THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

btw, all this crap is right up swampy's alley. No claim of conservative vicimhood is too baseless and absurd for swampy to champion. If that means debasing his alleged atheist beliefs, so be it.
2/22/2013 1:36 AM
So in order for you to address someone being unfairly treated you need to be a part of that group? I have to be black to be bothered by racism? You will throw out any reason to criticize conservative values, it doesnt matter how illogical our outright false they are!

2/22/2013 11:45 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/22/2013 11:45:00 AM (view original):
So in order for you to address someone being unfairly treated you need to be a part of that group? I have to be black to be bothered by racism? You will throw out any reason to criticize conservative values, it doesnt matter how illogical our outright false they are!

"You will throw out any reason to criticize conservative values, it doesnt matter how illogical our outright false they are!"

Um, isn't that exactly what you do with the left?
2/22/2013 12:02 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/22/2013 11:45:00 AM (view original):

Who is being unfairly treated?
2/22/2013 12:03 PM
I believe we were discussing the situation dealing with Christians.

Are you having trouble paying attention?
2/22/2013 1:28 PM
You see, swamp believes that Christians are being treated unfairly when they aren't given preferential treatment.
2/22/2013 2:09 PM
Man you guys are dragging out the old catch phrases.

Declare anyone wanting to be treated fairly to want special rights.

Isnt that from the 70s?
2/22/2013 2:57 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/22/2013 1:28:00 PM (view original):

How are Christians being treated unfairly?

It seems like we are starting to treat them the same as we treat other religions.
2/22/2013 4:20 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/22/2013 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Man you guys are dragging out the old catch phrases.

Declare anyone wanting to be treated fairly to want special rights.

Isnt that from the 70s?
The inaccuracy of the statement aside, anyone else laugh when swamp, of all people, said, "dragging out the old catch phrases?"
2/22/2013 4:25 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 2/22/2013 4:20:00 PM (view original):

It seems like we are starting to treat them the same as we treat other religions.
So after 200 years we start banning state symbols with crosses, prevent public Christmas displays and ban any public prayer, and no one sees a problem?

There is a pop culture attack against Fundamentalist religious beliefs in America.

If you believe you are a moron.

Gays should be able to march naked in the streets of SF, but Christians should not be able to mention God in a commencement address??
2/23/2013 4:11 PM
You didn't actually answer the question, did you?
2/23/2013 5:41 PM
I think I did. We have a very narrow standard for what Religious people can do, but the population in general has much less restrictions.
2/25/2013 4:19 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 2/23/2013 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 2/22/2013 4:20:00 PM (view original):

So after 200 years we start banning state symbols with crosses, prevent public Christmas displays and ban any public prayer, and no one sees a problem?

There is a pop culture attack against Fundamentalist religious beliefs in America.

If you believe you are a moron.

Gays should be able to march naked in the streets of SF, but Christians should not be able to mention God in a commencement address??
State symbols of religion are prohibited by the constitution. Sorry it took so long to correct the error.

Prayer in public is not banned. You can mention God whenever you want.

You can decorate for whatever religious holiday you want on your private property.
2/25/2013 5:47 PM
How are state symbols of religion prohibited by the Constitution?  Establishment of religion is a lot different from embracing a religion; I firmly believe the original intent, at least, was to prevent religious persecution of any religious group.  I'm not saying I agree with swamp on this, and I don't, but I think your interpretation of that amendment is far broader than the intent.
2/25/2013 6:13 PM
1 A state symbol of a religion is not the same as having a cross in a flag with other symbols. And if you dont do something for 200 years it sets a precedent.

2 So a High School kid has never been prevented from thanking god in a comencement speech?

3 Does that mean that gays can act gay in their own house but it can be illegal for them to act gay in public? Why is there a special standard to religious people?
2/25/2013 6:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...54|55|56|57|58...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.