1. Alabama ~ The Champs are the champs until they lose.
2. Florida State ~ The Noles look as dangerous as anyone all-around.
3. West Virginia ~ The Mountaineers are here because I believe if they get rolling on offense, it'll take a SEC defense to stop them!
4. Kansas State ~ Their two wins really do speak for themselves.
5. Oregon ~ They dress up to undress the rest of the PAC 12..
6. Florida ~ The win over Texas A&M showed me that the Gators do have some bite.
7. Stanford ~ Are they just the masters of beating USC or are they a contender?
8. Notre Dame ~ They deserve some credit for stopping Michigan like they did.
9. LSU ~ Gonna be interesting to see how this team stacks up against Florida.
10. Georgia ~ ^ replace Florida with South Carolina.

9/26/2012 4:01 AM
BUH-BYE STANFORD
9/28/2012 7:11 AM
Looks like they were just masters at beating USC.  
9/28/2012 8:40 AM
Stanford is good they just won't always be up like they were for USC and the PAC12 has enough good coaches and decent talent now to make good teams pay.  That is why I put USC ahead of Stanford, gregsimon.  I expect Stanford will not be ranked ahead of USC the rest of the season despite having beaten them.
9/28/2012 10:32 AM
Lol, it makes USC look worse, imo, not better. They struggled against Syracuse, and got beat by a Stanford squad that fell to Washington. Maybe USC just had bad days, but their on-field performance hasn't looked all that great to me.
9/28/2012 12:57 PM
Tennessee has a tough stretch ahead; their next 4 games are against

#5 Georgia
#21 Miss. St.
#1 Bama
#6 South Carolina

Despite not being all that great, I'll be surprised if they go 0-4. What do you guys think? Miss St is obviously the easiest game, but I wonder how long they can hang with the others. Bray is pretty damned good sometimes, especially when he's not getting hit. I feel like Bama will smoke them, Georgia probably will too but TN might play tough for awhile, and with a bit of luck they might be able to hang with SC. Am I delusional?

9/28/2012 1:03 PM
Posted by inkdskn on 9/28/2012 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Lol, it makes USC look worse, imo, not better. They struggled against Syracuse, and got beat by a Stanford squad that fell to Washington. Maybe USC just had bad days, but their on-field performance hasn't looked all that great to me.
Football does not have transitive properties.  You can't say team A beat team B and team B beat team C so obviously team C is worse than team A.  It just doesn't work like that, especially not in college football.  Ask LSU what they thought their chances were going into the National Championship Game last year after they had already beat Alabama at home by 3.  Many were expecting to win by at least a TD.  How did that work out?

Look, I am not a USC homer.  In fact, I'd like to see them fail.  But I think you have to take your team-colored (Blue and Maize? Crimson?) glasses off and use the eye test.  USC has a wake-up call under their belts, a favorable schedule, and a lot of future NFL pros on both sides of the ball.  I don't think USC are particularly well coached and they don't have a lot of high quality depth sitting on the bench ready to come in. 

USC plays Washington in Seattle in a few weeks.  Do you really think the Huskies will/should be favored?
9/28/2012 1:30 PM
Posted by inkdskn on 9/28/2012 1:03:00 PM (view original):

#5 Georgia
#21 Miss. St.
#1 Bama
#6 South Carolina

Despite not being all that great, I'll be surprised if they go 0-4. What do you guys think? Miss St is obviously the easiest game, but I wonder how long they can hang with the others. Bray is pretty damned good sometimes, especially when he's not getting hit. I feel like Bama will smoke them, Georgia probably will too but TN might play tough for awhile, and with a bit of luck they might be able to hang with SC. Am I delusional?

That stretch is brutal.  The only home game they play is against the Crimson Tide.  Everything else is away from Knoxville.  I think Tennessee has shown signs of recovering from getting Kiffin'ed.  What they did with Florida for 3 quarters was good football.  But that stretch is going to get away from them I think.  They have 2 weeks to prepare for Mississippi State so if they are going to steal a game, I think it has to be that one.  But I wouldn't be surprised if they put up some serious points on Alabama or South Carolina... enough to win?  I'm not sure I'm delusional enough to think that.
9/28/2012 1:37 PM

