Why Did You Pick The Team You Have? Topic

I am sure this has been asked before but I thought I would pose the Question again. I was wondering...What made you pick the team you have? For me it was the fact that Wabash is about an hour drive from me. I wanted Rose Hulman because i am only 20 minutes from there but it was taken.
10/13/2012 11:23 AM
The first team I ever had was, and still is Manchester in Iba 8 years ago.  I wanted Mt. St. Joe, which is a mile from my house, or Thomas More, which is still closs, but they were not open.  Manchester was open and in the same conference, Heartland, so I picked them.  I was tempted to pick Ohio Northern, but even though I have a degree from there, I feel no real attachment to the school.  (Long story). 

Every team I have had since then, maybe 20 - 25 over the years, I picked purely by the conference they were in, the rebuilding that needed to be done, or as a stepping stone to get to the next level.  Of course now I have no interest in D1 or climbing the ladder.
10/14/2012 8:47 AM (edited)
I first chose Chowan beause they were in USA South conference which was realy good. Then I chose Greensboro because they were much better than Chowan. I simply chose Randolph Macon because they had a great player. ( Johnathon Johnston)
10/14/2012 8:42 AM
Kentucky St- (DII Smith)-  I wanted my favorite school, Kentucky Wesleyan but they wouldn't hire me. So Kentucky St. was my 2nd choice

Mars. Hill and Bowie St. (DII Wooden and  Rupp)-  I thought they had good locations (NC and MD) for recruiting

Transylvania (DIII Iba)- My alma mater is Georgetown College (NAIA, moving to DII next season).  Transy is only 12 miles from Georgetown so I picked them.

Drury (DII Crum)-  DIII conference mates moved up to DII and convinced me to join them. It was a tough decision because I was coaching at Muhlenberg (PA) and I'm from Muhlenberg County (KY).

Drew (Naismith)- I was at Delaware Valley but made the switch to conference-mate Drew after their coach won a NT but was banished from the game.
10/14/2012 2:01 PM (edited)
My FDUF team was pure accident. 

My SFSU team was because I wanted to move up to D1 and get Sac State, and San Francisco St was available, plus I had them before from about 6 years ago.  but things went well with SFSU so I decided to stay.

I joined another world in D1 to try for Sac State, but took Holy Cross to start at D1.   Why Sac State?  Because my daughter went there and just graduated. And I went to a lot of their games (mostly Football games).  I really plan on winning a championship with Sac State but that might take a long time to get the prestige up to where I can compete.  As long as 12-15 seasons.
10/19/2012 3:38 PM
Well, i guess i just chose the team because they were good.
10/21/2012 12:37 PM
real life connection to the actual program
10/25/2012 5:17 PM
Why Did You Pick The Team You Have? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.