LOL at Mitt. Topic

I kind of enjoy the fight.    You guys didn't say a peep about money when Kerry ran, so that obviously doesn't really matter to you.   And your main argument  seems to be that it's ok for Obama to be such a pathetic loser because the last president was a pathetic loser.     Not exactly a grown-up position.   Lucky for you, you have Joe Biden to add his tremendous experience to the ticket.
9/30/2012 6:31 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 9/30/2012 10:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 9/28/2012 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gregos on 9/28/2012 5:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 9/27/2012 12:08:00 PM (view original):
If you take over at the top of a peak it is hard to make things better.

If you take over at the bottom of a crash it should be easy to make things better.

The physics of the economy want to bring things to the middle.
So is a president who gets the country to the top of the peak not as good as the next president who only makes things a little bit worse?

Each President must be judged on his own record.

If you take over when things are good and you keep them good, or even lose a little you are doing ok.

If you take over at the bottom and you keep things the same and make them a little worse you are not doing ok.

Obama took over at the low point, and made things worse.

He over spent on massive programs that did little. He shut off capital to business. He allowed energy prices to skyrocket.

He doesnt understand how the system works so his solutions are illogical. The left would rather ride a dying horse than let the other guy try to fix the problem!

So by your definition swampy yer saviour W was the worst president of all time.  After all he took over from Clinton who had a budget surplus and the economy was as hot as ever and by the time he was done the country (and world) was in the 2nd worst depression of all time. 

Refute that beeyatch!

Oh, and BTW Obamas job numbers are 2 and change pts better then when he took over.  So how can you say his policies have made the situation worse?

BTW, I am still waiting for your explanation on what created this depression if it werent for de-regulation???  any answer for that too???
1 It is the opposite. If you take over at a low you should be able to make it go up. If you take over on the peak it is hard to keep it going...Yet Bush did. He kept his economy strong and people happy even after the 9/11 attacks and the huricaines. When things should have been slowing down Bush freed up Americans to allow expansion.

2 Job numbers are an artificial stat. They looked over every possible number and since the economy was so stagnant some jobs were being created. So the media started reporting a new stat no one EVER used before. The meida can scream how great Obama's job creation is. If he was really creating jobs well would unemployment be so out of control?

3 The collapse of an artificial real estate bubble caused the crash. You can claim that the government should have controlled real estate more, but that would be a hard sell. You can argue that Clinton's elimination of Glass Stegel was a problem, but that would also be a hard sell. You could argue that the fear of being accused of racial discrimination directed from the left caused banks to issue loans that were questionable, but that would also be a hard sell. It was a natural part of the economy.

You always bury these questions at the bottom of long threads. Unlike Jim I try to respond to everything.
9/30/2012 7:20 PM
I WANT AN OBAMAPHONE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should I have to pay?

I want free too.

PLUSEWISE 250 free taxpayer minutes a month.

PLUSEWISE I get more Obama Minutes if I can druge up another person to sign up for a not so free Obama Phone.

MORE MINUTES!

MORE OBAMAPHONES!

MORE FREE! FREE! FREE!
10/1/2012 8:13 PM
10/3/2012 12:17 PM
Posted by DougOut on 10/1/2012 8:13:00 PM (view original):
I WANT AN OBAMAPHONE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should I have to pay?

I want free too.

PLUSEWISE 250 free taxpayer minutes a month.

PLUSEWISE I get more Obama Minutes if I can druge up another person to sign up for a not so free Obama Phone.

MORE MINUTES!

MORE OBAMAPHONES!

MORE FREE! FREE! FREE!
Why just a phone.

they say that these phones help people get jobs, so that some people will not be outraged by this waste of taxpayer dollars.

So if a phone helps get a job how about...

Car...To Drive to work
Clothes...to wear to work
House...hard to get a job without an address
Food...Have to be fed to work
Utilities...Need light, water and heat to get ready for a job

Wait a minute...If we have all that we dont need a job...

Never Mind!
10/3/2012 6:13 PM
So by your definition swampy yer saviour W was the worst president of all time.  After all he took over from Clinton who had a budget surplus and the economy was as hot as ever and by the time he was done the country (and world) was in the 2nd worst depression of all time.  

Refute that beeyatch!

Oh, and BTW Obamas job numbers are 2 and change pts better then when he took over.  So how can you say his policies have made the situation worse?

BTW, I am still waiting for your explanation on what created this depression if it werent for de-regulation???  any answer for that too???
1 It is the opposite. If you take over at a low you should be able to make it go up. If you take over on the peak it is hard to keep it going...Yet Bush did. He kept his economy strong and people happy even after the 9/11 attacks and the huricaines. When things should have been slowing down Bush freed up Americans to allow expansion. 

