GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

psap
To:
polabonez
Received:
10/31/2012 3:18:00 PM
Subject:
A letter to my friend
First -- great job with this game! I am a first time player and I am thoroughly enjoying it. All you involved with this (and other) games should take the damn things private for profit. It's more enjoyable than GD and better run.

So let me tell you about stevedotdec and csudak ; pals of yours i believe in some manner. Together they were my biggest immediate threat.

This is a tough game for a new player. So many people playing who have played together before. Nothing wrong with that, just a built in uphill disadvantage to the new player/s who are relatively unaware of the built in bias against them.

I doubt that i will go that far, though i am playing my hardest to do so. I was the instigator of the ASI tribe -- and i mean instigator in more ways than one. I formed the 11th hour alliance between myself, bhazlewood, coach_deen, and finally golfpro71. It took me up to 1 hour prior to the vote to construct a deal strong enough to get golfpro71 to break his alliance with csudak, redraider, and stevedotdec. I won't share the details of the agreement, but the clincher to an already intelligently crafted agreement was to let him pick the victims. He choose stevedotdec first.

I then posted as SteveDotDec_Is_Dead anonymously. It was my attempt to wake up the first time players such as myself to inform them anonymously that if the vets have the numbers at the merge we are all in big trouble. I still think we are in trouble, though i am happy to see an equal amount of vet and rookie eliminations so far. At this point it is still a jump ball to see if being a vet is an advantage, or now possibly a disadvantage. I guess it depends what tribe you are in, what the total numbers will be, and how many pre-merger alliances you already have (a huge vet advantage there from playing prior games together).

I don't think i broke any rules posting as SteveDotDec_Is_Dead -- if so, i accept whatever punishment comes along with it. I was just trying to play this game best i could, and deception is certainly a large part of the game. I spoke the words i did (non-sensical, humorous, inflammatory, honestly dishonest) to throw people off the trail. I hoped others would think redraider posted it, but i knew it would most likely be attributed to golfpro71. He (golf pro) knows i posted it, and he is the only one who knows (besides you now) and he has done a good job playing off of it.

I am hoping to go as far as a can with golfpro71, and given that SteveDotDec is sharing all the intel on golfpro71 with the vets left in the game (because i think SteveDotDec is strongly convinced it was golfpro71 who did him wrong in the tribe as well as wrote the dis-info post -- while actually it was me) i am hoping golfpro71 takes the bullets as i hide behind him. I am trying to play the part of the silent puppeteer. I don't think anyone outside of our alliance even really knows who i am. My alliances are strong (i think) and we will see how far that actually goes. SteveDotDec was not targeted, he was just the strongest player on the wrong side of the alliance when it all shook out pre-vote.

I hope discretion will be your M.O. as i share this info with you as it may add to your enjoyment of watching the game from the outside. And as long as i have that promise that all info shared is discrete i will be happy to share more if you have interest -- just let me know. Plus its fun to give a little bit of "Being Liverpool" / "Hard Knocks" from the inside kind of view.

Now, to make me really happy, how about putting together an EPL or Champions League challenge one of these times while i am still in the game!!!

psap
1/2/2013 9:38 AM
bhazlewood
To:
polabonez
Received:
10/31/2012 3:37:00 PM
Subject:
A letter from Survivor Island

I trust this missive finds you in excellent health. I shall endeavor, in my own humble way, to illuminate the situation on "Survivor Island" as I may, given the limited nature of my understanding.

I must admit, the time on Survivor Island has been quite invigorating. I had some vague awareness, by reputation only, of some of my tribemates, and so was pleasantly surprised to find that none of them turned out to be as -- how should I phrase this? -- uncouth as I feared. Only one or two of them ACTUALLY drag their knuckles, but one cannot expect everyone to grasp and embrace the niceties of civilized society.

Our trip to the "Tribal Council" was fraught with charges, counter-charges, promises, appeals, counter appeals, and what not. Oh, the drama! It was all rather dreadful, I must say. And the final decision quite nearly upset my constitution completely. Having been courted by both cadres, I found myself in the unenviable position of being the "swing vote" - unenviable, of course, for the worrisome nature of having to commit to one group or the other without benefit of adequate fellowship upon which to base my selection. I trust, however, that I chose wisely; time, will, of course, be the final barometer of the sagacity of the decision.

