A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 7/27/2013 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Sure. Do you know how quotes are supposed to be used?
I don't think you do.
7/27/2013 1:17 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
We've always been good, I don't take this stuff personally. Do you?
7/27/2013 4:23 PM
Very much so.   Deeply personal.   That's what the internet is all about, right?
7/28/2013 10:25 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/28/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Very much so.   Deeply personal.   That's what the internet is all about, right?
You should probably work on not taking it personally.
7/28/2013 11:23 AM
If I valued your opinion, I might.
7/28/2013 11:29 AM
You secretly value my opinion and want my approval.
7/28/2013 12:00 PM
If you know about it, it's not a secret, right?
7/28/2013 2:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/28/2013 2:24:00 PM (view original):
If you know about it, it's not a secret, right?
Well, it's our secret. Or it was.
7/28/2013 8:28 PM
Back on topic:

Much like Pete Rose, A-Rod has become his own worst enemy.  Whether it was him personally or just "his people" stating that he will fight any suspension handed down on him for Biogenesis, he's looking like he believes he should be above the game.  By taking such a combative stance, he's daring Bud to use his "best interests of the game" powers to ban him and cut off any chance of an appeal.

I honestly don't see him ever playing another game in Yankee pinstripes.  And as a Yankee fan, I just want to move on from him.

Bronx Zoo 2.0 needs to come to an end.
7/31/2013 7:53 PM
I disagree. It's well within Arod's rights under the JDA to appeal a suspension. It's Selig acting "above the game" by indicating that he will suspend Arod outside the rules of the JDA and not allow an appeal to an arbitrator. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Arod, he still has a right to due process.
7/31/2013 9:58 PM

USA Today published an interview with Buck Showalter. He's pretty ****** at the thought the Yankees are going to be completely freed from ARod's contract - he said it'll create an imbalance in the league and give the Yanks freedom to spend their way out of their current situation and right back to the top of the AL again. I totally agree. These suspensions should not benefit the teams these players play for. Milwaukee got a gift as well with Braun's suspension coming now. It's utterly stupid.

But there is one comment Buck made in the article that I'm really shocked at and if it's an actual quote, it was a really stupid move by Buck:

"If Bud lets them get away with that, they're under the luxury tax," Showalter told USA TODAY Sports. "If they can reset, they can spend again and I guarantee you in two years Matt Wieters is in New York."

Why would you say that out loud about one of your own players? Is he trying to shame Wieters into signing an extension? Makes no sense.

7/31/2013 10:01 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/31/2013 10:01:00 PM (view original):

USA Today published an interview with Buck Showalter. He's pretty ****** at the thought the Yankees are going to be completely freed from ARod's contract - he said it'll create an imbalance in the league and give the Yanks freedom to spend their way out of their current situation and right back to the top of the AL again. I totally agree. These suspensions should not benefit the teams these players play for. Milwaukee got a gift as well with Braun's suspension coming now. It's utterly stupid.

But there is one comment Buck made in the article that I'm really shocked at and if it's an actual quote, it was a really stupid move by Buck:

"If Bud lets them get away with that, they're under the luxury tax," Showalter told USA TODAY Sports. "If they can reset, they can spend again and I guarantee you in two years Matt Wieters is in New York."

Why would you say that out loud about one of your own players? Is he trying to shame Wieters into signing an extension? Makes no sense.

In 2020, Machado will represent the Yankees in the All Star game.
7/31/2013 10:27 PM
Keep dreaming.
7/31/2013 10:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.