@MLB PLAYOFF THREAD@ Topic

Yankees fans would get killed for that? If that was Yankee Stadium, someone would have found a way to get on the field and attack that guy. Lucky he made the worst playoff call in at least 27 years in a town like Atlanta, that cares about their sports teams, oh, once every year or so. As a Braves fan, I'm of course unholy ******. Yeah, we made a ton of errors and basically gift-wrapped St. Louis' second straight NLDS berth. But you can't take outs away from a team in the playoffs. If it's bases-load with one out and McCann walks, it's now 6-4. But if it's bases loaded, Motte (or Boggs, who might have still been in there) isn't going to nibble and waste pitch after pitch to McCann. He gets something to hit. Maybe he fouls it off, maybe he drills it over the wall and we're up 7-6. Either way, we'll never know.
10/5/2012 10:34 PM
Yeah, umps get attacked all the time in NY.    Link your source, please.   Hell, just link a source where fans threw **** on the field in NY for 10 minutes.  Thanks in advance.
10/5/2012 10:38 PM
Chipper will never forget his last game.

Stay classy Atlanta.

Nothing better than a Georgia Peach, I love those girls southern drawl.
10/5/2012 10:52 PM
Posted by inkdskn on 10/5/2012 10:00:00 PM (view original):
MLB has already denied the Braves' protest. Shocking.

What a ******* joke.Terrible way for ATL to end the year.
It was a horrible call, but let's be honest - it's not like it was a 1-run game. 3 errors for the Braves and countless missed opportunities cost them this game. Which is why this call won't become overly infamous. Everyone outside Atlanta knows that, while it was a brutal call, it didn't cost them the game.
10/6/2012 12:04 AM
O'S VS. SKANKS             O'S IN 5
TIGERS VS. A'S               TIGERS IN 3

GIANTS VS. REDS          REDS IN 5
CARDS VS. NATS           NATS IN 4
10/6/2012 5:23 AM
Anyone else surprised LeCure got the win for the Reds on Sunday? I realize he was the first reliever in and didn't give up a run, but I don't think many would argue that Latos was the most effective reliever
10/8/2012 6:37 PM
ALL MY WINNERS STILL ALIVE,BUT NATS+ O'S NEED 2 WIN 2 IN A ROW

GIANTS,A'S HAVE MO

COULD GO 0-4,LOL
10/11/2012 5:47 AM
CLOSED FER RETAHD REPARES!!!!!
10/11/2012 8:14 AM
First time all 4 Division Series have gone 5 games
10/12/2012 12:09 AM
Smoltz dead on.
10/12/2012 6:20 PM
SB cost 'em.   Good job, Buck.   Ignore more baserunners.
10/12/2012 6:24 PM
figured his calf would give out half way to second....
10/12/2012 6:26 PM
Who did this scheduling? I know the added WC game altered things, but why wouldn't they have both AL Game 5's yesterday if the ALCS starts tomorrow? Two teams who both played Game 5's get different amounts of rest? Makes zero sense.
10/12/2012 8:12 PM
FOX TAKES OVER NLCS
10/12/2012 8:13 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/12/2012 8:12:00 PM (view original):
Who did this scheduling? I know the added WC game altered things, but why wouldn't they have both AL Game 5's yesterday if the ALCS starts tomorrow? Two teams who both played Game 5's get different amounts of rest? Makes zero sense.
I believe they were stuck with the LCS start dates due to TV commitments since this was put in after the schedule was created - which is why you had the 2-3 format for the LDS to begin with.  I guess they decided that the travel day for the wild card game winners was more important and were hoping they wouldn't end up running into this scenario.   You're going to have the same situation in the NL, except that everyone will at least get the one day.
10/12/2012 8:37 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
@MLB PLAYOFF THREAD@ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.