GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Posted by ghutton9 on 12/31/2012 5:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 12/31/2012 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by polabonez on 12/31/2012 4:48:00 PM (view original):
I have no vetted interest as host but watching from the outside... I was completely floored Casey that you jumped on the 4-4. Especially since you had the idol which could have changed it to your favor. And you SEEMED from the letters (which I will disclose some later) that you had a pretty good handle on the game.
I had NO IDEA what to make of dubs and I don't think I put it in the letters, but I thought he had the other idol that arfy went home with.  Dubs was too much of a wildcard for me.  I put a little too much faith in ghutton.

You have to remember Tyson, you have all the info, and unless someone has a morbid sense of humor all the info you get is truthful. 

I had to wade through alot of **** to figure out what was real and who was blowing smoke.  In the end, they all were blowing smoke.

It really sucks sometimes to play these games when I have absolutely no one I can trust, unlike a lot of people who seem to have this real loyalty that goes above the game.

It's not all truthful. I know that I didn't reveal all true info. I still don't get how I screwed you over. I saved you twice. Remember that with 9 left dubs tried to get everyone in my alliance to vote for you. That was when I talked my alliance into voting for dubs because I knew he was up to something. Which I was right about.
I am going to have to go back and check the sitemails, but I don't recall that at all. Nine left was your primary 4, me, tsut, csudak, Arfy and sjurat. 

So, I could see it if tsut had immunity that the best play for me would have been to have Casey gone so that Arfy and I could switch sides after that.

I will say that at 10 people left, I believed my only chance was to keep switching sides back and forth until the end, hopefully ending up in the final three that contained some combination of me, Arfy, sjurat and jhard. But in every scenario I ran, I would have made no attempt to eliminate you before 5th ghutton.

I am not denying I could have made that suggestion, by the by, but where we were at 9 and where we were at 8 when Arfy is no longer in the game, as far as my options, is a very different place. 

My rule in playing Survivor is like Sandra Diaz-Twine. As long as its not me. Especially since the elimination of Arfy left me with only one person I had been working for since the start of the game.
12/31/2012 7:58 PM
Posted by nyaggie98 on 12/31/2012 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Since I still haven't decided who to vote for I'm confused as who the 5 who voted me out, I was told ghutton was one of them but he is saying he didn't, since horvie had no communication with me the whole game it hard to vote for him when Glenn at least work with me after the first merge.
I definitely voted for you as it was you or sjurat.
12/31/2012 8:03 PM
By the by, ghutton, I have no hard feelings about how you played. I likely would have done most of the things you did along the way in your position with your information. In order to win, from my perspective, the only mistake you made was to have horvie and not casey sitting next to you, which was not your choice, but it happens.
12/31/2012 8:39 PM (edited)
Posted by polabonez on 12/31/2012 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ghutton9 on 12/31/2012 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stevedotdec on 12/31/2012 5:00:00 PM (view original):
Is this the part in the game where "sdotdec_dead" reveals himself and explains what that was all about?  Also, sure would be interesting to hear from golfpro.  Maybe he could explain his rants.

Congrats to the final two, and good luck with the vote.

I would like to know who that was. He influenced a lot of my decisions as well as horvies. He sent us all a sitemail early in the game that was pretty interesting.
I know who it was! Lol
Yeh, stevedotdec_is_dead was me.

It was just a call out across tribes to all the rookies like me who may not have (or maybe they did) known that vets were playing the game together across tribes and we should do the same also.

stevedotdec got his panties all in a bunch because he narcissistically thought it was some kind of character assassination.  i thought it was a catchy name to get everyone's attention, and I embellished and made up some details of my story to get the best effect that i could.  it helped until i ran out of rookies to team up with and then my game ended.

btw.  if it wasn't for bhazlewood, casey would have been eliminated after the first poker challenge where bhazlewood didn't want us to throw the challenge which would have ended csudak's game very, very early.

good times though!!

great job Pola !!  congrats to horvie and ghutton !!

eat it STEVE !!

