Beernoser's Current Contract League Preparing for Topic

NL East for me

10/13/2012 11:22 AM
I'll go in the NL West
10/13/2012 4:14 PM
so does the auction begin this wednesday?
10/14/2012 10:37 PM
is the auction running on weekends?
10/15/2012 9:17 AM
Auction begins this Wednesday (really late Tuesday night). It will go seven days a week until finished.

I will put up the first list of about 25 players and six stadiums around midnight cst Tuesday -Wednesday night.

I will try to keep that schedule as close as  I can posting the new list around midnight and posting wilnning bids within a few hours after that.

A warning. There will undoubtedly be days where I'm late posting due to being out or ill or in family business. I'll be trying to keep to the schedule as best I possibly can.  This Friday night I'll be driving to Dallas to see Jethro Tull believe it or not. I'll do my best to get everything posted, but it won't surprise me if I'm late that night.

To get your bids to me, please use e-mail rather than site-mail. I'm afraid sitemails will start scrolling off my system and we may need to go back to some and check them.

The e-mail address to use is [email protected].  I will stop accepting e-mails at 12:01 (midnight) cst so I can figure out who had the winning bids.

If there's no one you want to bid on for three or four days, please e-mail me anyway just so I know you haven't disappeared.  If you can't do e-mail, sitemail is okay, but I don't know how many site-mails the system saves. It seems to scroll off my system pretty quickly.

Please ask any questions. We're only a day away.
10/15/2012 12:08 PM (edited)
Jethro Tull? But you didnt go to the Pat Benetar concert last month. And that wasnt a 350 mile drive each way.

True story: griped at work about have to work instead of going to the P.B. concert, and the response of everybody under 30 years old was "Who is Pat Benetar?" . Which not only makes them musical morons, but means none of them ever saw Fast Times At Ridgemont High.
10/15/2012 12:55 PM
Actually it's Friday the 26th to Dallas so we should get off to a good start.
10/15/2012 2:21 PM
Is Sugarloaf the opening act?
10/15/2012 2:31 PM
Okay this is my stupid question.  We here on the east coast will get the players up for auction at about 1AM each evening.   Correct?
We will then have how long to place a bid??  You stated above that you will be listing winning bids "a few hours after posting a list."  Does this mean we only have a few hours in the very early am to place our bids or do we have a full day?
10/15/2012 3:30 PM
You have a full day.

The winning bids I will post a few hours later will be the winning bids from the day before's bids.

So you have from midnight to midnight the next day to get bids to me. 
10/15/2012 3:54 PM
Posted by benfc on 10/15/2012 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Okay this is my stupid question.  We here on the east coast will get the players up for auction at about 1AM each evening.   Correct?
We will then have how long to place a bid??  You stated above that you will be listing winning bids "a few hours after posting a list."  Does this mean we only have a few hours in the very early am to place our bids or do we have a full day?
Pretty sure he means that winning bids from the previous day would be posted a few hours after he posts the list for the current day.  Therefore, you'd basically have from midnight CT to midnight CT the next day to place bids.  Correct me if I'm wrong Beernoser.
10/15/2012 4:01 PM
Haha sorry Beernoser.  I missed your reply.
10/15/2012 4:02 PM
Is there a certain way you want us to make up our Bid Sheets ?   ( My first auction draft )
10/15/2012 5:08 PM
Probably the easiest way is to paste the day's ballot into an e-mail and put your bids next to the names. No need to put zeroes when you don't want to bid. 

As far as I know this auction draft is a first, so we're all trying something new.

10/15/2012 5:43 PM
Posted by jeffc7823 on 10/15/2012 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by benfc on 10/15/2012 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Pretty sure he means that winning bids from the previous day would be posted a few hours after he posts the list for the current day.  Therefore, you'd basically have from midnight CT to midnight CT the next day to place bids.  Correct me if I'm wrong Beernoser.
I thought that was what he meant, but just wanted to clarify.
Thanks!
10/15/2012 6:02 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Beernoser's Current Contract League Preparing for Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.