On board presence alone, I'm in this thing ;)
10/11/2012 12:24 PM
Okay, I know this wasn't part of the original idea anywhere, but in my mind's eye I'm seeing this like a gigantic NFL draft sort of thing where the best coaches get to pick their schools first and those down the line get the scraps left over. I can hear it now...

"With the first pick of the Legends World, coach blahblahblah selects....Colorado College!....With the second selection in the Legends World, coach blahblahblah takes...Palm Beach Atlantic...."

Of course it would be more interesting at D2, because then we could see who the first brave souls to crack places like Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico would be...
10/11/2012 1:03 PM
If I was qualified and something like this ever took off, I would definitely be involved and I think it would be great fun. I don't think WIS will ever do it, perhaps just because it is such a good idea.
10/11/2012 1:16 PM
Video game design 101 is to make it so you could find that special item at any moment, to keep you playing. See: borderlands 2 or WoW.

I don't need "finding a special item" to keep me playing. As far as I'm concerned, either the game is interesting or its not, period. That's probably why I don't play either of the games you mentioned.

In fact, I want just the opposite: I want to know what the standards are and whether I qualify, the same as I can look at any world during jobs and find out where I could probably get a job and where I have no shot. I do NOT want to play guessing games as to when I'll get in, at least not on a large scale.

As for making the world full, I don't know that this is necessary, and certainly not to the extent that the "Legends" world should just allow anyone to fill the last few spots.
10/11/2012 1:50 PM
Posted by bistiza on 10/11/2012 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Video game design 101 is to make it so you could find that special item at any moment, to keep you playing. See: borderlands 2 or WoW.

I don't need "finding a special item" to keep me playing. As far as I'm concerned, either the game is interesting or its not, period. That's probably why I don't play either of the games you mentioned.

In fact, I want just the opposite: I want to know what the standards are and whether I qualify, the same as I can look at any world during jobs and find out where I could probably get a job and where I have no shot. I do NOT want to play guessing games as to when I'll get in, at least not on a large scale.

As for making the world full, I don't know that this is necessary, and certainly not to the extent that the "Legends" world should just allow anyone to fill the last few spots.
Understood, the mystery box isn't for everyone. It's a powerful addiction tool, though. I agree with a minimum as a job filler.
10/11/2012 3:28 PM
Think its a cool idea.  Would be interesting if someone had some idea of what the top coaches are.  No idea how to go about comparing results at D3, D2, D1 and worlds.  I think you'd need to have at least one NT championship or some combination of say 30+ NT wins and 400 overall wins in that world or something.  Maybe higher.  Should be pretty selective, at least at first.
Think it should be full price and full rewards.  It doesn't work unless the coaches are motivated (and WIS makes money).  Having played "free" fantasy leagues before, too many coaches lose interest.  Put some money into it, and the interest is higher.  Also, by having to pay normal, you get people who are truly interested rather than just getting a free or discounted test team. My 2c
10/11/2012 4:18 PM
It would have to combine resumes from every world or at least take them all into account
10/11/2012 4:34 PM
I dont' think you're going to get 350+ coaches with a champinoship, 30+ NT wins, and 400 overall wins.  And that's just initially.  If we ultimately want a full world, we would need ~1,000 or so of those coaches.  No way that's going to happen.
10/11/2012 4:36 PM
Are there even 1000 unique players in this game, much less legends?
I also meant some combination of champs, nt wins, and regular wins, not all 3.
I've played in a couple of conferences where most if not all coaches had a nt somewhere. Definitely fun
10/11/2012 4:43 PM
Absolutely.  I think the Gulf South Allen has something like 35 championships between all of our alts.  Best conference I've played in.  It's an absolute blast.  Can't imagine what it would be like if every conference in the world was like that.  It would be a ton of fun, but I imagine there would be a lot of disgruntled coaches who aren't used to failing.
10/11/2012 4:51 PM
Would be a lot of fun... don't see it ever happening but I'd definitely be in if the world would have me!
10/11/2012 5:07 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.