The Debate... Topic

Posted by jiml60 on 10/17/2012 10:46:00 PM (view original):
It doesn't surprise me that you can't see how calling a state and the whole election before a close race is totally counted is as negligent as calling a state before the polls are closed.

The networks called it at 10 minutes before the polls closed, was there going to be a rush of Republicans to the voting booths at that time?  And anyone stupid enough to not bother voting because of what they heard on TV shouldn't be voting anyway...you must have a lot of relatives in Florida.

What difference does calling the election before it is counted matter. It is embarresing to the network to be wrong, but it doesnt change the elction.

Calling a state before it is done voting is a much more serions issue.

It is possible that people in a long line would just bail after the state was called. And since the state was decided by a small handful it could matter.
10/18/2012 2:18 AM
I too have a philosophical problem with calling a race in a state before the polls close. I want to maintain the illusion of my vote counting. But as for people leaving a line and NOT voting...well, they must not care very much about the local issues and probably should not be voting if they are that apathetic.
10/18/2012 4:44 AM
We show case and case of bias, but it all never matters to your side.
10/18/2012 5:02 AM
It doesn't surprise me that you can't see how calling a state and the whole election before a close race is totally counted is as negligent as calling a state before the polls are closed.

The networks called it at 10 minutes before the polls closed, was there going to be a rush of Republicans to the voting booths at that time?  And anyone stupid enough to not bother voting because of what they heard on TV shouldn't be voting anyway...you must have a lot of relatives in Florida.

Every single network calls states before all the votes are counted.  So you are complaining about a ******* constant.  And ******** about Fox doing it only, which is rich.

And and isn't the same, and you claiming it is, is ******* pathetic.

So calling a state 11 minutes before the polls close doesn't influence anything?  Because all you have to be is in line at the time the polls officially close.  They don't make you get out of line.  So, yes, it is a big ******* deal, again, YOU DUMB ******* *****.

10/18/2012 9:48 AM
Posted by DougOut on 10/17/2012 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Thank God this election is over. History will record it as a landslide for Romney. 

Once again the DemoNazis and the jackboots and the commies and the Islamofacists and the redneck democrats and the two faced whores of life who are only too willing to drag down to Davey Jones locker the rest of us, cling to our limbs and fight their own rescue in an insane panic that can only extinct, have once again overstepped their bounds.  (That's not possible by the way. At that point we would all already be dead.)

Even in this dumbed down America where schools spit out **** and Unions enable them and Media is the lie that was spawned from that zest pool of lies and all the zombies repeat the mantra.......The people have overcome. 

Somehow we will survive one more time. The Republic will stand up under the legs of the people and another generation can see the miracle of America. And how long it lasts or how successful it is depends on us.

This election is over. It was over a year ago. It was over before it started. It is and has been a landslide.

Never doubt me again. 

Jesus you're a ******* whack job.
10/18/2012 10:10 AM
Why do you think Jesus is a whack job?
10/18/2012 10:28 AM
Posted by jclarkbaker on 10/18/2012 9:48:00 AM (view original):

Every single network calls states before all the votes are counted.  So you are complaining about a ******* constant.  And ******** about Fox doing it only, which is rich.

So calling a state 11 minutes before the polls close doesn't influence anything?  Because all you have to be is in line at the time the polls officially close.  They don't make you get out of line.  So, yes, it is a big ******* deal, again, YOU DUMB ******* *****.

Why don't you think things through before exposing us to your garbage.  Again we can go back to exit polls, which are pretty accurate.  How many times in the past have you seen a network call a state before the polls were closed and have to reverse their announcement?  Very rare, yet they did that with Florida in 2000, because it was looking to be headed for a full recount.  Then Bush's cousin calls it for Dubya when it was obviously going to be a recount especially with heavy Democrat precincts still out.  You don't think that had an effect on public opinion, media commentators, etc.?  Because the outrage from the Republicans was nasty the few days after.  That was a big part of the mess of Florida recount saga.

If you think the networks are influencing voters by calling a state 10 minutes before closing time (and I can't make this point more clearer to a bonehead like you) is bigger than what FOX did in 2000, you're pretty damn stupid.

Go ahead and reply with more name calling - that's probably the only joy in your pathetic little life.  I can keep posting about this for as long as you want, it really gives me a laugh to see you get so hot and bothered by it.  You, Dougie, Swamp are insecure about the fact that smart people don't buy the Supreme Court stepping in over their bounds and giving Bush the White House - because he didn't win it by the will of the people.
10/18/2012 10:35 AM
10/18/2012 10:36 AM
I'm just happy to know the election is over and President Romney will heal our nation and revive the Republic. Happy days are here again!
10/18/2012 12:15 PM

No chance in the world for Romney.. He's gonna have to move back to Mexico with all of his wives..

10/18/2012 4:39 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 10/18/2012 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jclarkbaker on 10/18/2012 9:48:00 AM (view original):

Why don't you think things through before exposing us to your garbage.  Again we can go back to exit polls, which are pretty accurate.  How many times in the past have you seen a network call a state before the polls were closed and have to reverse their announcement?  Very rare, yet they did that with Florida in 2000, because it was looking to be headed for a full recount.  Then Bush's cousin calls it for Dubya when it was obviously going to be a recount especially with heavy Democrat precincts still out.  You don't think that had an effect on public opinion, media commentators, etc.?  Because the outrage from the Republicans was nasty the few days after.  That was a big part of the mess of Florida recount saga.

If you think the networks are influencing voters by calling a state 10 minutes before closing time (and I can't make this point more clearer to a bonehead like you) is bigger than what FOX did in 2000, you're pretty damn stupid.

Go ahead and reply with more name calling - that's probably the only joy in your pathetic little life.  I can keep posting about this for as long as you want, it really gives me a laugh to see you get so hot and bothered by it.  You, Dougie, Swamp are insecure about the fact that smart people don't buy the Supreme Court stepping in over their bounds and giving Bush the White House - because he didn't win it by the will of the people.
How can you continue to insist that calling a state for someone after the vote is finished is wrose that calling the state while the vote is actually being counted.

10/18/2012 8:08 PM
I'm just glad this election is over and America now knows Obama is responsible for the murder of our ambassador. 

We have a cell in GITMO waiting for Obama.

The sooner we water board him, the better.

10/19/2012 5:09 PM

Mitt Romney’s easy five-step approach to foreign policy:

Step 1: Get the facts wrong.
Step 2: Undermine long-standing relationships with your allies.
Step 3: Frequently highlight your lack of experience.
Step 4: Assemble a team of ideologues committed to endless war.
Step 5: Mistake your enemies.

10/20/2012 5:10 PM
Who called this election a landslide for Romney over a year ago?

I DID!  

HA HA!

10/20/2012 5:54 PM
wow dougie you're really ******* annoying.

first off, thinking Romney is the better of two evils is one thing...thinking he's the damn messiah is just ******* absurd!  Do you actually listen to the things he says or do you have your face to far up his *** to hear him?  
10/21/2012 3:39 AM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19 Next ▸
The Debate... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.