* Oldest is at the bottom:

sleepydog02
To:
flipdog0
Received:
10/7/2012 12:45:00 PM
Subject:
RE: starters

1. Don't look back at your old teams. Let them go.

2. Don't take comments personally. 

And I stand by my comment about trending down. Roster continuity suffers when a team goes through 3-4 coaches in 5-6 years. You also have no idea what I'm trying to do or why. (Refer back to rule one above).

Chill out.

sleepy

-----Original Message-----
To: sleepydog02
Sent: 10/7/2012 10:50:00 AM
Subject: RE: starters 

I wouldnt say trending down buddy, last season I missed all of recruiting and the whole season because I was on a 4 week long road trip. they came in with the 25th best class when I trusted another coach to handle it for me which i believe was terrible. The season before that I had the #4 class, and that class was huge. It is just hard to look back at your old team and see such a great class sitting on the bench. 

You came in with the 8th best class this year, the team should be better than 3-4. 

If I were you I would consult : http://www.gdreports.com/heisman/player/full?school=150&season=68

to find who should be starting.

To: flipdog0
Sent: 10/7/2012 9:39:00 AM
Subject: RE: starters 

Well, FAU was already trending down when I "found" them. Too many coaches over the past 5-6 seasons created some problems. This season is a shakedown cruise. Part of that involves letting the AI tell me which players it likes as starters. 

I've gone ahead and set "hard" lineups, this morning, though--just for you! :)

To: sleepydog02
Sent: 10/7/2012 3:06:00 AM
Subject: starters 

set your starters you are ruining that Flordia atlantic squad

:

10/7/2012 7:13 PM
and then he blocked me
10/7/2012 7:13 PM
Ha, ha, ha.

I love the "Part of that involves letting the AI tell me which players it likes as starters."

The Ai don't tell me squat.  Never.

10/7/2012 7:17 PM
Some people are just like that. Nothing you can really do. Ultimately, if they aren't cheating, they are free to run their team any way they choose. I have no idea why he's doing it and I'd never do it, but for some reason he thinks that is the way to go.

I will say don't take your old teams personally. Enjoy the "memories" you have of them but don't get down when a less competent coach comes in and ruins them. Really nothing you can do there.
10/7/2012 9:38 PM
The current coach is THE coach. If you wanted to improve THAT team - don't leave - but don't look back.

The idea of "letting the SIM AI pick the team" is about as good a tactic as starting all players who have even day birthdays. As is seen on how many SIM teams win NC's. The SIM in GD picks players differently that what are really the best players to play. BUT - he is THE coach. . .  SO

"chill out"
10/7/2012 9:57 PM
GG today Caesari....

I am as chill as a person as you will ever meet John Ray, I could really care less, just trying to help a "veteran" coach out, who may have forgot to set his starters.....
10/7/2012 11:15 PM
did matt ryan make a new username?
10/7/2012 11:25 PM
definitely don't get in another coach's business.  Its his team to do whatever he wants.  I've only given up one team and when I did that, I sent the coach a sitemail to give him some idea of what he had and why I had done some things and to offer to answer any questions he might have (no point in him keeping a WE that I converted from TE to help my wishbone running attack when he is going to go with Shotgun all pass....for example).

Its nice to see the old team do well, but its someone else's worry now. 
10/8/2012 11:55 AM
you are totally wrong.  Period.
10/8/2012 12:27 PM

I am totally wrong period huh?  I figured I would remind the guy to set his starters because I do not know anyone who lets their team go 5 games without setting starters, unless they forgot.  Can I get a show of hands of all the coaches who let the SIM AI do anything on their squads?  Oh that's right none.  At least no successful coaches.  

Do I like to see my former teams run to the ground? No. Do I really care? No.  But to I care enough to remind the former coach to set his starters and attempt to give him some tips in that respect? Yes..... So sue me.

10/8/2012 7:36 PM
Posted by flipdog0 on 10/8/2012 7:36:00 PM (view original):

I am totally wrong period huh?  I figured I would remind the guy to set his starters because I do not know anyone who lets their team go 5 games without setting starters, unless they forgot.  Can I get a show of hands of all the coaches who let the SIM AI do anything on their squads?  Oh that's right none.  At least no successful coaches.  

Do I like to see my former teams run to the ground? No. Do I really care? No.  But to I care enough to remind the former coach to set his starters and attempt to give him some tips in that respect? Yes..... So sue me.

I do! 

Inadvertently. never on purpose.
10/8/2012 7:54 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=3915463

Caesari 6 Clememp 21
10/8/2012 10:20 PM
Posted by caesari on 10/7/2012 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Some people are just like that. Nothing you can really do. Ultimately, if they aren't cheating, they are free to run their team any way they choose. I have no idea why he's doing it and I'd never do it, but for some reason he thinks that is the way to go.

I will say don't take your old teams personally. Enjoy the "memories" you have of them but don't get down when a less competent coach comes in and ruins them. Really nothing you can do there.
Maybe he does have a plan, who knows....if it does bother you, then don't leave. Not much you can do. Again enjoy it for what it was when u were at the helm
10/8/2012 11:18 PM
once I leave a team, I don't think about it much.  Occasionally, I might see how it is doing the next season or so.  However, I wouldn't go as far as offering unsolicited advice to the new coach.
10/9/2012 2:38 PM
His email makes little sense, but who cares.  It's his team.

And in his defense, he has 2 NCs and 37 CCs and has played around 4,000 games...so he is significantly more experienced and successful.  There have been times when I'm simply too busy to set my lineups in a timely fashion, or I just don't care enough during the 1st season with a rebuild to do much with it since I know I'll lose every game anyway.  But letting the AI pick my starting lineup seems like the worst idea I've ever heard.

Your initial email could have probably been a little more polite, but I wouldn't necessarily consider it rude.  Regardless, I wouldn't worry about other people's teams, even if I used to coach them.  And I certainly don't hand out unsolicited advice without expecting to ruffle a few feathers.
10/9/2012 3:06 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.