Los Angeles Lakers Disaster 12-13 - mercy killing Topic

Posted by badja on 11/12/2012 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Stephen A. talking about trading Pau for a shooter, which makes sense.  He has disappeared again this season and the Lakers could use a lot more outside game.
how has he disappeared? he's averaging a double double and 3 apg - sure he's not getting the touches because of the new pieces but Im not blaming him for that

I do however agree that he may be the odd man out - he's being forced to play out of position and still has high value as an assett plus he's a big chunk of expiring after next season

but with what he's making you've got to figure they'd get multiple players back in any scenario 
11/13/2012 9:07 AM
I guess I was looking at his terrible shooting in some games thus far.   Early on I know but 6/16 and 6/18 is awful for a big.

At least D'Antoni will allow Nash to be himself.  My concern is DAntoni himself.  How bad is this guy's knee?
11/13/2012 11:04 AM
I think with his shooting you have two factors, sample size and once again playing out of position/being forced farther away from the basket and his comfort zone
11/13/2012 12:09 PM
Posted by felonius on 11/11/2012 2:45:00 PM (view original):
my boys didnt pay Jeff Green 36m for 4 years
Looks like Green is more comfortable.  What a dunk last night.

11/15/2012 11:22 AM
so that's one play for 8m+ this season? congratulations, money well spent - Im sure you're very happy that you won the non-bidding war that took place for a player who hadnt played for a season and a half
11/15/2012 12:56 PM
I can't stand Boston's off season.  I think it was on the whole a horrible waste of cap space for a team that has almost no chance of winning a title.
11/15/2012 1:39 PM
yeah I didnt get the Green thing at all but then again I didnt like the Perkins/Green trade in the first place - I was on the fence with the bass signing too but 6m is pretty fair market value I guess
11/15/2012 1:51 PM
Posted by felonius on 11/15/2012 1:51:00 PM (view original):
yeah I didnt get the Green thing at all but then again I didnt like the Perkins/Green trade in the first place - I was on the fence with the bass signing too but 6m is pretty fair market value I guess
Honestly, I didn't like the years to KG, the dollars or years for Green, Bass, Lee, and Terry.  I was totally disappointed in the off season aside from landing Sullinger in the draft (I would have preferred PJ3 instead of Melo, but Melo does have a lot of potential so even that wasn't too bad). 
11/15/2012 2:49 PM
seems like either Danny thinks they do have one last outside chance or he's doing the full Joe Dumars
11/15/2012 3:52 PM (edited)

(Bickerstaff 4-1)
11/19/2012 8:01 AM
Lakers are seemingly going to push hard for Josh Smith.  Probably have to give up Gasol to get him, but Smith is buddies with Howard and would definitely drop the age of the Lakers and expand their window a bit (though may be a slight downgrade this year).  Should be interesting to see if the teams work something out.
11/19/2012 8:57 AM
Posted by moranis on 11/19/2012 8:57:00 AM (view original):
Lakers are seemingly going to push hard for Josh Smith.  Probably have to give up Gasol to get him, but Smith is buddies with Howard and would definitely drop the age of the Lakers and expand their window a bit (though may be a slight downgrade this year).  Should be interesting to see if the teams work something out.
This Lakers' fan wants no part of Josh Smith.  If people are criticising Gasol for poor shooting, what will they do to Smith?  Gasol is a much better shooter - and passer - and rebounder, plus he can B/U Dwight.  The deal makes zero sense for LA, from an on-the-court perspective, although it would make Dwight happy.
11/19/2012 9:01 AM
Smith sucks.  Good luck with that.
11/19/2012 10:35 AM
it would have to be Smith AND x to make the money work - so what if it were Smith and Williams?
11/20/2012 9:21 AM
Posted by felonius on 11/20/2012 9:21:00 AM (view original):
it would have to be Smith AND x to make the money work - so what if it were Smith and Williams?
I believe Smith has a trade kicker and thus I think they could just swap Smith for Gasol without any other salary.
11/20/2012 9:55 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
Los Angeles Lakers Disaster 12-13 - mercy killing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.