A-Rod: Satan? Topic

He doesn't have to face A-Rod in THIS hearing.    I'm sure a slew of lawsuits will follow.   And Selig will be subpoenaed.

Personally, i think this a show from A-Rod.   He knows he's going to be suspended at the start of the season even if it's reduced to 50 games.  He's setting himself up for future litigation. 
11/21/2013 8:27 AM
Apparently Selig has never showed up in any arbitration hearing.  ESPN's law expert essentially said that there is little to no chance that ARod's team didn't know that Selig was not going to testify, and this is their way of getting ARod out of testifying.  
11/21/2013 9:07 AM
I wouldn't expect he would.   He has underlings, more versed in law and more eloquent, to do that sort of thing.
11/21/2013 9:38 AM
It's his COO, who also happens to be on the arbitration panel, which seems backwards. 
11/21/2013 9:43 AM
I think it's probably fair to say ol' Bud has been a figurehead for several years. 
11/21/2013 11:28 AM
I guess it's possible.  If true, ARod should STFU.
11/21/2013 11:33 AM
Yeah, MLB is right about this. Each side has one rep on the panel. The deciding vote is the independent arbitrator. The COO makes MLB's case, Selig doesn't have to be there.
11/21/2013 11:36 AM
Retweeted Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny):

ARod's fit yesterday means only one thing: He will never have to testify under oath about PEDs. That's what this was. Nothing more or less.
11/21/2013 11:46 AM
He didn't have to testify before his rant.
11/21/2013 11:49 AM
He didn't, but he looks bad if he didn't, especially when he said he was going to because he has nothing to hide.  This could be argued that it's his way out.

When asked yesterday if Selig were to appear, if he'd testify, he said he'd have to talk with his lawyers. Yea.

11/21/2013 12:09 PM
Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what people believe the reason ARod took PEDs for.  If I am earning $25-$30 million per season why would I risk losing that by taking PEDs?  He could basically just sit on the bench and enjoy his money.  
12/3/2013 5:11 PM
His ego.  He wanted to be seen as the GOAT.
12/3/2013 5:30 PM
You could also extend your career.   Father Time is a *****.  
12/4/2013 8:22 AM
Reduced to 162.   I think MLB got what they wanted.  A-Rod out of the game for 2014.

But, as I watch the pre-game on FOX, why is baseball so different than the NFL?   Reggie Bush, who lost his Heisman because he got paid, was being interviewed.   You can't turn on ESPN without hearing Ray Lewis.   The list goes on and on.   

Will A-Rod get a gig in baseball or networks when he's done?  **** no.
1/11/2014 3:52 PM
Neither Reggie Bush nor Ray Lewis come off as dicks.  I don't know specifically about Bush, but by all accounts Ray Lewis comes across as a great guy to everybody who meets him.  A personal friend of mind has had the opportunity to meet and spend a little bit of time with just about every big name athlete ("everybody but Jordan", he has told me), and he made a point of telling me what a "great guy" Lewis was when he met him (I think they played a round of golf together).

ARod seems to come across as an arrogant ***** with little to no self awareness.  That's not going to play well in front of a camera.
1/11/2014 4:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...38|39|40|41|42...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.