Help for beginners 2014 Topic

OH and Aldershot is kinda dumb..even though I taught him everything he knows. I have known him for like almost 75 years
6/22/2020 3:06 AM
Bump for new players
2/14/2021 7:00 PM
Bump
4/30/2021 7:15 PM
Take those guidelines and loosen up some of the restrictions, since the salary cap increased from $50M to $70M.
6/28/2021 10:30 AM
Bump
8/4/2021 12:27 AM
Tommy want wingy
3/5/2022 8:06 PM
I have some questions if anyone wants to help a guy out.
3/7/2022 1:38 AM
Anytime Big T, anytime. Fire away!
3/7/2022 8:11 AM
pretty new to WIS... curious about advance defense and offense (more so offense, the adv defense seems pretty self explanatory)... what should be the ratio and if you're up 2 or 3 goals with 10min to go, should you stick to conservative offense or checking? or if you're down? how much time should be left before you go aggressive? 5 min? 2min? how many goals should you be down 2-3? like the time vs goals down and where it's actually worth it to go aggressive over lets say medium.

*I've followed the advice of top 3 lines conservative (under normal circumstances), and i do a traditional checking line with goons
5/9/2022 2:03 PM
Posted by CFSportsClub on 5/9/2022 2:05:00 PM (view original):
pretty new to WIS... curious about advance defense and offense (more so offense, the adv defense seems pretty self explanatory)... what should be the ratio and if you're up 2 or 3 goals with 10min to go, should you stick to conservative offense or checking? or if you're down? how much time should be left before you go aggressive? 5 min? 2min? how many goals should you be down 2-3? like the time vs goals down and where it's actually worth it to go aggressive over lets say medium.

*I've followed the advice of top 3 lines conservative (under normal circumstances), and i do a traditional checking line with goons
In my opinion AGGRESSIVE is absolutely a crap shoot... like pulling two 6s in one roll... its yield is seldom but if you have nothing to lose and absolutely want to win the game, use aggressive...
5/10/2022 12:16 AM
Posted by Sgarrista1 on 5/10/2022 12:16:00 AM (view original):

In my opinion AGGRESSIVE is absolutely a crap shoot... like pulling two 6s in one roll... its yield is seldom but if you have nothing to lose and absolutely want to win the game, use aggressive...
i wish there was a way to use medium for 5min and then turn it up to aggressive with 2 min left if need be. Being aggressive for 5 min straight seems excessive, unless you have possession. Been gradually getting better at hockey... really enjoy it - just haven't figured out the entire strategy part, im sure some of you have it down to a science by now
5/10/2022 2:18 PM
Posted by CFSportsClub on 5/10/2022 2:18:00 PM (view original):

i wish there was a way to use medium for 5min and then turn it up to aggressive with 2 min left if need be. Being aggressive for 5 min straight seems excessive, unless you have possession. Been gradually getting better at hockey... really enjoy it - just haven't figured out the entire strategy part, im sure some of you have it down to a science by now
Send me a sitemail if u want and I can guide u a bit = I only have 5 cups with the 3 accounts that I have used... so I am still a ”student” too LOL but 2 people that taught me has 100s of cups thru the years.
5/11/2022 5:23 PM

I looked at the teams u have and I saw certain players with D ratings for the money... and goalies... and I believe I know who started to help :-) you with certain players ...cus the person who helped me used the same skaters/goalies :-)
5/11/2022 5:40 PM
Posted by Sgarrista1 on 5/11/2022 5:40:00 PM (view original):

I looked at the teams u have and I saw certain players with D ratings for the money... and goalies... and I believe I know who started to help :-) you with certain players ...cus the person who helped me used the same skaters/goalies :-)
I've read the forums in depth for any hints and I've looked at who's most successful in my leagues and then looked up players and see who meshed based on the rules given... when i get down the basics and win a little more consistently, I may start playing with it more. The newest team I have i tinkered with the traditional 4 centers/4 LW/4 RW rule and added more centers seeing if it makes a difference. Im really enjoying the hockey and football dynasty on here... ive tried the other ones... nfl im still trying to get... but may just stick to hockey and dynasty for now
5/12/2022 1:45 PM
Posted by CFSportsClub on 5/12/2022 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Sgarrista1 on 5/11/2022 5:40:00 PM (view original):

I've read the forums in depth for any hints and I've looked at who's most successful in my leagues and then looked up players and see who meshed based on the rules given... when i get down the basics and win a little more consistently, I may start playing with it more. The newest team I have i tinkered with the traditional 4 centers/4 LW/4 RW rule and added more centers seeing if it makes a difference. Im really enjoying the hockey and football dynasty on here... ive tried the other ones... nfl im still trying to get... but may just stick to hockey and dynasty for now
Nice on you in re: researching the hints and advice in the forum... I tried nba basketball and college hoop but I didn’t have patience cus no one really helped me LOL

Same as baseball no one really helped me either - maybe I need to scour the forums like U did :-)

I never tried football yet
5/12/2022 10:15 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Help for beginners 2014 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.