GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Posted by csudak on 12/18/2012 11:25:00 PM (view original):
WIth the spurs lose it is real simple:

Lakers and Warriors win: I win
Lakers and Warriors lose: I win
Lakers win, Warriors lose: I win
Lakers lose, Warriors win: me and jhard tie, jhard wins on TB2

LETS GO LAKERS... can't believe I said that as a Boston guy

Knowing now that you are a Boston guy, that just sounds sick. Don't let anyone else hear you say that or they'll burn you at the stake. :)
12/18/2012 11:31 PM
How about, booo Warriors.  Go Hornets!!!!!! 

If Brooklyn hadn't blown a 13 point halftime lead this would have been over long ago

12/18/2012 11:36 PM (edited)
Boston guy, eh? I'm a Route 9 baby, myself.
12/18/2012 11:59 PM
It's been a pleasure playing against you all, best of luck in the final 5...
12/19/2012 7:18 AM
I have all of the votes.  Idol play from now until 9PM
12/19/2012 5:14 PM
Might as well announce the votes. I already know I'm being voted out, and I don't have an idol.... Also, if the 1st jury alternate is willing to cast a vote for the winner, he is more than welcome to take my spot on the jury...
12/19/2012 6:22 PM (edited)
I have 1 vote for JHARD
I have 1 vote for ghutton
I have 4 votes for tsut30

tsut30 IS on the jury.....
12/20/2012 1:00 AM
I pass my jury vote to the 1st alternate...
12/20/2012 5:41 AM
Posted by tsut30 on 12/20/2012 5:41:00 AM (view original):
I pass my jury vote to the 1st alternate...
May I ask why? While I have an alternate I can do this with I feel as if your vote matters a bit more at this point. Those who have made it further generally have been impacted (whether positively or negatively) by those who end up in the final two therefore I believe the weight of that vote is much more important to the game as the person who was out 12th.

Not to take away from the 12th person out of their vote but its doubtful that that person had anytging to do with you leaving... But it's very likely that one or both of the finalists did... Which I think is the important part of your vote.

If you really want to bow out I will replace you but I'd ask you think about it before making a rash decision
12/20/2012 9:54 AM
I am absolutely 100% positive.

I'm not bitter about being voted out or anything.. With the upcoming holidays, and my 4 nights a week of bowling, now that I'm out of the game, I more than likely won't be paying alot of attention to the final 5 and how they're playing out...
12/20/2012 10:05 AM (edited)
.... but i'm sure you would have made the time despite your schedule had you not been eliminated, huh?
12/20/2012 11:58 AM
Can't say yes, can't say no.  It's near the end of the month for my data plan cycle, and I'm close to the monthly limit.  I might not have checked it that much for a few days.  It's hard to tell what would happen...  I actually was quite close to not submitting challenge picks for my last challenge for that reason....
12/20/2012 12:03 PM
FINAL 5 CHALLENGE

First Off, I'm declaring all 5 of you Survivor XI Champions.  Congratulations.  It's game over....  You all tie. And Win.

Unless of course the world doesn't end after Friday.  Then I shall strip you all from your titles and you will play on.  

Until then, we have a Friday challenge to carry out... Here it is:

I'm giving each of you $500 Pola Bucks to work with for this challenge.  

I am going to hold an auction for the two NCAA football teams in the Beef O Brady's Bowl, two NCAA Basketball teams, and 6 NBA Teams.

Here's how it will work.

The teams up for bidding are:

BALL ST U  (NCAA Football)
UCF (NCAA Football)
STANFORD (NCAA Basketball)
NORTHWESTERN (NCAA Basketball)
CHICAGO (NBA)
NEW YORK (NBA)
ORLANDO (NBA)
TORONTO (NBA)
MILWAUKEE (NBA)
BOSTON (NBA)

Starting 2:30PM  Central Today... I will have two of these teams up for auction.  This wave of two teams will end at 7:00PM Tonight.  You may choose to bid on both teams, but you can not have more than your $500 in play.  So you can bid $250 per team, or $300 and $200, and you will announce in the thread how much you bid and on which team you bid on.  If somone bids HIGHER than you for one of the teams... Your money is released and you may re-allocate it towards the other team, OR Rebid more money and out-trump the high bidder.  BID increments are in $5 INCREMENTS.

At 7:00PM if you are the high bidder, you have bought that team.

NOTE - The next round starts at 7:30.  And here is why.  To prevent snipe bidding at 6:59PM on round 1... If a bid is made my someone within 10 minutes of close time, that close time will be extended by 10 minutes, to 7:10PM.  ONLY those who have BID or been OUTBID in the extended time may bid... So if two people are bidding on a team in the last 10 minutes who you haven't bid on in that time frame - you can no longer jump in on it.

If at 7:30PM there is still no clear winner for a team, anyone who is in the extended bidding must sitemail me their top dollar they are willing to bid on that team and they will get the team for $1 more tham their bidding opponent's silent bid.

After each round is over, the next two teams will go on the auction block and bidding will begin again for two new teams.  The $500 you receive is all you get for all 10 teams, so if you spend $300 for the Bulls in round 1 - you only have $200 left to bid with for the rest of the auction.

The Auction Schedule is as follows:

2:30PM - 7:00 PM THURSDAY - [CHICAGO BULLS, MILWAUKEE BUCKS]
7:00PM -  12AM THURSDAY - [TORONTO RAPTORS, STANFORD]
12:30AM - 8AM FRIDAY - [NORTHWESTERN, ORLANDO MAGIC]
8:30AM - 1:00PM FRIDAY - [UCF, BOSTON CELTICS]
1:30PM - 6:00PM FRIDAY - [ BALL STATE, NEW YORK KNICKS]

You can end up with as many or as few teams at the end of the auction, depending on how you allocate your money.

Here is how scoring works...  If the one of the teams you bought wins their game... You will get the amount of points the team you bought won by.   Total cumulative score of all of your teams wins the challenge.  If you team loses, you receive 0 points.

Everyone should send me their tiebreakers via sitemail sometime before tomorrow nigh:

TB1: Total score of Stanford/Northwestern
TB2:  Total score of Ball St UCF
12/20/2012 3:29 PM (edited)
  jhard70              ghutton9              csudak              trevnasty              horive78
TEAM                  
TEAM                  
TEAM                  

CASH$ 500   500   500   500   500
12/20/2012 3:19 PM
Bidding has begun for CHICAGO BULLS and MILWAUKEE BUCKS

Minimum Opening Bid is $5 Each.
12/20/2012 3:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...71|72|73|74|75...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.