Update Status - 10/1 Topic

Posted by tcochran on 10/2/2012 10:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cydrych on 10/2/2012 9:57:00 PM (view original):
So when he doesn't communicate with us, he's done run off with our money cackling into the night.  But when he does communicate with us, he's just fishing for compliments?
It's not a commentary on his behavior, but on how expectations (or complete lack thereof) of customers is what allows WIS to consider GD an afterthought in terms of resources.

It's a positive thing that there is an actual developer working part-time on the game (as badaxe said) and it's a positive thing there's communication.  I just don't understand how the replies in this thread can be celebrating a couple of paragraphs as if we finally have a great finished product.  You guys do know that this will not be released for at least 6 months, right?

Personally, I think you are using the wrong comparison.  If it was 'a pile of ****', you never would have paid anything to begin with.  You most likely have to copare it to the iphone4 or something.  And is the product getting any better with the iphone 5?  Because many people will buy this product regardless of upgrades.  But to get the maximum upgrades, you will need a much better product.
10/3/2012 1:07 AM
Lets look at it this way.  Norbert is NOT all of WIS.  He is our representative into the greater WIS organization.

Therefore, we should tell him when we like his efforts and when we dont.  

Since, we do NOT have any other direct link into WIS, I for one, prefer to keep our representative on OUR side...working for us....and reminding WIS that we are a priority and worthy of his efforts.  

The only other option that I see is to stop funding GD (meaning we stop paying/playing).  If we do that, then the game goes away and we all lose.  How is that better?
10/3/2012 8:57 AM
You can do it norbert!
10/3/2012 9:41 AM
Posted by potter444 on 10/2/2012 11:49:00 PM (view original):
So when he doesn't communicate with us, he's done run off with our money cackling into the night.  But when he does communicate with us, he's just fishing for compliments?
Cyd, c'mon, neither A or B.  It's the business and the customer response that's ridiculous.

WIS, the business, hyped 2.0, and rolled it out to paying customers, seemingly, without Beta testing.  Maybe they did but it sure doesn't seem like it was appropriately tested.  By most accounts, 2.0 was a train wreck.  One with a defectively built train carrying lots of paying customers.  Sorry about the damage folks but those tickets---non-refundable. 

In the 1 or 2 years (?) since 2.0, we've learned little gems like---oh, formation (?) practice, not turned on.  The draft thing, busted, we're shutting it down.  I'm sure if I spent the time to look, there may or may not be other similar representations about the game.  I would love to see Conte's post I recall summarizing the anatomy of a play or something like that.  If there were someone with the time and talent, I would be curious whether or not any business practices/representations ran afoul of any consumer protection laws.  

And then the "fix."  It's a bird, it's a plane, it's 3.0.  Arriving in August.sometime in the future.  WIS:  So stay in those train seats folks, the mechanic is working as we speak.  And hold those spots.  Yes, you in the back, the seats do cost the same.  Yes, the reward miles are less.  Yes, we're not moving forward.  And, yes, we're still screeching along in the same busted train.  But we're going build a new one, I promise.  Until then keep paying us money, god bless and good night.  And then the round of atta' boys and thunderous applause from the customers. 

That, in a nutshell, is the truly amazing part.  Quite frankly, I am a little embarrased that I still have teams.  I just keep a sliver of grace by not saying, "thank you, thank you, thank you" while being on the receiving end of a tea bag.  Just saying.   

Until tcochran posted and turned this thread into another bash-WIS thread, all but 2 or 3 of the posts were along the lines of "thanks for the info" -- not "thanks for doing your job".  I think "thanks for the info" is very appropriate but I can see where the "thanks for doing your job" messages would be grating to those of us who have been waiting so long.

I get the history of it all.  I have been here the whole time, same as you.  I didn't like the first engine but at least I understood it.  I don't like the second engine and have no clue how to game plan.  I have hopes for the third engine but will not continue as a paying customer if it isn't vastly better than the last two.  I am right there with you, man!