It seems, to my great surprise, that quite a few of my fellow castaways have not just heard of my humble publication; some appear to be avaricious consumers thereof. I fear, however, that this bit of celebrity is more bane than boon. Ultimately, any alleged "popularity" due to the GUESS reports may be perceived by my opponents as an advantage to be eliminated quickly, lest it somehow prove to be of benefit in final voting. Ah, if such were only true! Still, the perception of the threat is oft-times more dangerous than the threat itself, and I fear this shall be the case in our present circumstance.

As to who may eventually emerge victorious from this little contest, I cannot say. My suspicion is that it will be one of the 'unknowns" flying under the radar. I shall, of course, endeavor as best one can that our efforts shall have some little effect upon the outcome, should God and my tribemates take pity upon us to perform so.

I shall correspond again if circumstance allows. Until then, I remain,

Yours Very Truly,

bhazlewood
1/2/2013 9:39 AM

csudak

To:

polabonez

Received:

10/31/2012 6:47:00 PM

Subject:

Letter to a friend

Where the **** do I start?????????

Before the game started I reached out to caesari about having a solid alliance of 2 to the end. He was new to survivor, but new alot of people, so I thought he might be a good mix of getting info from people without having any allegiance to anyone else yet.

Then, once we got tribe assignments I reached out to stevedotdec about having a solid alliance of 2 in the tribe and hope to bring in 2 others to have a majority. Before I had a chance to reach out golfpro and redraider both reached out looking to team up. Perfect, there was our group of 4. Nothing to worry about. Then we lost, and all hell broke loose. Psap starts sending out panic sitemails about who to vote out. Bhazle suddenly arises and says he is looking to join up and I hear nothing from coach_deen. People start asking who should go. I throw out coach_deen since no one has heard from him. When my vote goes in, I believe, me, steve, bob, golf, and redraider are all voting coach_deen. The rest you know as steve is gone and some little ***** posted on the forum about basically starting a revolt against veteran players.

I know it was psap who made the post and I'm 99% that golfpro was the flip flopper from the core 4 of me, steve, red, and golf. Me and steve think golf was ****** from a couple of games ago when I screwed him, but that doesn't make too much sense since he would have voted me.

If you had asked me before the vote of my chances of winning, I would have said extremely high, and I feel like I could have at least got to the top 3 or 4 with who I had been talking to about getting to the end.

Now, I'm hoping to just make it to the next merge. If I can get back to a place of being in the majority i'll feel better about my chances. If I had to pick who would be the winner at this point, I'm going with bhazlewood. I actually think people would feel bad voting him off since he puts in so much work with the reports and he knows so many people because of them.

That's all I got for now, hopefully I'm around for the next letter.

1/2/2013 9:39 AM
ARFY

Oh how I have missed you!

So here's the deal. I am in a very tight 3 man alliance. Me, jhard70, and Ghutton. I invited them both to come play survivor, so now I know they won't waver. Those two are teamed up with Trevnasty and Horvie. So I am kind of in their ear about what to do. I was hoping for them to keep mr. mojo, but apparently trevnasty and Horv felt mojo was too much of a threat. I figured I would have to sacrafice mojo so that I can keep their 4 strong together as I know they won't turn against me. So we are actually a 5 man alliance even though 2 of them don't know it.

In my tribe I am aligned with Dustin, sjurat, and tsu. At first I was aligned with Caesari, but then I learned from someone that I was a main target of his. So I took that info and used it against him to make sure the alliance he has built in our tribe is wiped off the map. The amazing thing is that tsu and dustin had a disagreement about the challenges calling each other out and telling the tribe to vote the other one out. However, I sent our group a sitemail explaining that we need to focus and worry about the larger alliance that Caesari is involved with.

Outside of my tribe I am alligned with Dubs, and Nyaggie and I believe csudak. I am not really sure how strong this bond is, however I have been trying to keep close with Dubs. I've screwed the guy over so many times that I'd like to go far with him this time.

Gotta run!
--Arfy
1/2/2013 9:40 AM
horvie78
To:
polabonez
Received:
10/31/2012 9:46:00 PM
Subject:
letter to a friend

Tyson,

First of all, thank you for hosting this wonderful and creative game. I've always been a fan of sports and survivor, so I have enjoyed playing. It's the first time I've interacted with other WIS users besides the occasional conference message board post. I've also spent a lot more time analyzing for the challenges than I originally planned.

I noticed that there were plenty of returning users, so my plan was to form an alliance right off the bat with new & inexperienced players. I immediately aligned with jhard70 and trevnasty...then together, we convinced ghutton9 to be our 4th. Our first target was Mr. Mojo. In sharing strategy, we learned that he was trying to make an alliance with everybody except myself, so he was not to be trusted.

