GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

I have no vetted interest as host but watching from the outside... I was completely floored Casey that you jumped on the 4-4. Especially since you had the idol which could have changed it to your favor. And you SEEMED from the letters (which I will disclose some later) that you had a pretty good handle on the game.
12/31/2012 4:48 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 12/31/2012 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 12/31/2012 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ghutton9 on 12/31/2012 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 12/31/2012 2:35:00 PM (view original):
2 Questions for ghutton:
1) If you knew that I had the idol and you had no intention of letting me get to the end, why not vote me off at the 6th vote when tsut was voted?  Why take the chance of me winning a few immunities and getting to the end which I almost did?  If you blindside me there, then you guys can easily take out tsut the next vote, then you have your 4 man alliance sitting at the end.
2) Did you tell anyone else, at any point before I used it and after I had confirmed it that I had an idol?

Never said I didn't have any intention of you getting to the end. Where was that in my post? I gave you every opportunity to get to the end. Even when horvie won I still thought you'd get there. Nobody knew you had the idol but me. If I gave that away then others would have tried to take you out.
"Knowing that a tie could hurt my alliance, I added csudak to the mix. I made him realize that if I could keep him around until the final 5 then he could use the idol to make the final 4."

The way that sounds you were still always favoring your alliance over me.  I guess in the end you just wanted me to do your dirty work and get rid of your alliance without having their blood on your hands so you could at least say you didn't vote them out.  Well played.

I do wonder if you had won the last challenge who you would have taken with you. 

Actually I was countering dubs statement from last night that this was the better option for you. His option was BS because you were the odd man out since sjurat was his original alliance. Everyone knows that the final 4 anything can happen based on who wins immunity. I pointed out to you that if you held the idol you had a very good chance to make the final 2. Did I lie about that? Nope. I played straight up with you and you should know that. If I wanted you out then I could have told everyone you had the idol and blind sided you at the final 6. I really don't see how anyone can say I screwed them over. Only 2 people can make the final 2. 9 others weren't making it no matter how it played out. Someone was always going to be screwing over someone else. And Casey, I wasn't the one that didn't pick you at the end. You're acting like I picked horvie over you.
Don't take my words as being bitter.  I agree that someone is always going to be screwed. 

I really was just curious about why you didn't screw me over earlier and if you kept your word about the idol.

Also, this is to arfy, while I was the one who will probably be blamed for pushing to get you out, the real seed that you should be gone was planted by sjurat.  He got in my head that you were going to screw us all over.  Which, to be fair, is your MO.  Raise your hand if you thought you were with Arfy at one point or another!

12/31/2012 4:52 PM
Posted by polabonez on 12/31/2012 4:48:00 PM (view original):
I have no vetted interest as host but watching from the outside... I was completely floored Casey that you jumped on the 4-4. Especially since you had the idol which could have changed it to your favor. And you SEEMED from the letters (which I will disclose some later) that you had a pretty good handle on the game.
I had NO IDEA what to make of dubs and I don't think I put it in the letters, but I thought he had the other idol that arfy went home with.  Dubs was too much of a wildcard for me.  I put a little too much faith in ghutton.

You have to remember Tyson, you have all the info, and unless someone has a morbid sense of humor all the info you get is truthful. 

I had to wade through alot of **** to figure out what was real and who was blowing smoke.  In the end, they all were blowing smoke.

It really sucks sometimes to play these games when I have absolutely no one I can trust, unlike a lot of people who seem to have this real loyalty that goes above the game.

12/31/2012 4:55 PM
I'm curious how him sticking with the 4-4 vote could've helped him. He only knew the vote was going to be for dubs or sjurat. That's why he threw the only off vote. He knew he wasn't being voted for and a tie could have led to a fire building challenge where he could've lost and gone home with the idol. How does Casey benefit from that? I mean he could have chanced it but why not stick with someone that had helped him a couple times already and use it on his terms when he knew the vote was for him.
12/31/2012 4:58 PM
That's true. I can see your point.
12/31/2012 5:00 PM
Is this the part in the game where "sdotdec_dead" reveals himself and explains what that was all about?  Also, sure would be interesting to hear from golfpro.  Maybe he could explain his rants.

Congrats to the final two, and good luck with the vote.

12/31/2012 5:00 PM
Posted by csudak on 12/31/2012 4:55:00 PM (view original):
I had NO IDEA what to make of dubs and I don't think I put it in the letters, but I thought he had the other idol that arfy went home with.  Dubs was too much of a wildcard for me.  I put a little too much faith in ghutton.

You have to remember Tyson, you have all the info, and unless someone has a morbid sense of humor all the info you get is truthful. 

I had to wade through alot of **** to figure out what was real and who was blowing smoke.  In the end, they all were blowing smoke.

It really sucks sometimes to play these games when I have absolutely no one I can trust, unlike a lot of people who seem to have this real loyalty that goes above the game.

It's not all truthful. I know that I didn't reveal all true info. I still don't get how I screwed you over. I saved you twice. Remember that with 9 left dubs tried to get everyone in my alliance to vote for you. That was when I talked my alliance into voting for dubs because I knew he was up to something. Which I was right about.
12/31/2012 5:01 PM
Posted by stevedotdec on 12/31/2012 5:00:00 PM (view original):
Is this the part in the game where "sdotdec_dead" reveals himself and explains what that was all about?  Also, sure would be interesting to hear from golfpro.  Maybe he could explain his rants.

