Public worlds "queue" Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 10/17/2012 7:47:00 PM (view original):
DO TELL!!!

BTW, I'm a cowboy and an astronaut!!!
No.  But you ARE a truckdriver.
10/22/2012 4:36 PM
I couldn't drive a truck down an abandoned highway, fool.

Are you tuft's alias?
10/22/2012 4:39 PM
Funny,  in your WIS Up Close and Personal interview you said you managed a small trucking firm.  (And I don't do aliases.  Wouldn't know how.)
10/22/2012 4:43 PM
Do you understand the difference between "drive" and "manage"?
10/22/2012 4:47 PM
That's a rhetorical question.  You OBVIOUSLY do not. 
10/22/2012 4:47 PM
Yes,  I'm pretty sure I do.  Do you understand the inherent shortcomings of a manager who has never actually done that which he is attempting to manage? 
10/22/2012 4:51 PM
Do you realize how stupid that is to say?
10/22/2012 6:46 PM
Joe McCarthy.  Earl Weaver.

Buck Showalter.  Joe Maddon.

10/22/2012 7:22 PM
Those managers,  Weaver,  Anderson etc,  that are always cited as examples of great managers who never played in the majors were all pretty good professional baseball players with years of experience playing the game at relatively high levels,  that is,  the high minor leagues.  Chairman Mike says he can't drive a truck at all.  Not at any level.  He may or may not be an effective manager of a small trucking company but his incompetence at actually driving a truck is probably a nice source of jokes for his employees.
10/22/2012 7:55 PM
The last thing a professional driver wants is a "suit" telling him how to drive.   They want to know where to go and how much money they can make by going there.

Which is why your username should be tomtool.
10/22/2012 9:59 PM
Do you mind if I tell you where to go and how to get there?
10/22/2012 10:53 PM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/18/2012 6:13:00 AM (view original):
So if i want to join public world X, I have to wait forever for it to be available because two terrible worlds are the only two available to join and they both have 12 openings?

How is forcing a crap world to fill before allowing good public worlds to start filling akin to closing a sale?

Seems smarter to allow 5-10 worlds to go ahead and roll and fill (closing all of those associated sales), than to hold all of those potential sales hostage trying to force owners to sign up for a tard world.

If I played in public worlds, I'd simply leave the site before I'd let them force me to spend money to join a tard world.

Of all of the countless ways the current system could be changed, why did you make up a bad example and then present it as if there are no other options?

Why do you think anyone is proposing you should be stopped from joining World X if you wanted to join World X?

Can you see there's a difference between being allowed to join World X, if you know it exists, and not you not being presented with World X as one of 10-20 similar options?

There are probably a dozen ways to prevent bad words from blocking better worlds.

Why don't you at least read a few books on how to market, how to sell, how to close sales, etc. Then, with at least a little bit of book knowledge, come back & explain why having 10+ open public worlds presented at the same time is better than 2-3. I don't think you'll be able to make a case, but I would find it interesting if you tried. You might figure out a new successful business model the rest of humanity missed the past few thousand years.  Why not you?  Good luck.

10/22/2012 11:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/22/2012 9:59:00 PM (view original):
The last thing a professional driver wants is a "suit" telling him how to drive.   They want to know where to go and how much money they can make by going there.

Which is why your username should be tomtool.
When I'm reading HBD forum posts about managing & driving trucks, I defer to Mike's knowledge, because he probably knows a lot more about those things than most of us. Certainly more than me.

When Mike comments on posts about how to improve HBD marketing or the mathematical models HBD is based on, he consistently shows us he knows and understands just about as much as we'd expect a truck driver to know & understand about those things.

I'm really glad there are people who know how to manage & drive trucks.  I don't want to do either.  My life would suck without those guys & gals.  Thanks, Mike.
10/22/2012 11:34 PM
Because no one would deliver you a big bottle of crybaby?
10/23/2012 8:03 AM
Posted by shobob on 10/7/2012 11:29:00 AM (view original):
I think public worlds would fill faster if only two were available to be joined into at any time.  Any unfilled worlds would have to wait their turn, based on when they rolled, or became public.
This, tuft, is why he thinks he'd be "forced" to join a public world that was next in line.    "if only two were available" are the key words.    That means, since you don't understand with all your marketing and closing genius, that there are two options.    You may know World C has openings but, sadly, it will not be available to join. 
10/23/2012 8:06 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Public worlds "queue" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.