Happy New Years bitchez, and here's to a great 2013 !!
12/31/2012 9:03 PM (edited)
Not that it matters anymore, but it was "character assassination".  You'd be ****** off if someone was lying about you as well, especially if you had no way to set the truth straight, I would assume (though, maybe you wouldn't care).

I do care tho, I enjoy playing these games.  I play a certain way, I don't lie and I don't break alliances.  By playing that way, it lets others in the game know what they can expect from me.  By your lies, implying that I had some sort of side deal/plan to turn on my alliance in order to join up with the "vets", you absolutely affect they way I'm viewed in future versions of the game...if they believed you.  Now that you've admitted it, hopefully that damage is at least partially undone.

12/31/2012 9:21 PM
ugh, here we go again.  more of your soapbox speeches.

i guess its not far from the real thing on TV -- you're one of those players who loves to make those ridiculous soapbox speeches.  the i'm better than you because i never lied.  i play the game with integrity.  blah, blah, blah.

:o  -- that's my surprise face.  the guy who can't believe that "someone" deceived to him in a game of deception.  well golfpro lied to you.  get over it.  he broke your alliance, and furthermore he wanted you eliminated first.  for whatever reason casey survived and you didn't.  get over it and stop blowing this thing out of proportion -- it was fun -- and i don't think anyone thinks any more or less of you -- in fact no one probably thinks of you at all.  with skin so thin i'm surprised this game is suited to you at all.
12/31/2012 9:40 PM
Who said I was better than you?  I just said that your lies possibly affect the way I'm viewed in future games, and that I don't appreciate it.

Anyway, let's all go out and have fun.  Congrats in advance to the winner, see you next year.

12/31/2012 9:53 PM
I have 7 of the 9 votes.

I'm going to be leaving for a belated Xmas party at 11 today. Which is at a bar. Ill be checking in but I more than likely will be posting a game recap very drunk later tonight...
1/1/2013 10:54 AM
Posted by bhazlewood on 12/31/2012 7:52:00 PM (view original):

A note to ghutton -- I didn't think the "gang of four" backstabbed me, but I did feel very let down by horvie for not fighting harder to "keep" me.  I had  been told that it was two in favor of keeping me (horvie and trevnasty) and two in favor of dubs (you and jhard).  I felt then (and still feel, despite how the game turned out), that the smarter strategic move going in to the final 10 was to keep me, because ALL of my previous allies (golfpro, psap, coach_deen) were out of the game, and for me to go any further I HAD to depend on  and side with the four of you.  Dubs had other allies in still in play, which I thought he would use to crack your alliance.  I thought that because he and I discussed that very thing had we somehow both made it to the final 10.  (DAMN YOU DARREN McFADDEN).

I definitely understand why you were let down by my vote.  I did, however, extend your life in this game during the vote previous to that one.  At the beginning of tribe defeated, my alliance struck a deal with Dubs to become the 5th member.  He was aligned with Stalagna...so the voting order was supposed to be redraider, you, and then stalagna.  The morning of the 2nd elimination, I made a case for voting out stalagna instead of you.  Two of the guys changed their mind.  Add your vote and my vote...that gave stalagna 4 votes, which kept you safe by a vote of 4-3.
1/2/2013 1:15 AM
I have all of the votes. I'm going to keep the suspense until the morning because I have some of the old letters saved on my work computer and I want to read back through them to see if there is anytging worth posting.

Update and game recap in the AM!
1/2/2013 1:26 AM
Well another Survivor has come and gone....  

I'll start the recap with the idols.....    The first idol seems to have gotten many mislead clues... I can't tell you who was changing the clues b/c I can't see that.. but the real clues were as follows:

After buying some Grey Goose  at one bar, I remember drinking at the Cubby Bear; and after the Cubby Bear,  I remember only doing 1 Shot at a third tavern

I remember cringing thinking about the Patron  and the Johnny Walker I bought them at the two different bars; neither of which was what I drank at John Barleycorn

I remember doing two shots of something at Murphy's Bleachers.

