Executives, Mayors and City Managers are almost all Christian.

So why do Atheists have so much power?

Liberal Democrats trying to destroy traditional American values.
12/12/2012 1:01 PM
The system shouldn't allow the removal of all religious symbols and the like but rather EQUALITY among all of them.

This would fulfill the constitutional requirement of not establishing a national religion because everyone would get equal treatment.

That doesn't satisfy the atheists, though, because they don't want equal treatment. They want their beliefs to be supported by the government and they think they've found a way to make it happen.

I think I'm going to join a group to sue the government for endorsing atheism if they ban all religious symbols and practices on government property on the basis it is an endorsement of a system of beliefs (atheism) that is so similar to endorsing a religion that there is no way to discern a difference. Let the atheists have some of their own medicine when they're named in the suit too if I can encourage anyone to make it happen.
12/12/2012 1:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.