GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

I read through everything and had no clue what pola cipher was so I also picked randomly. I even tried googling it.
10/16/2012 5:13 PM
Have no fear....  I'll post the teams tomorrow (or tonight) after we fill this last spot.....

It's a cryptogram... There are plenty of online cryptogram solvers if solving cryptograms isn't your cup of tea.....  Like I said, the names you chose couldn't be solved by themselves... but if you had the a phrase that was written in the same cipher than the solving would become possible, and even probably easy to some....

Everyone had access to the phrase, although I highly doubt many found it...

I wouldn't fret much if you didn't figure it out...  It wasn't supposed to be easy.. if everyone got to pick their team to start that could possibly be a pretty good advantage if certain people were paired up, like vets who have worked together in past survivor games, people who might know each other from GD Divisons....etc.... But that option was there for anyone who found it out... And it serves as a pretty good lesson for what is yet to come...
10/16/2012 5:30 PM (edited)
I just figured it out. It was actually fairly simple when I paid attention.
10/16/2012 5:23 PM
Idol is in the hamster wheel in the opening credits of the Pink and the Brain cartoon.
10/16/2012 5:41 PM
If this is a good lesson of what is yet to come, then I think it's safe to say I'm pretty much screwed because I had no idea what those things were. Also, I'm awful at cryptograms.
10/16/2012 5:50 PM
Lol... Not screwed.... Sports knowledge (and luck) is the key ingredient to the challenges..... The logic puzzles and "code" train of thought will be the extras.... But propaganda, charisma, and/or deceit might be good ingredients....
10/16/2012 5:57 PM
Well obviously I picked randomly, had no clue there was a direction to take from those cryptograms.  So does anyone know if I am on their team, cause I still haven't figured out the meanings. 
10/16/2012 6:16 PM
What's good Redbirds?
10/16/2012 6:26 PM
I'd like to point out, as an avid Texas Rangers fan and Ron Washington apologist, I couldn't have picked a worse name.
10/16/2012 7:10 PM
Posted by polabonez on 10/16/2012 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Lol... Not screwed.... Sports knowledge (and luck) is the key ingredient to the challenges..... The logic puzzles and "code" train of thought will be the extras.... But propaganda, charisma, and/or deceit might be good ingredients....
Good to know that the logic puzzles will only be extras... the other stuff is to be expected in any game of survivor on this site.
10/16/2012 7:57 PM
some one explain how they figured it out. cause now im quite curious
10/16/2012 8:21 PM
Just For all of your information.... jibe had something come up and will not be playing... and bhouska has taken his spot on the list. 

Assuming Coach_deen doesn't show up in a couple of hours (he hasn't yet opened the sitemail I sent him) I have one other GD Coach ready to take his spot. I actually have two backups waiting so if anyone else is getting cold feet speak now or forever hold your peace...

Otherwise, GD Survivor will be starting here shortly...  If anyone wants to explain the cryptogram you may do so now in the thread otherwise I will when I post teams a bit later tonight.

Good luck to all and have fun.
10/16/2012 8:32 PM

AOMVRVIZ - redraider68  - LINCECUM

APJDR - kevintam90  - LOHSE

DEODJRT - tsut30 - SWISHER

DIXILO - caesari  - SUZUKI

DSMFPBSA - SANDOVAL

DSNSYJOS - dustin_lema - SABATHIA

DVJRTXRT – dublinuf - SCHERZER

FRDVSADP - ghutton9 - DESCALSO

GORAFRT - dawgnuts - FIELDER

GTRRDR - iamthetwo__2 - FREESE

JPAAOFSU - jhard70 - HOLLIDAY

KSVLDPM – stalagna- JACKSON

LPXZS - mr_mojo - KOZMA

NASMVP - psap - BLANCO

OMGSMYR - nyaggie98 - INFANTE

ONSMRX - arfy - IBANEZ

QPDRU - golfpro71 - POSEY

QRMVR - csudak - PENCE

QRTSAYS – bhouska - PERALTA

QSHSM - stevedotdec - PAGAN

UPIMH - rorisiojr - YOUNG

VJSBRX -  bhazlewood - CHAVEZ

VSNTRTS - ffbplayergod - CABRERA

VTSEGPTF - trevnasty - CRAWFORD

VTSOH - katzphang88 - CRAIG

YROCRTS – sjurat - TEIXERA

ZPAOMS - horvie78 - MOLINA

ZSTYOM - mb625 - MARTIN

10/16/2012 8:56 PM
Who the hell is Infante?
10/16/2012 9:02 PM
You don't know Lindy Infante, former coach of the Packers and Colts?!?
10/16/2012 9:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.