Does "character" matter? Topic

My AD sends me congrats on signing players, but some of them have extra lines like "fine upstanding individual in the community", "young men like him are always a welcome addition to our student athlete population" and "young man is going to make an impact both on and off the field".  
So, does this do my team any good?

10/3/2012 1:08 PM
Not any more.  It used to be that players could get in trouble and you could actually suspend them or even kick them off the team.  That stuff was taken out but the character indicators were not.
10/3/2012 1:48 PM
As a follow up:  where's the best areas to recruit criminals and juvenile delinquents for D2?
10/3/2012 2:07 PM
it used to be awesome if a player screwed up,  it gave u the option of kicking them off your team mid season. 

I wish thye would turn discipline back on,  it didnt serve a purpose but it was one of those little fun things to do that attemoted to reflect real life
10/3/2012 2:19 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 10/3/2012 2:19:00 PM (view original):
it used to be awesome if a player screwed up,  it gave u the option of kicking them off your team mid season. 

I wish thye would turn discipline back on,  it didnt serve a purpose but it was one of those little fun things to do that attemoted to reflect real life

10/3/2012 3:03 PM
Posted by hcccarlson on 10/3/2012 2:07:00 PM (view original):
As a follow up:  where's the best areas to recruit criminals and juvenile delinquents for D2?
gainesville, fl
knoxville, tn
athens, ga
baton rouge, la

There's plenty of guys floating around those cities looking for some place to play after getting kicked of the D1 teams.

10/3/2012 3:36 PM
Of course Columbus, OH is a well known cesspool of collegiate hijinks.  Strong chance you'll find the talent you need there to feed your D2 powerhouse.
10/3/2012 3:45 PM
LAmes, Iowa has pretty good arrest rate.  I think they finishded 2nd or 3rd in the Fulmer Cup standing a year back.   Thier criminals are really weird though,  the dress up like a clown and try to steal hamburgers from the local fast food chains like wendys, hardees and burger king.  For some reason they never hit the other big one :-)
10/3/2012 4:01 PM
Posted by cydrych on 10/3/2012 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Of course Columbus, OH is a well known cesspool of collegiate hijinks.  Strong chance you'll find the talent you need there to feed your D2 powerhouse.
I think they send them back to Cleveland or whatever town in Florida they were recruited from.
10/3/2012 4:53 PM
Don't recruit Utah. Mormons never get in trouble.
10/3/2012 4:57 PM
Just wait until you get the meassage "he's had a troubled past" - then you know you have an all-American on the team!
10/3/2012 8:39 PM
 Now Jake,@ years ago a BYU player was suspended for the NCAA 
tournament for have sex out of wedlock.
Little Pagan bastard.
10/3/2012 9:11 PM
Posted by buckeye_jg on 10/3/2012 3:36:00 PM (view original):
gainesville, fl
knoxville, tn
athens, ga
baton rouge, la

There's plenty of guys floating around those cities looking for some place to play after getting kicked of the D1 teams.

ill have you know that Rocky Top has been free of any major felony convictions for almost 2 months now...
clean as a whitsle...
10/3/2012 10:33 PM
Auburn!!

If your a drunk, pot head, or just looking for some skanky trailer park whores just sign with Auburn and Chizik will get them all for you.
10/3/2012 11:04 PM

Sorry you said D2

10/3/2012 11:04 PM
12 Next ▸
Does "character" matter? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.