I would like to know who that was. He influenced a lot of my decisions as well as horvies. He sent us all a sitemail early in the game that was pretty interesting. And golfpro changed a lot of my thinking in this game as well. He had a great plan, but he went after Casey and I didn't feel right about that. If he did it to someone else then he likely could have made it pretty far.
12/31/2012 5:04 PM (edited)
Because I'm not in the jury I will save my explanation for my thoughts until after the game. Casey is right I was blessed w seeing only the truth.
12/31/2012 5:02 PM

Golf pro is not on the jury....
12/31/2012 5:04 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 12/31/2012 5:02:00 PM (view original):

I would like to know who that was. He influenced a lot of my decisions as well as horvies. He sent us all a sitemail early in the game that was pretty interesting.
I know who it was! Lol
12/31/2012 5:04 PM
I'm not saying you screwed me over.  I'm simply saying that people tell you what you want to hear a lot.  I have no ill will towards you.  I think you played a great game.

Also, for those wondering about the 4-4 move.  I did have another plan that I tried to float out there to ghutton that if he didn't know arfy went home with the idol would have actually worked.  At the 4-4 vote, I suggested that since dubs or sjurat could have an idol, and that I trust tsut, what if me, tsut, ghutton, trev, horvie and jhard split the vote to cover ourselves?  Then obviously me and tsut flip and we have control.   I could tell from his response about them having an idol this wasn't gonna fly, so I had to pack it in, go with the big 4, use my idol and hope for the best.    My only goal was to get out of the final 8 vote being on the majority side and still have my idol, as at worst that would get me to the final 4.  As ghutton said, I didn't want to go to a fire building challenge.

12/31/2012 5:11 PM
Posted by polabonez on 12/31/2012 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ghutton9 on 12/31/2012 5:02:00 PM (view original):

I would like to know who that was. He influenced a lot of my decisions as well as horvies. He sent us all a sitemail early in the game that was pretty interesting.
I know who it was! Lol
Having been apart of that group and having most of the info, I think it was psap, but i could be wrong.
12/31/2012 5:12 PM
Posted by csudak on 12/31/2012 5:11:00 PM (view original):
I'm not saying you screwed me over.  I'm simply saying that people tell you what you want to hear a lot.  I have no ill will towards you.  I think you played a great game.

Also, for those wondering about the 4-4 move.  I did have another plan that I tried to float out there to ghutton that if he didn't know arfy went home with the idol would have actually worked.  At the 4-4 vote, I suggested that since dubs or sjurat could have an idol, and that I trust tsut, what if me, tsut, ghutton, trev, horvie and jhard split the vote to cover ourselves?  Then obviously me and tsut flip and we have control.   I could tell from his response about them having an idol this wasn't gonna fly, so I had to pack it in, go with the big 4, use my idol and hope for the best.    My only goal was to get out of the final 8 vote being on the majority side and still have my idol, as at worst that would get me to the final 4.  As ghutton said, I didn't want to go to a fire building challenge.

I knew it. I almost backed out of our agreement after you told me that and went after you. I even sitemailed the other guys in the alliance and told them to hold off on our plans to add you because you sent me a fishy sitemail. Good idea, but I knew where all the idols were. Like I said, I almost had too much info in this game.
12/31/2012 5:22 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 12/31/2012 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 12/31/2012 5:11:00 PM (view original):

I knew it. I almost backed out of our agreement after you told me that and went after you. I even sitemailed the other guys in the alliance and told them to hold off on our plans to add you because you sent me a fishy sitemail. Good idea, but I knew where all the idols were. Like I said, I almost had too much info in this game.
Haha, I debated sending that idea for a while.  I knew it could backfire completely.  That's why I when I got your response, I immediately backed off.  Probably the lamest thing I have written in the game was my response.

-----Original Message-----
To: ghutton9
Sent: 12/13/2012 3:21:00 PM
Subject: RE: NEXT VOTE

I actually think I misread dubs a little, so I'm less nervous about him having one. Regardless him or sjurat is next IMO.

Ideally, I'd like to see you, me and horvie in the final 3. If I could get tsut to the final 4 great, if not and you would prefer someone else, that's fine.

To: csudak
Sent: 12/13/2012 3:06:00 PM

I'm good with keeping tsut. I believe that horvie also wants to keep tsut around because he mentioned it to me. Interesting that you think dubs may have the idol though. He's never crossed my mind as having it. Maybe it's best for us to vote out sjurat next. Dubs would surely show his hand because he thinks he's the next out after this past vote. I'm positive sjurat doesn't have it. He thought he was the one going on the first vote. (REST IS EDITED OUT DUE TO INFO THAT MAY INFLUENCE VOTING)

To: ghutton9
Sent: 12/13/2012 2:09:00 PM

The next vote is crucial. I'm a little nervous that dubs or sjurat might have an idol. Sjurat has been a little too calm and dubs just said something that made it seem like he trusted arfy way too much, and it almost cost him dearly with leaving something on the table. Made me nervous that he might have something up his sleeve.

Just like you didn't want to vote out arfy, I have similar feelings about tsut. He has provided some crucial info and has been trustworthy and would like to give him every opportunity to stay in the game until we have no one else to put up.

Here is my thought:

What if your 4 and me and tsut combine to split the vote between dubs and sjurat just to cover ourselves. That would mean dubs gets 3 votes, sjurat gets 3 votes, and they can only combine for 2. Covers us just in case

Thoughts?
12/31/2012 5:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...86|87|88|89|90...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.