Skyline Conference, Season 61-pres Topic

I certainly think a lot of this is right on.... I will say this, Timmy Moss may fool a few people right away but come conference time I might just stick Hanna on him.  DEF 99 and PER 99 meet.  And St Joseph is gonna be a force for the next 3 years at least.  Get used to seeing my boys running wild on you all. OOOHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHH
11/20/2012 4:33 PM
Skyline Preview, Season 63

This season, conference talent from top to bottom seems to be a little less than last season. That being said, the Skyline's top teams look to be contenders on the national level. Also please note that my opinion is that the East is much closer in talent from top to bottom in the West and that I think any team from 1-5 could win the West, whereas the East is more of a two-horse race.

East

1. SUNY, Maritime

After a few down years for jana standards, this team is back on top of the Skyline. Led by lots of upper-classmen, this team not only should be the favorite for the Skyline, but is certainly one of a handful of teams that look like the cream of the crop in the Smith world. Because of the athleticism, speed, and defense paired with the experience on this team, they should separate themselves from the rest of the competition in the conference with the only real threat being Farmingdale.

2. SUNY, Farmingdale

Much the same as Maritime, this team is stacked with athleticism, speed, and defense. Led by stud seniors Jason Cardone and Kevin Sugalski, this team will be another of the Skyline's nationally threatening teams. Coach cdallstar has got to be excited about the prospects of this squad. This team will separate from the rest of the pack in conference play, and will vie for the Skyline/national title along with Maritime.

3. Manhattanville

Replacing Manhattanville's greatest class of all-time has been a challenge for this team. The athleticism and defense on this team is still one of the stronger combinations in the Skyline, and backcourt mates Robert Malbon and Donald Espino are two very tough players to be reckoned with. However, the two walk-ons have made depth an issue to go along with low offensive contributions by the aforementioned guards.

4. Mt. St. Mary

Coach halfakracka is in a slight rebuild mode after graduating studs Nelson and Prince. This team is strong athletically, and have three solid leaders in Bryant, Gephart and JUCO Ward, which should make this squad very close to making the postseason. Much the same as Manhattanville, the two walk-ons have made depth an issue for this squad, and if this team is going anywhere the senior and junior leaders have got to take on most of the load.

5. Centenary

This team is another decently ahtletic team which may give them a shot at postseason play, but with no real offensive studs they will find it hard to keep up with the rest of the East.

6. Mt. St. Vincent

Speed is a strength for this squad, and led by Michael Watson they should be able to stay in ball games, but rgann will have a tough coaching challenge this year after losing so much talent from the previous season.

West

1. St. Joseph's

This team is on top of the West in athleticism and defense, and also have a load of junior and senior leaders that should be able to lead this squad to the top of that side of the coneference.

2. U.S. Merchant Marines

Coach thebry has done well in recruiting which should make this season a huge turnaround for USMM. This team is one of the more athletic teams in the west, but the lack of a premier offensive player will make it tough for them to compete with St. Joseph's on this side.

3. Yeshiva

Ford, Morris and Linke should lead this team to the top half of the West, but the athleticism/defense may keep them from coming out on top vs #1 and 2.

4. Old Westbury

Outside shooting will make this team tough to defend and should carry them past many of the teams in the West. This team may be up and down in Skyline play as they concentrate on outscoring opponents, not stopping them on the defensive end.

5. Stevens Tech

After some of the most successful seasons in Stevens Tech history, coach branchel has a tough challenge ahead of him with the lack of depth on the squad. Still, stud Lance Bender may allow Tech to surprise some teams in the West.

6. Hilbert

The combination of low athleticism, speed, and defense along with having 4 walkons will make it tough for Hilbert to secure a victory on either side of the conference this season.

Predictions

CPOY: Jason Cardone, Farmingdale
DPOY: Kevin Sugalski, Farmingdale
CCOY: jana
FOTY: William Johnson, USMM
CT Champ: Suny, M

NT Teams: Maritime and Farmingdale
PIT Teams: Centenary, Mt. St. Vincent, Mt. St. Mary, Manhattanville
1/16/2013 1:01 PM
Uhhhhh, how is St Joseph not going to the PIT or NT?  I mean, thats ridiculous.  This whole thing is very Manti Te'o.  I just dont believe it. 
1/17/2013 10:05 AM
sorry xtrme, you'll just have to prove me wrong. your team's definitely got a shot.
1/17/2013 2:27 PM
Oh I will, bdpoor....Oh I will
1/18/2013 8:20 PM
You were wrong about me bdpoor....My team cut this out and posted it on the wall.  Every day they looked at it and it fueled their fire.  So, thanks.
2/13/2013 3:26 PM
Skyline Preview, Season 64

