GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Cedrick benson
12/26/2012 2:11 PM
Theo Epstein
12/26/2012 2:12 PM
I guess I get Sharpie
12/26/2012 2:23 PM
The infamous "Doubleday" world has several openings if anyone is interested in picking up a Hardball Dynasty  team.  Let me know if you are interested.  I'm not positive, but I think there is a promotion for $5.00 for your first season(2.5 monthes).
12/26/2012 2:25 PM

Challenge #3 and Calendar of Upcoming Events.

As I am sure you are all aware, this is the final challenge for Survivor XI - The Brain.

As if I hadn't been more than generous enough to the three of you giving you thousands of Pola Bucks along the journey, I am giving you the last installment of $500 Pola Bucks to start this challenge.

You will be gambling this money on the dreadful week 17 in the NFL on Sunday. Whoever has the most on Sunday night will be guaranteed a spot in the final two, and will get to choose who goes with him.

Tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday you will get a chance to earn more money to gamble with.

Each of you will choose one team, either underdog or favorite, that play on each day. All you have to do is pick the winner of one game, but each of you will be picking the favorite or the underdog for a different game.

If the team you choose was the Favorite, and wins, you will get an extra $150 to use on Sunday.
If the team you choose was the Underdog, and wins, you will get an extra $250 to use on Sunday.

So Thursday, December 27th (Patrick Sharp's birthday), the order that you will choose your pick is:

horvie78
ghutton9
csudak

Friday, Dec 28th (Ced Benson's birthday) the order will be:

ghutton9
csudak
horvie78

And Saturday the order will be

csudak
horvie78
ghutton9

(There are 5 games on Saturday, you may choose any of the 5 games, but we will only be using 3 for the challenge)

Come Sunday, I will have spreads up for 15 NFL games (less the night game).... Whoever has the least amount of money (and in the case of a tie whoever's 3 teams scored the least amount of points) will get to place their bet first. They play play a spread or a total, and once they do - that game is off the board. You must bet a minimum of $100 per game.

You do not have to bet all of your money, but you must make a minimum of 3 bets OR spend all of your money. So if the first person puts it all on one bet... The other two will still be choosing games they want to play until they have made at least 3 bets or bet all of their money.

Sunday Bets will have $50 increments.

So for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday's bonus money... Whoever is up will announce the team they are taking in the thread. I'm going to ask that whoever's first has their pick in by 9AM, second by 10AM, and third by 11AM. (You can always just pick all three games early if you have to, since you can only be picking one game anyways when it gets to your turn)

SUNDAY Night after a winner is deemed.... The winner will have until Monday at 8AM to decide who he is taking with him to the final two. The person who he takes with him will have from 8AM until 2:30PM MONDAY to tell the members of the jury why he should be Survivor XI Champion. From 2:30PM until 8:00PM the winner of this challenge will get a chance to plead his case....

And the jury will get to go out celebrating new years, and make a hung over decision on Tuesday for who they want to be the Survivor Champion, which I will announce that night, if I make it to 2013.

Good luck gents.

12/26/2012 3:03 PM (edited)
THURSDAY CHOICES:

2:00PM-- SAN JOSE ST (Favorite) VS BOWLING GREEN (Underdog)
5:30PM-- CINCINATTI (Favorite) VS DUKE (Underdog)
8:45PM-- UCLA (Favorite) VS BAYLOR (Underdog)

FRIDAYS CHOICES:

1:00PM-- LA MONROE (Favorite) VS OHIO (Underdog)
4:30PM-- VA TECH (Favorite) VS RUTGERS (Underdog)
8:00PM--  TX TECH (Favorite) VS MINNESOTA (Underdog)

SATURDAYS CHOICES

10:45AM-- AIR FORCE (Favorite) VS RICE (Underdog)
2:15PM-- WEST VIRGINIA (Favorite) VS SYRACUSE (Underdog)
2:15PM-- ARIZONA STATE (Favorite) VS NAVY (Underdog)
5:45PM-- OREGON STATE (Favorite) VS TEXAS (Underdog)
9:15PM-- TCU (Favorite) VS MICHIGAN STATE (Underdog)
12/26/2012 3:00 PM
With the first pick on Thursday, I take CINCINNATI (favorite)...even with their interim coach.
12/26/2012 3:42 PM
Ucla
12/26/2012 4:36 PM
I'll take a chance... Bowling Green
12/26/2012 7:04 PM
Some Jury Members will also be going all Susan Hawk on the Final Two depending on who gets in
12/26/2012 10:52 PM
Nice...we haven't had much drama since the golfpro events
12/26/2012 10:55 PM
My pick is Texas Tech for Friday. Snakes and Rats, should be fun.
12/27/2012 12:58 PM
I'll take Rutgers.
12/27/2012 1:57 PM
You guys know how to post videos, to Facebook?
12/27/2012 1:59 PM
I'll take the Ohio Bobcats on Friday
12/27/2012 4:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...80|81|82|83|84...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.