I am confident that I did less shots at  Sluggers than the amount of Jack Daniels I slammed at a different bar.

I know I did 5 shots of Jagrmeister.  I love Jagrmeister.

I know for sure I didn't drink Johnny Walker at the Stretch.

The Cubby Bear was out of Jack Daniels.

I know I did more than one shot at Sluggers and I didn't drink Grey Goose there.

I was told the last bar that I went to was sluggers.

If you solve this puzzle, the correct answer would be:

5 shots. of Jagrmeister at Cubby Bear (Second)

4 shots of Jack Daniels at John Barleycorn (forth)

3 shots of Johnny Walker at Sluggers (fith)

2 shots  of Grey Goose at Murphy's Bleachers (first)

1 Shot of Patron at The Stretch (third)

GHUTTON9 was the first to solve this... and received the Idol of Albert Einstein (as this type of puzzle is commonly referred as )

1/2/2013 9:25 AM
The second Idol... Escape from Bonez Garage.....  Well.. if anyone has any specific questions about the puzzles  I'll answer them.. I'm not going to give the exact walkthrough of the game...

ghutton9 was also the first to solve this... in the AM the day after I posted it... I don't remember who now... but someone also solved it 15 minutes after he did....

This gave him the most powerful idol in the game, the Idol of PolaBonez... which he gave to Arfy.  This got past around quite a bit in the game, but eventually went home with Arfy. 

Arfy tried giving it back to jhard70 when he was up for a revote when the votes were coming in, but I did not allow it and the idol went home with him.
1/2/2013 9:29 AM
The Third idol...... These were the correct clues given out:

Use YOUR BRAIN
DECEMBER 21, 1968
GERMAN TYPE IXC
EMPIRE STATE EXPRESS

This was a pretty easy one....  December 21 1968 was the launch of Apollo 8, The German Type IXC was a U-Boat Submarine, and the Empire State Express was one of the largest passenger trains.... all three famous exibits now at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.  The BRAIN would have told you that the idol was in the "Brain/Mind" Exhibit at the museum

Csudak found this idol, and successfully played it to avoid elimination.

1/2/2013 9:34 AM
Some Letters from early on in the game:

dublinuf
To:
polabonez
Received:
10/31/2012 12:43:00 PM
Subject:
Dear Tyson
That's right, I am still in the game in week three. That's crazy talk. How do they let me get five people in.

Now, this by no means says that I have any chance of winning whatsoever. I don't I have just way too big a target.

Still, I did form some coalitions early. I made a deal with sjurat on day one that is a UF thing. I haven't heard a bunch from him, but we are on different tribes, so who knows. I will hold up to my end and not vote for him ever, but let's see if he does the same.

I also have a deal with Arfy. Not sure if I can trust him, but I certainly believe that if I didn't he would target me immediately. He is very strong at influencing other tribes to get rid of people, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had something to do with both mr_mojo and stevedotdec's departure, as he told me not to trust them.

I have a four-person thing in my tribe with bhouska, stalagna and nyaggie. Though, nyaggie was referenced in from Arfy, so I am not sure if he is really on my side. ffbplayergod also approached after we had voted out the other two. Would be nice to keep winning because I think those alliances are more tested than the theoretical ones with Arfy and sjurat, and the more sure votes you get in the game, the better.

Again, no chance I win, smart money is on a new player, so I will say bhouska, though that is just to fulfill a requirement, I really have no idea who will win.
1/2/2013 9:36 AM
nyaggie98
To:
Polabonez
Received:
10/31/2012 11:56:00 AM
Subject:
Letter to a Friend
This game of survivor is playing out like the previous one for me. Last time I formed an early alliance with the eventual champ awags and rode his coat tails to the top 5 or 6, this time I aligned mainly with dublinuf from my current team and arfy on a different team. Hopefully the outcome this time is different from last time because if I had to I would change alliances and vote off anyone to continue on in this game. I gonna win this thing and screw over anyone in my way.
1/2/2013 9:37 AM
◂ Prev 1...88|89|90|91|92...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.