Positions in the Goddamned Hall of Fame Topic

Fix the effing positions listed for position players in the Hall of Fame so that the position listed is the one they played the most at in their careers, not the one they were at when they retired (inevitably COF, 1B or DH).  This cannot be a difficult thing to program, since the player wears the cap of the team that they played the most with already as opposed to the team that they last played on upon retirement.
10/7/2012 11:34 AM
However, it's probably useless to post anything here at all, since anybody that can or will do anything about it never seems to look.  Nor have they made any improvements or upgrades to this game in what seems like a dog's life.
10/7/2012 11:37 AM
At the top of the list of things that need to be repaired. Must have been 8-10 request for it in the last year but auto pilot is flying this ship. When it runs out of fuel maybe someone will react. Meanwhile it's beginning to seem like a pretty heavy price to pay someone not to give a sh1t.
10/7/2012 9:31 PM
Top of the list? 
10/8/2012 8:23 AM
Every time I pull up the HOF page for my worlds, I just use a black Sharpie on my monitor to cross out the listed position and write in the correct one.

Problem solved.
10/8/2012 8:25 AM
*word*
10/9/2012 9:06 AM
RACIST!
10/9/2012 9:10 AM
how about a mullato sharpie instead?
10/9/2012 9:13 AM
Bump
11/7/2012 6:28 PM
I think the HoF selections should be automated as the All Star teams are. In my experiences owners join as world and are fairly apethetic about looking over a bunch of fake players they never played against or had play for them. IOt is a tough sell to get enough interest for enough owners to vote.
11/7/2012 11:39 PM
Yeah, another thing to program in would be to have players elected to the Hall based on a majority of votes as long as X (say 18-20) people vote.  It's frustrating to see players miss the cutoff by one vote when 7-8 owners didn't vote at all.
11/7/2012 11:41 PM
Maybe the 7-8 owners didnt see anyone worthy of voting for.
11/7/2012 11:47 PM
Then there should be a "no selection" checkmark.  Should go by a certain percentage as long as X amount of owners vote.
11/8/2012 9:17 AM
I think the main issue is that not enough owners care. I say this as one who doesn't. It was cool when I was in Gehrig as an original owner and guys I had or played against were eligible, but other than a situation like that I couldn't possibly care less about the HoF. Based on the voting results in the worlds in which i've played, I'd say that is a fairly common opinion.
11/8/2012 11:54 AM
I believe that WIS recently said that one thing that would be in an upcomining update (if we ever get another one) would be AI voting for the HOF, similar to the AI voting that happens for MVP, CY and ROY.  If you don't explicitly vote, then the AI votes for you.

For that to work, they would have to give HOF voters the option of "none of the above" to differentiate between not deeming anybody worthy from not bothering to cast a vote.

11/8/2012 12:30 PM
12 Next ▸
Positions in the Goddamned Hall of Fame Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.