My biggest frustration was with our former captain, kevintam90. In the world series and fantasy football challenges, we had a group consensus for our roster but he ended up submitting his own off-the-wall picks. We finished last in both challenges.

I am not very confident that I will win, which is why I am making an effort to find an idol. I feel comfortable with my position right now...but I am worried that once we merge, the experienced players will team up and control the game. My pick to win is an experienced player from the Sneaky Yen: arfy, caesari, or dustin. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Sincerely,

Horvie78
1/2/2013 9:40 AM
ghutton

Just thought I would point out that ghutton9 did not send me the first wave of letters... and that he got the first idol without ever receiving a clue for trade.
1/2/2013 9:41 AM

LETTERS FROM 11/29 (Second run of letters home)

Arfy
To:
polabonez
Received:
11/29/2012 12:50:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to home

First of all. I still need to know. What the heck is a Polabonez?

I feel pretty darn good about this game. As long as we don't have any ping pong or mini putt challenges when we get to individual, we should be good. 

I can pretty much tell you who is going home each challenge. Whoever I decide. Some of the times, it doesn't really matter and I just let them do what they want.
1/2/2013 9:42 AM
dublinuf
To:
polabonez
Received:
11/29/2012 1:00:00 PM
Subject:
I am pretty done
I have a tentative friendship with Arfy again, and am close to sjurat, but stalagna was the last member of my alliance around.

horvie, trev, ghutton and jhard are in a very tight alliance, so it will be between me and Bob if there is another vote, and since they just betrayed me and stalagna in the last vote, that seems not strong.

I have no path to winning that I see, so we will see how it goes. There is no chance if defeated loses two more times. I kind of needed stalagna and ffb, which Arfy screwed up by making 30 alliances again.
1/2/2013 9:43 AM
jhard70
To:
polabonez
Received:
11/29/2012 11:15:00 PM
Subject:
Letter

Greetings from the island. It's been awhile since my last letter so I hope this one finds you in great health.
Life on the island has been fun, but stressful at times. I was named the captain after our last merge for Team Defeated which was a blessing and a curse. Being the captain provides a nice opportunity to interact with everyone in my tribe, but the curse is trying to compile the feedback for each challenge and ensure that every man is heard. I never would have imagined me and three other members of my first alliance would end up in the same tribe again. (trevnasty, horvie, ghutton) That's actually crazy! It was a great turn of events for us because it has given us the power within the tribe.
When we first merged, dublinuf reached out to us in hopes of being our 5th man which we agreed. Dubs also shared that stalagna was paired with him and requested for him to be #6 in an alliance.
We all agreed that redraider would be the first to go if we lost a challenge because he really wasn't connected to any of us and he altered one of the idol clues. Let's just say, some of us didn't trust him. It was smooth sailing until we lost our second challenge. In a turn of events, stalagna(#6) was voted off the island instead of bhazlewood which definitely made a strong statement to Dubs that he could be next. I thought it was a good move strategically to vote off stalagna but didn't want to go back on my word so I voted for bhazlewood. 
I believe that I am safe at this point and like my chances of getting to the final five if my alliance continues to control the vote. I have kept in regular contact with Arfy and believe if he can make it to the next merge, me getting to the final three is a strong possibility. Having the Idol of Polabonez in my possession definitely makes the days less stressful. (I polish it daily and keep it placed on my mantle :-))
Time will tell what happens next but, until then....Peace!

J.W. (jhard70)
1/2/2013 9:43 AM
csudak
To:
polabonez
Received:
11/29/2012 8:31:00 PM
Subject:
Letter to home

There are times I think I'm in control and then I wonder if I'm the next one gone. I did get a little lucky that my tribes haven't been voting too much. The whole golfpro/fake pola thing really worked to my advantage.

He thought he was going to blackmail me, and instead of trying to back track, I just threw it in his face. That made many in the tribe believe that I was a stand up guy that could be trusted, and gained me some alliances.

Right now, the victors have a core group of 6 with me, arfy, caesari, nyaggie, sjurat, and tsut. If we have to vote, coach_deen is gone. I believe me and caesari are tight, and i know aggie has my back. I know arfy and tsut are together and it seems like sjurat and tsut are together from the outside, but I dont' think they are. I just think they have been on the same side of alliance by chance.

There is a big part of me that wants to oust arfy on the next vote and I know I could talk aggie into it. I'm just afraid that if I do that and **** off too many people, it will come back to haunt me. 

