GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Finally Introducing Survivor XI - The Brain.

I have been working on this seasons "Theme" for weeks now... and frankly I'm not done yet..  Maybe I finish my project in time, maybe not... but from the few sitemails I have gotten it's obvious that some don't want to wait....  So for the time being, this theme will be called "The Brain" which will test your logical skills in simple to even hopefully advanced logic teasers throughout the game.

Of course the common survivor theme is always sports, and your knowledge and luck in all ranges of sports.. in order to survive.

For this survivor I will be taking up to 28 players (or less depending on the interest). 

Those interested but do not know what Survivor is all about, check out this threadwww.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx to see how I ran a previous Survivor.... Or bfk's versionwww.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx which also provides information into how the game is run, although had some changes to the way I typically have done it.

New Rules to this year's Survivor:  

1) 
Since many people have left GD after the past update, I will not require having a GD Team to play.  However, winning championships in GD is still a form of immunity so those with a GD team will have an advantage.  I assume since the addition ofnorbert  and the upcoming changes and updates to the engine, many coaches are considering giving GD a chance again, so maybe this is an incentive.  Also, norbert, feel free to sign up to the game.... I'm sure many would like the chance to get to know you (as well as vote you off of the island )

2) The tubby7242 Rule - As it was not previously declared (although I thought assumed), signing up with a multiple ID to try to gain an advantage will not be tolerated.  As I was able to catch the threesome of tubby, damagee, and bigorange last game while playing the game, don't expect me to not have a background check and IP checking of names in this go - around.  If you attempt to sign up with more than one name you will be caught and ridiculed amongst the GD Community.

Past Winners: 
1) jmason187
2) jmason187
3) carpediem33
4) mr_mojo 
5) apple_butter
6) bellatrix
7) wildpike
8) nelsonba25
9) polabonez
10) awags

Good luck to all, Rules will be posted shortly following.
10/11/2012 4:12 PM

Welcome to Gridiron Dynasty Survivor XI: The Brain

Survivor XI - The Brain will be on a logic based theme....  Although the theme is always sports, in order to gain an edge you will need to be able to logically think on your feet.  Or not.  Who knows. Thanks to dubs and bfkfraser for the past work they have put into the game, and muddapucka for originiating the concept.

And here are the rules:

YJR VAIR OD TOHJY IMFRT UPIT GOMHRTYOQD. KIDY DJOGY ARGY PMVR.

"Remember that the goal is to Outwit, Outthink and Outplay each other, not the rules themself. I will try to quickly clear up any questions, but I am hoping that you all understand that I intend to follow the spirit of what these rules clearly should mean, and not end up in an argument of semantics. Once again, you are playing each other, not me.

1) Gridiron Dynasty Survivor has three types of immunity: Gridiron Immunity, Hidden Immunity and Challenge Immunity. Each of these immunities has different rules associated with it that shall be explained in the rules.

2) Challenges for immunity will be held every Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. They will be posted at before 10AM EST, or the night before, and will run varying lengths of time, though not exceeding that one day. There will be no ties for Challenge Immunity. Only one tribe or contestant can win it. I will have tiebreakers contained within each challenge.

3) Voting for expulsion of a player will be held every Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. You may vote from 12 a.m. EST on those days until 7 p.m. EST. You cannot change your vote. Therefore, there are reasons that you may not want to vote immediately.

4) Here’s one of those reasons now. You may transfer Challenge Immunity (this can only be done once we enter the individual section of challenge immunity, not when it is tribe vs. tribe.) If you win individual immunity on a Friday, Sunday or Tuesday, you have from the end of that challenge until 6 a.m. the next day (a full six hours into the voting window) to give that immunity to another player. You must transfer this immunity in the thread for all to see. It can only be transferred by the person who won it. So if Person A wins it and gives it to Person B, Person B cannot then give it to anyone else.

5) Here’s another of those reasons. If you win a National Title at Gridiron Dynasty while this game is going on, you win immunity. If you win that National title on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday, you have immunity from Saturday’s vote. If you win that National title on a Sunday or Monday, you have immunity from Monday’s vote. If you win that National title on a Tuesday or Wednesday, you have immunity from Wednesday’s vote.

5a) This means it is possible that you will win immunity around three in the afternoon for a vote that is due at 7 p.m. EST. If you have already voted for someone who has immunity, you can’t change your vote. You need to pay attention to who may be playing for a national title and what the halftime score is. If you take the chance to vote for someone that has a chance to win a national title, and they do, that’s your fault.

5b) Your national title is only good for the next vote in the game. If you win a National Title and your tribe already has immunity from the next vote, you don’t get to save it.

5c) Only National titles won with the name you are playing this game with count. No national titles won as a cocoach count.

6) There likely will be hidden immunity idols throughout the game. I will notify you when you have found one. You can pass the hidden immunity idols from person to person, but you have to tell me who has them. You cannot hand it to someone and say I give it to them for one day. You give it to them, or you don’t. If you give it to them, and they later choose to give it back, that’s great, but you can’t stipulate before you hand it to them.