I think mistakes were made, software quality procedures were lacking, resources were scarce, and timelines get pushed back.  But I don't think WIS is out to get us. And these guys (you included) who keep turning threads into cynical attacks are being tiresome, largely unfair, and certainly unhelpful.  I think we do need to hold WIS to a higher standard than what they have given us to date, but I think we can do it with a little more grace and tact.
10/3/2012 9:47 AM
Posted by tcochran on 10/2/2012 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by teamville on 10/2/2012 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tcochran on 10/2/2012 7:11:00 PM (view original):
You guys realize you pay this site to play this game right?

From the way this thread sounds it's almost like he's doing us a favor by actually doing his job.

Is there something wrong with telling a guy good job?
No, but if your business sold a pile of **** to customers and the customers were like, "oh wow really enjoyed the texture of my **** this time!" or "GREAT smell on that deuce!" then why would the business ever sell anything of value?

Did anyone in this thread say anything good about the current engine? I don't think that's the argument here. Why bring that up? This thread is about the communication and status of of the upgrade.

Is anyone here paying for an upgrade or are we paying to play the current engine? I'm paying to play the current game. My suggestion to you would be stop paying for the current game and wait for the upgrade. That message to WIS would be ALOT stronger then the comments on the thread about other users posts. If you do not enjoy playing the current engine but you have 3 teams and continue to play, you are way more of a fool then the users thanking Norbert for the communication.

I appreciate that Norbert is working on improving the game and appreciate the communication he is giving. And no, I don't expect him to be done anytime soon. I would rather wait and get a better product instead of another mediocre one.
10/3/2012 10:15 AM (edited)
Posted by teamville on 10/3/2012 10:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tcochran on 10/2/2012 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by teamville on 10/2/2012 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tcochran on 10/2/2012 7:11:00 PM (view original):
You guys realize you pay this site to play this game right?

From the way this thread sounds it's almost like he's doing us a favor by actually doing his job.

Is there something wrong with telling a guy good job?
No, but if your business sold a pile of **** to customers and the customers were like, "oh wow really enjoyed the texture of my **** this time!" or "GREAT smell on that deuce!" then why would the business ever sell anything of value?

Did anyone in this thread say anything good about the current engine? I don't think that's the argument here. Why bring that up? This thread is about the communication and status of of the upgrade.

Is anyone here paying for an upgrade or are we paying to play the current engine? I'm paying to play the current game. My suggestion to you would be stop paying for the current game and wait for the upgrade. That message to WIS would be ALOT stronger then the comments on the thread about other users posts. If you do not enjoy playing the current engine but you have 3 teams and continue to play, you are way more of a fool then the users thanking Norbert for the communication.

I appreciate that Norbert is working on improving the game and appreciate the communication he is giving. And no, I don't expect him to be done anytime soon. I would rather wait and get a better product instead of another mediocre one.
The first mistake you made is assuming I have paid.  I used reward points to see if anything had changed.

In its current state, WIS should not charge anyone to play this game.

10/3/2012 8:09 PM
We all know "when you assume......you're just a biitch"!!  LOL

(courtesy of 2 1/2 Men and Jenny McCarthy)
10/3/2012 10:08 PM
Posted by llad_lu76 on 10/3/2012 12:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by potter444 on 10/2/2012 11:49:00 PM (view original):
Cyd, c'mon, neither A or B.  It's the business and the customer response that's ridiculous.

WIS, the business, hyped 2.0, and rolled it out to paying customers, seemingly, without Beta testing.  Maybe they did but it sure doesn't seem like it was appropriately tested.  By most accounts, 2.0 was a train wreck.  One with a defectively built train carrying lots of paying customers.  Sorry about the damage folks but those tickets---non-refundable. 

In the 1 or 2 years (?) since 2.0, we've learned little gems like---oh, formation (?) practice, not turned on.  The draft thing, busted, we're shutting it down.  I'm sure if I spent the time to look, there may or may not be other similar representations about the game.  I would love to see Conte's post I recall summarizing the anatomy of a play or something like that.  If there were someone with the time and talent, I would be curious whether or not any business practices/representations ran afoul of any consumer protection laws.  

And then the "fix."  It's a bird, it's a plane, it's 3.0.  Arriving in August.sometime in the future.  WIS:  So stay in those train seats folks, the mechanic is working as we speak.  And hold those spots.  Yes, you in the back, the seats do cost the same.  Yes, the reward miles are less.  Yes, we're not moving forward.  And, yes, we're still screeching along in the same busted train.  But we're going build a new one, I promise.  Until then keep paying us money, god bless and good night.  And then the round of atta' boys and thunderous applause from the customers. 

