GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Really?  Not a single comment about the alliance that no one had a clue about?
I've known about that alliance since the ffb vote, actually
1/2/2013 6:38 PM
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by psap on 1/2/2013 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 1/2/2013 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by psap on 1/2/2013 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 1/2/2013 3:40:00 PM (view original):
Actually I wanted bhouska - bringing in horvie caused a huge spat between psap and me - psap was convinced that I had an end-game alliance with dubs and Arfy because I traded idol clues with them, and I was ticked at psap for inviting someone into our group of four without talking about it first.
that was a crazy day.  i was POSITIVE that you had something on with dubs and stalagna.  good times!
That probably had as much to do with coach_deen's heart attack as anything LOL!
we so could have changed the game early on if you allowed golfpro and I to throw that poker challenge and get rid of Casey.
I fully expected to wake up that next morning seeing our tribe lost and that I was gone.

I will say this psap, I appreciate what you were trying to do in that you didn't want the vets to team up and pick off the rookies, but I still think you went about it the wrong way.  You made the play a little too early and with a little too much bravado, also, you couldn't have picked 2 worse people to plot against than me and steve.  And what I mean by that is Steve plays the game straighter than anyone, and to be honest, until the arfy vote in this one, I have never voted against someone who I have worked with. I know it wasn't personal against me and steve, we were just in the wrong tribe, but just like you didn't want to be targeted, it sucks to have the target on your back right away.  I always try to play the first few rounds based on performance in challenges. Coach_deen didn't respond to anything and didn't even want to play.  Why keep someone like that around just to make a splash when you have someone like steve who actually wants to be a part of it. 

"Why keep someone like that around just to make a splash when you have someone like steve who actually wants to be a part of it. "

you gotta ask golfpro about that one.  didn't matter to me who it was going to be at that point as long as it wasn't me.  i would have preferred that the first vote was actually for you as Steve and I never even had a single conversation in this game while he was briefly in it.
1/2/2013 6:40 PM
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by horvie78 on 1/2/2013 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ghutton9 on 1/2/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
He's correct. He sent me another sitemail saying he was only thinking out loud and didn't want to go through with it. We would've been screwed though to lose a person at the final 8 so I went with it.
I told Csudak he was guaranteed final 5 (which I never had plans of breaking) with a possibility of being a swing vote to the final 3. 

-----Original Message-----
To: horvie78
Sent: 12/13/2012 10:30:00 PM
Subject: RE: revote

I'm fine with the final 5, then letting it play out and letting the challenges do the talking.

To: csudak
Sent: 12/13/2012 8:09:00 PM

Trevnasty and Ghutton both want you as an alliance member. Ghutton said he already spoke with you about it. Jhard sent me a quick sitemail this morning and said he can't check in again until 10pm MTN...he's been having some sort of crisis at work...i still need to catch him up on what went down the last 2 days and then I'm pretty sure he will also be in. Together we will be guaranteed final 5. Trev and Ghutton would both like Dubs voted out next, as long as he doesn't win immunity. Who do you want?

To be completely honest, I can't guarantee final 3 at this point. I haven't given much deep thought about who is on the jury and what the pecking order is from our original 4 person group. Right now, I feel pretty low about my pecking order after the last vote...ghutton and trev both knew I needed them to vote Arfy, and then told me it was a mistake to vote Arfy and that they were voting Dubs. It would have cost me if you or tsut voted for me instead of Arfy. So I am thinking about making some sort of play, but am not sure yet.

I knew what I was getting into with you guys.  I knew I had the idol, so by final 5 I really meant final 4. What people don't realize, is if I went with dubs, tsut, and sjurat, I was still only guaranteed final 4, cause the idol would get me no further and assumed word got to dubs that I was the one who got arfy tossed, so he wasn't going to bring me to the end.

6 of one, half dozen of the other in my opinion.

lol, as far as I knew, I had a Final 3 deal with you and sjurat from sitemails from sjurat. 

My policy again was, as long as its not me.

Besides, you stabbing Arfy in the back doesn't hurt my chances of getting Arfy's vote.
1/2/2013 6:41 PM
only a few more pages to go until 100 !
1/2/2013 6:41 PM
Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by polabonez on 1/2/2013 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Sounds about right.

You did forget

3.  Make an alliance with all 28 players and sling information everywhere so your name gets brought up in every sitemail
Ha ha!  I never made an alliances except for the one with jhard and ghut.  I was very specific in my wording with people.    I never said we were in an alliance, I always just suggested voting patterns.  I was quite shocked when Dubs had me call him and he mentioned that we had a final two deal.  There was no way I would have done that. 
Yeah, I was just running scenarios, my Final 2 deal was with sjurat, but I never have an issue lying to Arfy, because its Arfy. He's not the same as everyone else.
1/2/2013 6:45 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 1/2/2013 6:41:00 PM (view original):
He's correct. He sent me another sitemail saying he was only thinking out loud and didn't want to go through with it. We would've been screwed though to lose a person at the final 8 so I went with it.
I told Csudak he was guaranteed final 5 (which I never had plans of breaking) with a possibility of being a swing vote to the final 3. 

I'm fine with the final 5, then letting it play out and letting the challenges do the talking.

Trevnasty and Ghutton both want you as an alliance member. Ghutton said he already spoke with you about it. Jhard sent me a quick sitemail this morning and said he can't check in again until 10pm MTN...he's been having some sort of crisis at work...i still need to catch him up on what went down the last 2 days and then I'm pretty sure he will also be in. Together we will be guaranteed final 5. Trev and Ghutton would both like Dubs voted out next, as long as he doesn't win immunity. Who do you want?