Last season was by and large the most postseason success the Skyline has seen thus far, sending 5 teams to the postseason with 2 going very deep- St. Joseph's led the way in the PI going all the way to the championship, and reliable power SUNY, M going all the way to the final 4 in the NT. To this point the East has usually been a one- or two-horse race, but this season looks to be more wide open as teams in rebuild mode jockey with teams on the upswing. Furthermore the possibility of a changing of the guard at the top of that division which has been owned by SUNYM and Manhattanville over the last few seasons seems imminent. Although the talent on that side of the conference is down, this should make for a very interesting conference race all the way to the end of the season. A changing of the guard seems likely in the West as well, but the race may not be as interesting as the East as many teams are in rebuild mode. The solid recruiting in the West should make for an interesting battle between the powers of both division over the next couple seasons.

East

#1 Centenary

Coach dgravs has done well in his recruiting efforts to make this team a solid overall squad. With as much experience and depth that this team boasts, the expectations are sky-high on campus. Centenary looks to take home the conference championship for the first time in 11 seasons.

#2 Suny, Maritime

It's always tough to not pick jana to win the conference as his success is so well-documented. The difference between this team and #1 is not much, but his young studs may need a year or two before they can really fill in well. However, stud guard James Talavera will lead this team in vying for a conference title,

#3 Mt. St. Mary

The old adage "defense wins championships" is something that coach halfakracka has taken to heart at Mt. St. Vincent. With the most athletic and defensively talented team, this squad will be in the hunt to the very end. Stud JUCO Edward Ward will need to carry this team offensively in order for this team to compete, but the expectation is that they will be up to the challenge.

#4 SUNY, Farmingdale

Overall this team is solid, and should be able to stay in any game against conference foes this season. This team will be able to hang around with the upper echelon of the West, but offensive efficiency may be a question for coach cdallstar.

#5 Manhattanville

After stringing together several NT berths with moderate success, coach bdpoor has a team in rebuild mode. Decent athletic ability will keep this team in contention, but lack of an offensive stud and experience will make it tough for them to hang with the top teams in the East.

#6 Mt. St. Vincent

Coach rgann  has done a phenomenal job coaching up his squad since he took over a couple seasons ago; this year, Vincent is on the rebuild, but with solid recruiting this team should be back in contention in the East.

West

#1 US Merchant Marines

USMM has gotten much stronger year-over-year with thebry's dedication to solid recruiting. This team has the best athletes and defenders in the West paired with dedicated senior leaders. It looks like this team could take home the conference title for the first time in 8 seasons.

#2 St. Joseph's

After a run to the championship game of the PI, coach xtrme98 has reloaded with strong, young talent. Although USMM looks like the favorite as of now, it's tough to count out St. Joseph's as they have worn the conference crown 3 out of the last 5 seasons.

#3 Yeshiva

juststinger has the edge over #4 for one reason: stud big John Carpenter, who may be the best low-post scorer in the Skyline this year. Lack of experience may hold this team back from competing at the highest level, but they should be able to hang with anyone in the West this year.

#4 Stevens Tech

After two straight trips to the national tournament, Stevens wasn't able to make it to the postseason last year, due in large part to some tough battles that coach branchel was not able to come out victorious. This team is young, but looks to be on the upswing as they signed 9 new players this year. Look for them to be back atop the West next season with some experience under their belts.

#5 Old Westbury

Coach ben919 will have a tough year ahead of him with this team, but they should be able to get a few wins against the West this season.

#6 Hilbert

The lack of athleticism and taking two walk-ons will once again make it tough for Hilbert to notch a victory this year.

Predictions

CPOY: Edward Ward, Mt. St. Mary
DPOY: William Williams, Manhattanville
CCOY: dgravs
FOTY: Donald Christener, Maritime
CT Champ: Mt. St. Mary

NT Teams: Centenary, Maritime, Mt. St. Mary
PIT Teams: USMM
2/26/2013 7:28 PM
Wow Farmingdale post season snuff
2/26/2013 7:39 PM
Nicely Done!  Again, Im posting this on the board....Fuel the fire that is my post season
2/26/2013 8:45 PM
Lol xtreme didnt complain about me being the pre season conference tournament champ!!!
2/27/2013 12:08 AM
Edward Ward....Double team ALL GAME.  Game plan vs Mt St Mary. 

2/27/2013 12:32 AM
Lol how do you stop Flynn?
2/27/2013 12:36 AM
I'm pretty sure that I would take Hilbert's roster over Mount Saint Mary's... Definitely the coach.
2/28/2013 12:06 PM
Lol haha does yeshiva even have a team????
3/7/2013 4:38 PM
◂ Prev 12
Skyline Conference, Season 61-pres Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.