OT: Quitting Chewing Tobacco??? Topic

51 Days ago I decided that after 21 years of using Chewing Tobacco, I had to quit!  I had tried quitting a many of times before with no success.  This site made me quit the first time.  It is that powerful.  It was so valuable that I figured I had to share it with this fine community. 

Killthecan.org

10/6/2012 4:27 AM
I normally wouldn't recommend touching any of Arfy's links everyone but this one is quite safe. If there is hope for Arfy it may help someone else too.

31 years ago I decided to quit chewing tobacco. This was one day after I started. I was 13 at the time. I decided to quit after I turned every color of the rainbow. Next to a bout of the chicken pox this was the sickest 3-4 hours of my youth.

Smoking on the other hand was my thing. This last month I had the pleasure of celebrating my 10 year anniversary of quitting. I spent 15 years of being a smoker. I would not have quit smoking w/o the help of the good Lord up above.
10/6/2012 9:13 AM
You can bet I didn't touch that link the first 4 times I came to the thread.

However, glad to hear it, Arfdog. Congrats!
10/6/2012 9:17 AM
Congrats Arfy... hang with it man!
10/6/2012 12:11 PM
I concur Arfy my friend. Keep on keeping on  Congrats all the way!
10/6/2012 12:30 PM
I'm 14 years smokefree. Congrats to you Arfy. That's great news.
10/6/2012 12:34 PM
Congrats.  I've been Heroin free for six hours.
10/6/2012 12:48 PM
Quitting smokeless tobacco is tough sledding.  Congrats Arfy!
10/6/2012 1:41 PM
I wasn't  really looking for a pat on the back,  but thanks anyways guys.  It's been a tough road!

I just wanted to share this link for anyone else that is thinking about quitting.
10/6/2012 2:01 PM
Posted by caesari on 10/6/2012 9:17:00 AM (view original):
You can bet I didn't touch that link the first 4 times I came to the thread.

However, glad to hear it, Arfdog. Congrats!
ha ha!
10/6/2012 2:02 PM
To jibe-

Congrats on the 10 year anniversary. I've been smoking for about 15 years, and I can't kick it. How did you do it bro?
10/6/2012 2:20 PM
Posted by ffbplayergod on 10/6/2012 2:20:00 PM (view original):
To jibe-

Congrats on the 10 year anniversary. I've been smoking for about 15 years, and I can't kick it. How did you do it bro?
I smoked my last cig on Sept 2nd and havent had the urge to pick one up since. I started using chantix and it works well you should check it out. It has some crazy side effects though but you may experience some and you may not experience any at all. I haven't had any to my knowledge and I've been taking it for over a month.
10/6/2012 2:58 PM
    Believe me I have plenty of bad habits. But when I tried chewing tobacco it was one of the "Nastiest" tastes I have ever tried.
             And when I accidentally swallowed some of the juice I thought I was gonna die ! I gave it up many years ago  after trying it only once.
                    Now if I could only break my cigar habit.  I  keep saying to myself "I'm smart enough to know better and stupid enough to keep smoking"  :( .

10/7/2012 4:21 PM
Once I understood how nicotine works, it made it much easier for myself.  Most people don't even realize that they don't like to smoke or chew.  They are feeding their addiction. 
One of the reasons that I hung on to dipping so long is that I once thought it provided pleasure or happiness. An addict’s logic can rationalize most anything. Think of it this way: Suppose that every day I undergo a physical beating with a whip which causes intense pain and suffering. However, once every week the beatings are mercifully taken away, and on that day I sit back to soak in the “pleasure” of not being hit. What I’ve done is confused the absence of pain with pleasure. The beatings have conditioned me to equate pleasure with the absence of the abuse. Nicotine addiction does just that. It creates a pain (the craving) that is “removed” when more of the drug is fed into our bodies. It conditions us to think that the absence of the craving equals satisfaction, substituting addiction for pleasure.
10/8/2012 6:32 PM
Arfy, I am sitting here smoking a cigar while reading your post and laughing at myself for being a weak idiot.  Addiction or pleasure I enjoy it but figure it will probably give me cancer down the road. Hopefully far down the road.
10/8/2012 7:19 PM
12 Next ▸
OT: Quitting Chewing Tobacco??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.