#5 Georgia
#21 Miss. St.
#1 Bama
#6 South Carolina

Delusional for thinking they'll go 0-4?  No, not at all.    AL has the best overall D, GA has the best LB/secondary and SC has two monster DE.   Just using Mizzou, because of their spread offense, as a guide for GA/SC, they'll be all over Bray in the 2nd half.   They wear down the OL.   That said, if TN can figure out a way to give Bray some time and not fall behind by double digits early, TN could put up some points, especially against SC's mistake-prone secondary.
9/28/2012 1:40 PM
I don't think they'll go 0-4; I see the Miss St game as a pickem, and think TN is quite a "live underdog" in the SC game. If the Georgia game was only 2 quarters, I'd also consider them as a "live underdog" in it, but I don't think TN hang with them (even on their best day) for a full 4 quarters. I was just curious about what other people thought.

cydrych, I guess we just see USC differently. I think they have very little depth, an average (at best) D, and some bigtime playmakers at WR and a good QB. That's not a "top ten"(ish) team in my book--it's a team that can shine some days, and look like **** other days. When their offense is clicking, they can put up points in a hurry and give anyone trouble. However, when it's not, they just look like a slightly above-average team to me. You're right though, they do have a weak schedule, but I think they're gonna end up in many close games, and doubt they'll pull them all out.
9/28/2012 1:56 PM
They could beat MS.   They aren't beating bama and, if they were in Knoxville for GA/SC, they'd have a chance.   I don't think they win either game away.   Florida got away from them quickly in Knoxville and Florida isn't as good as SC/GA.
9/28/2012 4:08 PM
Posted by cydrych on 9/28/2012 1:37:00 PM (view original):

#5 Georgia
#21 Miss. St.
#1 Bama
#6 South Carolina

That stretch is brutal.  The only home game they play is against the Crimson Tide.  Everything else is away from Knoxville.  I think Tennessee has shown signs of recovering from getting Kiffin'ed.  What they did with Florida for 3 quarters was good football.  But that stretch is going to get away from them I think.  They have 2 weeks to prepare for Mississippi State so if they are going to steal a game, I think it has to be that one.  But I wouldn't be surprised if they put up some serious points on Alabama or South Carolina... enough to win?  I'm not sure I'm delusional enough to think that.
Don't ever look past the Vols taking down Georgia, either. Tennessee this year is a trap game for Georgia if there's ever been a trap game. I think there's a realistic chance of them winning 2 of those games & it would not surprise me if they took down Georgia, rested up & then took down Mississippi State. After that, they probably won't have enough left to take down Alabama or South Carolina.
9/28/2012 7:10 PM
Tough loss for TN. Dooley's had them in a few nailbiters over the years (e.g., the LSU game with the freak ending), but they lose every time.

I dunno what to think about GA. When it was 27-10, they looked as good as any team in the country. By the end, they had turned it over 3X, and their defense had given up almost 500 yards. They have SC/FLA in the next three weeks. They're gonna have to play better than they did today to win those games.

This game + WV/Baylor made for an awesome day of watching football.
9/29/2012 7:52 PM
1. Alabama ~ Still undefeated, still #1..
2. Florida State ~ Handled business well against the Bulls.
3. Kansas State ~ Didn't have to play to move up!
4. West Virginia ~ Better hope the gamer playing as Geno keeps on playing like that.
5. Oregon ~ 2 conference opponents down.. Bring on Washington!
6. Florida ~ They're getting ready to chomp somebody else..
7. Notre Dame ~ How long can they survive inside the Top 10?
8. Oregon State ~ How good is this team, really? Can't wait to find out!
9. Georgia ~ Had a dog fight & proved to be top dawg in it.
10. LSU ~ Better start playing for both halves or they'll be out of the Top 10...
9/30/2012 10:59 PM
1. Alabama ~ They're waiting.. Somebody in the country prove that they aren't the best.
2. Kansas State ~ Look out for this team...
3. Oregon ~ Looking to get another shot at beating a top SEC team in the National Championship.
4. West Virginia ~ The dude won't put down the controller & WVU won't stop scoring!
5. Florida ~ 14 points beats LSU.. We know. I'm still not totally sold that Florida won't slip up soon.
6. Notre Dame ~ The Canes weren't a test for K-State & they weren't a real test for the Fighting Irish, either.
7. Ohio State ~ Tim Tebow. Had to mention him somewhere.. right there seemed appropriate.
8. South Carolina ~ Good job on mopping the floor with Georgia. Lots of teams have been able to beat overrated Georgia squads lately, though.
9. Oregon State ~ They're top 10 until they lose & that probably comes sooner rather than later.
10. Cincinnati ~ Too early for 1 loss teams in the Top 10. Re-evaluation in 2 weeks.
10/7/2012 12:26 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...16 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.