If coach deen goes next, then I think the group is going to want to oust sjurat. I'm going to try to get aggie and caesari to vote arfy. I don't think I can ever win the game with arfy in it. Ideally I'd like to get to the final 4 with a combo of aggie, caesari, ghutton. I've played the game closely with them and I think it would be an interesting final 4.

Oh well, hope all is well with you, and hopefully the clue can get me the idol. I've never had one.
1/2/2013 10:19 AM (edited)
ghutton9
To:
polabonez
Received:
11/29/2012 11:49:00 AM
Subject:
Letter Home
Well, I'm not sure why I'm writing this letter really. I got the first idol without even writing one. Of course some help from a great alliance and connections will get you somewhere. This is the second time I've played survivor and last time I made it past the first merge and got booted. This time I have better connections. As a matter of fact, those connections helped me get the second idol as well. I guess I'm figuring that maybe I can get this third one also. Wouldn't that be something? 

A little about the game now. It's been a great time. Originally my plan was to make it as far as I could while helping out Arfy, who sent me a message about playing in the first place. Soon after the original tribes were put together Arfy directed me into joining up with jhard70, and we teamed with horvie78 and trevnasty to form a real solid alliance. We've been helpful to each other and pretty straight forward. I was deceived by golfpro at one point, and I turned the tables on him and made sure he didn't stick around after I found out all the intel he had on everyone. He released all the info anyway. I ended up making it back to the latest merge where I landed in a tribe with my previous alliance and we had full control. At this point we have a good shot to all land in the final merge. At that point we could have a target on our back. That could actually help me. If Arfy leads the charge against our known alliance, then I could make it pretty far and possibly win. My confidence in winning is pretty good, but if I don't then I'm going to try and make sure Arfy or jhard do.
1/2/2013 9:44 AM
horvie78
To:
polabonez
Received:
11/29/2012 7:23:00 PM
Subject:
letter from home

Right now, I feel like I am in a great position on my current tribe. I am pretty much a lock to make the merge, granted we actually win some challenges. Thank God Tampa Bay came back to defeat Carolina, or else I would've been toast in the victors tribe. 

I will not be as confident when we do actually merge. Because of the golfpro fiasco, everybody knows that trev, jhard, ghutton, and myself have been teaming up. Most of the victors tribe members are Survivor veterans and know how to play this game...I'm sure they see us as a threat and will be gunning for us once the tribes have merged. 

My alliance needs at least 1 more member that will stick with us until the end. It would be great if Coach Deen made the merge, because I know that he would join our alliance....but it looks like he will be the next victor member voted out. My alliance is currently debating whether to keep Dubs or Bhaze if we have to vote again. Dubs promises to stick with us until the final 5...he says all of his previous alliance members have been voted out. I don't trust him...I know that he has played and hosted this game before and think he is saying whatever is required to keep himself around. I see him jumping to the other side at the merge. Yesterday, I convinced my alliance to keep bhaze around...they were going to vote him out because Dubs was tight with stalagna. I believe that bhaze would stick with us until the final 5. I worked with him in the last tribe and he was always honest. The benefit for bhaze to stick with us is that he would be a powerful swing vote at the final 5 tribal. If my alliance can't secure a 5th member at the merge, then it will be important to use ghutton's second immunity idol at the correct time.

Horvie
1/2/2013 9:45 AM
TOP 3 PREDICTIONS:

In my last letter to home (before the merge) with 9 of you left, I asked you to write a letter and predict who was going to be coming with you to the top 3

Here was everyone's predictions at that time:

sjurat:  DUBS + CSUDAK
arfy:  JHARD + GHUTTON
trevnasty: JHARD + HORVIE
jhard70:  ARFY + GHUTTON
dublinuf: ARFY + JHARD
csudak: ARFY, TSUT
tsut30: ARFY + SUDAK
ghutton9:  ARFY + JHARD
horvie78: JHARD + TREVNASTY
1/2/2013 9:51 AM

stevedotdec had asked me which way his execution vote went...  I have most of them saved, but I'm not going to post them all here.. so if you don't know by now who ousted you you can ask and I'll check which way it went...

Vote two went like this:

VOTE 2 (ASI'S)
stevedotdec psap
stevedotdec bhazlewood
stevedotdec golfpro71
stevedotdec coach_deen (late)
coach_deen redraider68
coach_deen csudak
coach_deen stevedotdec

1/2/2013 9:56 AM

I'll give anyone who wants some time to read through this with any questions.. and will announce the winner at Noon today

1/2/2013 9:57 AM
◂ Prev 1...89|90|91|92|93...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.