To be completely honest, I can't guarantee final 3 at this point. I haven't given much deep thought about who is on the jury and what the pecking order is from our original 4 person group. Right now, I feel pretty low about my pecking order after the last vote...ghutton and trev both knew I needed them to vote Arfy, and then told me it was a mistake to vote Arfy and that they were voting Dubs. It would have cost me if you or tsut voted for me instead of Arfy. So I am thinking about making some sort of play, but am not sure yet.

I knew what I was getting into with you guys.  I knew I had the idol, so by final 5 I really meant final 4. What people don't realize, is if I went with dubs, tsut, and sjurat, I was still only guaranteed final 4, cause the idol would get me no further and assumed word got to dubs that I was the one who got arfy tossed, so he wasn't going to bring me to the end.

lol, as far as I knew, I had a Final 3 deal with you and sjurat from sitemails from sjurat. 

Besides, you stabbing Arfy in the back doesn't hurt my chances of getting Arfy's vote.
I can honestly say I don't remember getting one sitemail from sjurat with your name in it. Oh well.
1/2/2013 6:46 PM
And for the record, and sjurat will back me up on this, I told him several times that he had to get rid of Arfy before the merge, because if Arfy was still there, I would have to start working with him again and none of our plans would work.
1/2/2013 6:47 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 1/2/2013 6:47:00 PM (view original):
And for the record, and sjurat will back me up on this, I told him several times that he had to get rid of Arfy before the merge, because if Arfy was still there, I would have to start working with him again and none of our plans would work.
He did want to bounce arfy, and I even warned arfy about it, but he didn't believe me.  Here was the sitemail:

Arfy
To:
csudak
Received:
12/4/2012 7:17:00 PM
Subject:
RE: fyi

To: Arfy
Sent: 12/4/2012 7:06:00 PM
Subject: RE: fyi

He told me.

Sent: 12/4/2012 6:39:00 PM
Subject: RE: fyi

What makes you think this?

To: Arfy
Sent: 12/4/2012 5:49:00 PM
Subject: fyi

Sjurat wants you out. If it comes down to it I would say he is next, or aggie. Or me, lol.

1/2/2013 6:49 PM
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 6:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 6:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Congrats Horvie,  I only voted ghutton cause he did have the knowledge of my idol, didn't reveal it to anyone, and could have easily blindsided me.

I knew about it.  I think told Dubs, not sure.  I know Horvie knew about it as I was trying to get them to make you use it and flush it out.
From ghutton, or because of my awesome diversion techniques?
From Both
Bastard.  Just for that my team isn't going to lie down to him in Pine Tar anymore.

I'm not gonna lie, when you sent me the sitemail saying congrats on getting an idol, I was so confused because at that point I hadn't told anyone.

To clarify this, I told Arfy that I thought you had it before you admitted it to me. After your guess is when I assumed you got it. After I knew for sure, I never brought it up again because it would have ruined all plans. 
1/2/2013 6:52 PM
Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ghutton9 on 1/2/2013 6:12:00 PM (view original):
Casey, you played a really good game. The odds were against you many times and you made it to the final 3. That's pretty impressive.
I was impressed.  I would have voted him to win over almost everyone in this game.
+1

After the way we started out, for Casey to get all the way to final three is crazy impressive!
1/2/2013 7:06 PM
Posted by csudak on 1/2/2013 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 1/2/2013 6:41:00 PM (view original):

I can honestly say I don't remember getting one sitemail from sjurat with your name in it. Oh well.
He didn't mention either of our names. He had a note that said, its the three of us to the Final 3 right?

So, I sent him a sitemail back saying, who did you send that to other than me?

He told me csudak.

It is at this point I should have sitemailed you. I think the entire game would have gone differently if I had.
1/2/2013 7:21 PM
Though I did just find this sitemail from a week after that:

sjurat
To:
dublinuf
Received:
12/7/2012 12:49:00 PM
Subject:
Last Stand Guys

sjurat
csudak
dubs

If we play this correctly, and not doublecross folks --- we could end up in the Final 3 --- afterwhich --- best man wins.

Do either of you 2 have an idol --- or hints on to find the idol?

My Yale team has a good chance this season for a long run in the playoffs and I pledge its use to save either one of you guys.

Good Luck,

Trent

1/2/2013 7:24 PM
Lol @ "I never have an issue lying to arfy, because its arfy"
1/2/2013 7:29 PM
how do you get into the next one this seems like fun
1/2/2013 7:30 PM
Posted by dublinuf on 1/2/2013 7:24:00 PM (view original):
Though I did just find this sitemail from a week after that:

sjurat
To:
dublinuf
Received:
12/7/2012 12:49:00 PM
Subject:
Last Stand Guys

sjurat
csudak
dubs

If we play this correctly, and not doublecross folks --- we could end up in the Final 3 --- afterwhich --- best man wins.

Do either of you 2 have an idol --- or hints on to find the idol?

My Yale team has a good chance this season for a long run in the playoffs and I pledge its use to save either one of you guys.

Good Luck,

Trent

I don't remember this and I feel like I would have responded back to both of you as is my MO. 

Trent, did you really sent this to me?

1/2/2013 7:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...95|96|97|98|99...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.