That, in a nutshell, is the truly amazing part.  Quite frankly, I am a little embarrased that I still have teams.  I just keep a sliver of grace by not saying, "thank you, thank you, thank you" while being on the receiving end of a tea bag.  Just saying.   

A very concise history of GD 2.0, and the WIS response--completely agree.

...and it is exactly why we need to be so appreciative of Norbert's efforts.  Doubtless, he is the game's savoir, and by the shining light of his sacrifice, all of our coaching careers will be born again!  Hallelujah!!!  Thank you, Norbert, my personal pretend-computer-football Jesus!  I feel better already....blinded by irrational hope, and I'm sure that is what all of this is really about.
Why do you feel the need to attack a faith system that means nothing to you?

Faith means nothing to you. Fine. Walk away and get on with life. leave your bitterness at the door
10/4/2012 1:21 PM

From my admittedly limited perspective on the game, those of you who have deep seeded resentment about the way you perceive WIS has treated you and this game as paying customers may create a binary solution set to this problem.  Choice A:  Keep a small amount (meaning 1) team and wait for the improved engine to appear (incrementally or in a full new version), and try to be patient with the process.  Or Choice B:  Stop playing the game altogether due to your disappointment.  This will have the following effect:  1.  WIS no longer has a revenue stream coming from GD, therefore there is less money to pay for a developer, and less incentive to improve a product no one uses.  2.  If any of you are self employed you must understand where WIS is as a company that provides a fictional playground in exchange for real money.  No income, no spending on the product, no developement, no longer a game.

Less people have disposable cash.  I for one lost a job, (and the email address for my old account), and had to take a year away from this site until I had another job and the (admittedly small amount of) discretionary income to play again.  Even though both my spouse and I work full time, it is still too expensive to buy 10 packs of seasons, and if my company hadn't had a discount code for the first season I wouldn't have been able to front the 10 bucks.  The fact that in this economic climate where companies put resources into profit streams, it’s nice to see that GD is being addressed. 

Just wanted to point that out.  No one wants a bad experience, but you have only two choices and the second will end the game for good.

10/12/2012 12:22 PM
1.  You can not buy 10-packs any more.
2.  If they provide a product worth playing, people will pay for it.  They are owned by FOX now, the money doesn't have to be there first.
3.  This thread was dead for over a week.  Let it go. 
10/12/2012 12:40 PM
          Hey , this is one of the more interesting threads in this forum(and that aint saying much).
              With that in mind I'm gonna try and shake things up a bit.
                        Who else like me believes Norbert is really just a pseudonym for a programmer that works for the Chinese Government ? 
 They are trying to make us crazy and angry at each other in an attempt to take over the country.
                             I believe they are in league with the Girl Scouts who are planning a massive Spam Attack to get us to buy their cookies filled with partially hydroginated(lethal fat) fat and so making a physical attack on the country .
              There is documented evidence for this . Just check this web site:

http://like.allmyfaves.com/like/site/name/mad.blog.dccomics.com

10/12/2012 2:40 PM
mojo I think, based upon your conspiracy theory, that you drank one to many of the new red bull drinks. 
10/12/2012 5:23 PM
The Girl Scouts are going to sell Spam?

Spam, spam, spam, spam . . . wonderful spam!

"we've got 'spam, spam, eggs and spam; spam and 
                                                                                                                                 eggs, eggs with spam, spam with spam  . . ."
10/12/2012 7:02 PM (edited)
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/12/2012 7:02:00 PM (view original):
The Girl Scouts are going to sell Spam?

Spam, spam, spam, spam . . . wonderful spam!

"we've got 'spam, spam, eggs and spam; spam and 
                                                                                                                                 eggs, eggs with spam, spam with spam  . . ."
bloody vikings
10/13/2012 12:13 AM
Check the website out then I hope you understand when I say my real name is Alfred E. Newman !-

http://like.allmyfaves.com/like/site/name/mad.blog.dccomics.com
10/13/2012 8:10 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Update Status - 10/1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.