A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 8/5/2013 4:34:00 PM (view original):
How is obstructing an investigation "JDA related"?
What was MLB investigating?
8/5/2013 4:47 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/5/2013 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Irrelevant.

Hypothetically, if during the course of their investigation they discovered that ARod was betting on baseball games (i.e., as in Pete Rose). should that have been disciplined under the JDA?
8/5/2013 4:53 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/5/2013 4:53:00 PM (view original):
Irrelevant.

Hypothetically, if during the course of their investigation they discovered that ARod was betting on baseball games (i.e., as in Pete Rose). should that have been disciplined under the JDA?
Not irrelevant. They were investigating his drug use. Like they did with Melky Cabrera (who also obstructed the investigation), the punishment should have been confined to the JDA. 

8/5/2013 5:17 PM
Right now, the only report of obstruction was Arod trying to purchase the Biogenesis documents to keep them away from MLB.

Which is ironic since MLB also tried to purchase the documents and, in the end, had to bully Bosch into turning them over with a BS lawsuit.
8/5/2013 5:21 PM
I'd give anything to be in that locker room tonight. I hope Jeter's there. It'll be like old times with the captain giving him pissy looks in the dugout.
8/5/2013 5:54 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 8/5/2013 5:54:00 PM (view original):
I'd give anything to be in that locker room tonight. I hope Jeter's there. It'll be like old times with the captain giving him pissy looks in the dugout.
The captain should probably consider using PEDs himself. Seeing Jetes play on Friday, the 45 year old SS on my men's league team has a better arm.
8/5/2013 5:59 PM

And I'm sure he doesn't pull a muscle every game he plays in

8/5/2013 6:13 PM
it seems from the wording of it that he can play until Thursday whether he appeals or not

looking at this list, is it really only Latino players that cheat in today's game?  Hispanic Witch Hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8/5/2013 6:17 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/5/2013 5:17:00 PM (view original):
Irrelevant.

Not irrelevant. They were investigating his drug use. Like they did with Melky Cabrera (who also obstructed the investigation), the punishment should have been confined to the JDA. 

You're making it extremely difficult to not point out what a complete dumbass you are when you keep writing posts like this.
8/5/2013 6:41 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tecwrg on 8/5/2013 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Irrelevant.

You're making it extremely difficult to not point out what a complete dumbass you are when you keep writing posts like this.
His attempt to buy the biogenesis documents (his "obstruction") was directly related to his PED use. That's why it should be incorporated into the punishment under the JDA.

Hypothetical gambling wouldn't be directly related to the PED use.
8/5/2013 6:57 PM
Posted by edsortails on 8/5/2013 6:17:00 PM (view original):
it seems from the wording of it that he can play until Thursday whether he appeals or not

looking at this list, is it really only Latino players that cheat in today's game?  Hispanic Witch Hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two points:

First, I think a larger proportion of Latino players do use PEDs.  They're easier to get in Latin countries, and a lot of these guys started using to help get themselves out of the poorer places they came from and into the United States.  That's not to say high school athletes in this country aren't using a great deal of PEDs as well, and it's widespread domestically without a doubt, but somewhat less ubiquitous.

Second, and more importantly, it's perfectly reasonable to think that one or two Latino players could get in touch with one particular supplier and then clue their buddies into it.  Again, this is not universal, but guys who are native Spanish speakers tend to hang out with each other in the clubhouse preferentially.  Hell, people of the same race, even if they're all of US origin and native English speakers, will at least tend to congregate with one another moreso than people of other races.  I'm sure you know that to be true, not just in baseball but all facets of society.  So is it really unreasonable to think that via largely Latino-driven networks this one particular supplier could be supplying primarily those players, while other guys who haven't been found are supplying the white guys?

8/5/2013 7:06 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/5/2013 6:57:00 PM (view original):
Irrelevant.

His attempt to buy the biogenesis documents (his "obstruction") was directly related to his PED use. That's why it should be incorporated into the punishment under the JDA.

Bud was trying to obtain the documents in order to gather evidence in an investigation.

ARod was trying to obtain the documents in order to destroy them to obstruct the investigation.

Do you not understand the difference?
8/5/2013 7:13 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/5/2013 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Irrelevant.

Bud was trying to obtain the documents in order to gather evidence in an investigation.

ARod was trying to obtain the documents in order to destroy them to obstruct the investigation.

MLB isn't a law enforcement agency. They didn't have a right to the documents.
8/5/2013 7:18 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/5/2013 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/5/2013 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Irrelevant.

MLB isn't a law enforcement agency. They didn't have a right to the documents.
MLB doesn't have a right to police their sport?  To provide a "better" product?
8/5/2013 7:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.