2 Job numbers are an artificial stat. They looked over every possible number and since the economy was so stagnant some jobs were being created. So the media started reporting a new stat no one EVER used before. The meida can scream how great Obama's job creation is. If he was really creating jobs well would unemployment be so out of control? 

3 The collapse of an artificial real estate bubble caused the crash. You can claim that the government should have controlled real estate more, but that would be a hard sell. You can argue that Clinton's elimination of Glass Stegel was a problem, but that would also be a hard sell. You could argue that the fear of being accused of racial discrimination directed from the left caused banks to issue loans that were questionable, but that would also be a hard sell. It was a natural part of the economy. 

You always bury these questions at the bottom of long threads. Unlike Jim I try to respond to everything.

1.  He kept it going??? is that what you call it when a president finishes off with the 2nd worst depression of all time?  you might have the most selective memory of all time!  

2. Uh, they have been using the same unemployment stat since before I was even born, and Id guess since before you were born too.  Its called the U6.  We have had this discussion before, Im not having it again.  You have it in your mind that during repub president years they measure unemployment with U1 and in dem years they report only U6.  Your delusional!

3.  Again, its appalling how un-informed you are, I told you a bit about credit default swaps and derivatives.  These are the real reasons why the stock market went belly up and so many companies nearly went bankrupt.  And ofcourse some did.  If you want to live in your fantasy world where mortgages was the only heck even the main reason that 2008 happened, then Im sorry, theres nothing more that I can do for you.

But truly, the most amazing thing you said in your reply is that Bush did a great job... numbers dont lie dude, Bushy screwed up things big time at the end of his 8 years.  Harder then any president of all time.

10/3/2012 6:24 PM
1 He kept it going after 9/11 and the Huricaines. There was a crash at the end of his administration that was cyclical based and not caused by anything his administration did.

2 The media always reported unemployment. The government keeps all sorts of stats. There was only reporting of job creation after the media couldnt cover up Obama's incompetence any longer and needed a new stat.

3 Credit Default swaps and Derivatives did make the crash worse. They were both new creations and had nothing to do wtih Bush.

Bush did a great job and Obama did a horrible job. Numbers dont lie, but Stewart, Colbert and MSNBC do.

10/3/2012 7:37 PM
uh ok... interesting Swampy that you can say that Bush had nothing to do with the huge crash and yet you are saying that its Obamas fault that the US cant pull itself out of the crapper.  Meanwhile the truth is that many corporations have record levels of cash in their bank accounts now, and yet they wont hire.  And when they do hire its pretty much all part time or casual work.  And yet CEOs are still pulling down record year after year salaries and bonuses.  I suppose all these things are Obamas fault eh?  wow, you really are a delusional hack!

they didnt make the crash worse... they were the reason for the crash!  If the only thing that was wrong with the economy was a bunch of mortgages that people shouldnt have had the crash wouldnt have happened at all.  There would have been a bunch of people bankrupt that is all.  But because all these "Too big to fail" financial companies were themselves "mortgaged" up the butt hole with CDSs and other derivative products (that are largely completely unregulated) they couldnt handle it and started crashing.  You really should do some reading before you talk Swamp.  It might just make you look a little smarter.  Knowledge, its a powerful thing...
10/3/2012 8:48 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/3/2012 7:37:00 PM (view original):
1 He kept it going after 9/11 and the Huricaines. There was a crash at the end of his administration that was cyclical based and not caused by anything his administration did.

2 The media always reported unemployment. The government keeps all sorts of stats. There was only reporting of job creation after the media couldnt cover up Obama's incompetence any longer and needed a new stat.

3 Credit Default swaps and Derivatives did make the crash worse. They were both new creations and had nothing to do wtih Bush.

Bush did a great job and Obama did a horrible job. Numbers dont lie, but Stewart, Colbert and MSNBC do.

That's an amazing little world you live in.
10/3/2012 9:47 PM

A little advice for you, swampy: "Its better to be silent and be thought the fool, than say something and remove all doubt."
10/3/2012 9:50 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 10/3/2012 9:50:00 PM (view original):

A little advice for you, swampy: "Its better to be silent and be thought the fool, than say something and remove all doubt."
Better quote...

In Washington if someone says something 3 times it becomes the truth.

You cannot allow a lie to lay there.

Responding to liberal lies is fun for me.

And if the only downside is some arch liberals make fun of me, so be it.
10/3/2012 10:15 PM
◂ Prev 12345
LOL at Mitt. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.