6a) If you have a hidden immunity idol, you will have three hours to play it between 7 p.m. EST on the day of a expulsion vote and 10 p.m. EST. This period comes directly after the voting period. You must post in the thread that you are playing it, and the person making the post must be the one I am aware has the idol. If you moved it and didn’t tell me, I won’t recognize you playing it. I will simply announce that person does not have an idol. You cannot transfer it to that person after this point. You missed the opportunity.  If you play it, any votes against you will be thrown out and the rest of the votes will be counted with the top vote getter being ousted. Not all immunity idols are created equal.  It is not a race against the clock to play the idol.  If any idol is played within the last half hour of the IDOL play period, the idol play period will be extended for 30 minutes past the time alotted.  So playing an idol at 9:59 PM so as to not be "trumped" by another idol will extend the idol play time until 10:29PM, giving the chance for another idol to be played.

6b) If you play the hidden immunity idol, and it was not necessary to protect you from a vote, you will not get it back. I will rehide it.

6c) If you do not play the hidden immunity idol, and you get the most votes, you are out, and the immunity idol goes home with you. I will not announce to anyone that it has disappeared.

6d) The hidden immunity idol can take you no further than the Final Four. You can’t play it if there are less than five people left in the game.

7) When we have expulsion votes that you are involved in, you must vote, and you may not vote for yourself. If you miss two votes in the game, you are out. Even if you have immunity, if it is your second missed vote, you are out.

8) During the tribe section, we will have tribe captains. I will declare who the first captains are in the subsequent posts. The captains are responsible for declaring who will sit out challenges if their tribe has more people. If the captains are voted out, the remaining player with the most total votes received during the entire competition will become captain. If there is a tie, the first person alphabetically will be captain.

9) I have Thursdays reserved to throw in some twists along the way, so don’t get too comfortable. If you see a question that you need clarified now, please let me know."

10) The tubby7242 rule:  Only one moniker per person.  Those violating this rule will be caught and tied to a post for all others to throw stones at.

12/7/2012 11:18 AM (edited)
*** Snag Infractions   Drastic Allusions
redraider68 (captain)   trevnasty (captain)
stevedotdec   jhard70
bhazlewood   kevintam90
golfpro71   horvie78
csudak   iamthetwo__2
pssap   ghutton9
coach_deen   mr_mojo

Tired Ogre ****   Sneaky Yen
dublinuf (captain)   dustin_lema (captain)
stalagna   caesari
ffbplayergod   sjurat
dawgnuts   arfy
rorisiojr   mb625
bhouska   tsut30
nyaggie98   katzphang88
11/4/2012 12:01 AM (edited)

TRIBE THOMAS

bhazlewood (captain)
psap
coach_deen
iamthetwo__2
bhouska
horvie78
dustin_lema

TRIBE AARON

nyaggie98 (captain)
golfpro71
csudak
sjurat
tsut30
redraider68
ghutton9

TRIBE MICHAEL

trevnasty (captain)
dublinuf
stalagna
jhard70
caesari
ffbplayergod
arfy

--------------------------------------------------------------

TRIBE VICTORS                  TRIBE DEFEATED
sjurat (captain)   jhard70 (captain)
coach_deen   ghutton9
csudak   trevnasty
arfy   dublinuf
nyaggie98   horvie78
caesari   stalagna
tsut30   bhazlewood  (First Jury Member)
psap   redraider68

12/8/2012 1:35 PM (edited)
FINAL 10

ghutton9
horvie78
csudak
jhard70
trevnasty
tsut30
dublinuf
sjurat

arfy
nyaggie98 

JURY
bhazlewood
nyaggie98
arfy
sjurat
dublinuf
tsut30
trevnasty
jhard70
csudak

12/31/2012 9:51 AM (edited)
i'm interested.  save a spot for me if available.  the tribe has spoken.
10/11/2012 5:16 PM
Hey pola, I would like to try this time.  If you have some smart team players who want a patsy on the team then sign me upl 
10/11/2012 5:56 PM
I'll play again and I vote for Arfy and awags in a double elimination
10/11/2012 5:59 PM
I will play.  However, I cannot promise that I won't start other forum threads and make fun of people.
10/11/2012 8:12 PM
I'll play! How big is the bullseye on Arfy's back?
10/11/2012 9:10 PM
IN! I was just about to start heckling you, pola!!
10/11/2012 9:29 PM
So if I play is there any way in the world I do not go out first this time. I am just saying. lol 

In actuality I know I don't have time to win this time, so I will wait for 12, but I still want to see a return of Survivor Big Brother.
10/11/2012 9:47 PM
I'll take a spot
10/11/2012 10:02 PM
you know i'm in
10/11/2012 10:29 PM
Pola, ole nemesis o' mine... I am most DEFINITELY IN!
10/11/2012 10:52 PM
1|2|3...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.