Obama loses again. Topic

He was better than the 1st one, but he still got nailed.

Tomorriw will show that Obama really slipped on a few issues.

And he clearly lied about Benghazi.
10/16/2012 11:04 PM
Obama won tonight,  no doubt.

the last 30 minutes he took over. 

10/16/2012 11:12 PM
Slight advantage to Romney.  Obama avoided direct answers to questions.  And I thought Romney did a very good job of driving home the idea that four more years of Obama would be just more of the same as the last four years.
10/16/2012 11:14 PM
romney did kill it on economy though,
10/16/2012 11:37 PM
CNN poll had R+8 and President Obama won anyway.
10/16/2012 11:43 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Obama did much better than the first go round, while Romney was the same.

The deciding factor was their likeableness. Obama came across better, as Romney made me cringe every time he'd address an old question just to get the last word. 
10/16/2012 11:52 PM
CNN post debate polls showing Obama wins. However, on key points :

Who seemed to be a stronger leader? 49% - Romney, 46% - Obama
Who was more likeable? 47% - Obama, 41% - Romney
Who spent more time attacking his opponent? 49% - Obama, 35% - Romney
Who cared more about audience members? 44% - Obama, 40% - Romney
Who answered the questions more directly? 45% - Romney, 43% - Obama

Translation: The polls generally confirmed what we already know about the two candidates.  People like Romney on a personal level less than the President Obama, but leadership qualities are questionable and he has some vulnerability there. However, a second round of numbers provide a much more troubling story for Obama in that same CNN/ORC

Who would better handle the economy? 58% - Romney, 40% - Obama
Who would better handle health care? 49% - Romney, 46% - Obama.
Who would better handle taxes? 51% - Romney, 44% - Obama
Who would better handle the deficit? 59% - Romney, 36% - Obama.

Translation: Obama cannot seem to get people to buy the narrative that the economy would be in a worse spot without him. That's problematic for the President who doesn't have much to run on in this election in regards to the economy. 47 million people are on foodstamps.  The job market participation rate is the lowest in 30 years. 23 million people out of work.  Obama isn't lying when he says 5 million new jobs have been created. Then again, they aren't really new jobs, they are just making up for lost ground. Obama might say that people are in a better place, but it's hard to see that. President Obama cannot hope to see this debate put him on favorable ground when the economy is such a critical point voters are considering.

In other words, the debate tonight was a draw, or even a slight win for Obama. Fine, but it might end up being a hollow victory. More people still see Romney as having a stronger vision in this regard. As a final note, that same CNN/ORC poll is also reporting the following. 61% of those polled say Obama doesn't have a clear plan for the country's problems, compared to just 50% who say the same about Romney.

That doesn't make for a winning debate, let alone for a winning candidacy.
10/17/2012 12:52 AM (edited)
Why did Obama claim that gas was only $1.86 per gallon because the economy was on the brink of collapse?

Can someone please explain that one to me?

10/17/2012 12:54 AM
None of these debates really are going to be the deciding points of the race. 
10/17/2012 12:56 AM
Perhaps. But when the undecideds wield such a mighty sword this year, I think the debates will go a lot further than the average election year.
10/17/2012 12:58 AM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/17/2012 12:54:00 AM (view original):
Why did Obama claim that gas was only $1.86 per gallon because the economy was on the brink of collapse?

Can someone please explain that one to me?

LOL no, I can't explain half of what he says. It's all a bunch of empty rhetoric, like when he said ROMNEY wanted healthcare to be decided by congress, but HE didn't. 
10/17/2012 1:01 AM
Posted by caesari on 10/17/2012 12:56:00 AM (view original):
None of these debates really are going to be the deciding points of the race. 
First one had a big impact. I think it was really the first time most of America actually saw Romney and he scored well.
10/17/2012 1:02 AM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/17/2012 12:58:00 AM (view original):
Perhaps. But when the undecideds wield such a mighty sword this year, I think the debates will go a lot further than the average election year.
That may be true. I will concede that point.

However, the first one will be the biggest impact.

EDIT: as moy said
10/17/2012 1:06 AM
Exactly right Moy.

Everyone is pretty familiar with Obama by now, but most only know Romney through the views of the talking heads and spin doctors.

This is the time for them to actually hear directly from Romney what his plans are.

I think they are making a difference.

10/17/2012 1:08 AM
1|2|3...12 Next ▸
Obama loses again. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.