THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
OK.  I want you to finally get a job and demand to work on Good Friday and Christmas Day.    Thanks.
3/27/2013 4:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
IS THAT SO YOU CAN DRINK ON THE JOB, TONTO!!??!?!?!?

FIREWATER!!!!!!!!
3/27/2013 4:23 PM
Our government is prohibited by the Constitution from endorsing any religion. The government and its properties, agencies, and laws can't be religious. Lack of religious symbols is an endorsement of nothing. The way it should be.

Atheists believe in nothing religious, so allowing nothing religious is an endorsement of atheism. The only people who think that's "the way it should be" are atheists.
3/28/2013 8:48 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/28/2013 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Our government is prohibited by the Constitution from endorsing any religion. The government and its properties, agencies, and laws can't be religious. Lack of religious symbols is an endorsement of nothing. The way it should be.

Atheists believe in nothing religious, so allowing nothing religious is an endorsement of atheism. The only people who think that's "the way it should be" are atheists.
An endorsement of nothing means that the government is choosing one group over another. There is no other constitutional option.
3/28/2013 10:16 AM
MOTHERFUCK!!!

Tomorrow is Good Friday and virtually everything is closed.

Why aren't the do-gooders protesting this obvious endorsement of Jesus?    
3/28/2013 10:26 AM
An endorsement of nothing means that the government is choosing one group over another. There is no other constitutional option.

Yes, there is - provide equal abilities for all religions so that the government isn't endorsing anything, including atheism, which is endorsed if everyone else is banned from such abilities.
3/28/2013 10:43 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/28/2013 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 3/28/2013 8:48:00 AM (view original):

That should say "the government ISN'T choosing one group..."
3/28/2013 11:09 AM
But they have.   Good Friday = Endorsement of Jesus

Will you be walking the streets with a protest sign tomorrow?
3/28/2013 11:15 AM
Will you organize a protest for the Federal holiday of Christmas?    I mean, ****, it's even got CHRIST in the goddam name.
3/28/2013 11:18 AM
The government is endorsing atheism by prohibiting the free exercise of religion on public property.

If I had no life whatsoever and had the desire and wanted to waste the money, I'd rally a group of people who agree with me, stage protests, and then file legal action and lawsuits (or at least threaten to do so) declaring the government is attempting to endorse atheism.

3/28/2013 11:39 AM
Minutes from the Athiests R Us meeting in Nov '12:

"OK, guys, Christmas is upon us again.   Let's canvas our government buildings to make sure there are no Baby Jesus decorations."
"Grand Poo-bah, it appears that the government has also declared it a Federal holiday again.  What are we going to do about that?"
"Let's just accept it as a paid holiday.   But please report back to us if you see a Christmas decoration on a government building. We can't stand for that."
3/28/2013 11:43 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/28/2013 11:39:00 AM (view original):
The government is endorsing atheism by prohibiting the free exercise of religion on public property.

If I had no life whatsoever and had the desire and wanted to waste the money, I'd rally a group of people who agree with me, stage protests, and then file legal action and lawsuits (or at least threaten to do so) declaring the government is attempting to endorse atheism.

Atheism isn't a religion. So the government isn't endorsing anything by following the law and staying secular.
3/28/2013 11:47 AM
1 Atheism is a religion. At least as much of a religion as Christianity is. There isnt really a "Christian Religion". There are many Christian religions. Just as there are many spheres of Atheism.

2 Not supporting a religion is not the same as opposing it. The same as a poll question that has Yes, No and Not sure on it.
3/28/2013 11:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...63|64|65|66|67...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.