Obama loses again. Topic

Posted by seamar_116 on 10/19/2012 10:52:00 AM (view original):
McHale,

There is also another consideration, and that is what is said publicly at a given point in time might not necessarily reveal everything that is known. I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to those that have far more info than we do. And I am sure they were still piecing together what happened. You don't want to rush out and make statements that you will later have to walk back just because you had to say something. Look, we ask people to do an impossible job, under impossible circumstances. Has there ever been a president that everyone liked and agreed with? And in our hyper-heated 24/7 news cycle we just make things worse. No room for reflection, no room for diplomacy. We are in serious trouble as a nation and that goes beyond the person in the Oval Office. It is who we have become as a people, what we value, what we don't value, etc. To quote Pogo, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Except that to rush out and say it was mob action resulting from a video for 2 weeks is not saying 'we are not sure what happened'. Especially suspicious when its right before an election. To me I start asking myself what kind of integrity does a man have to deceive the american public for political gain when 4 people died due to once again.... a poorly run government with so much red tape they can't get help to those that ask for it.
10/19/2012 11:12 AM
Let me ask, if McCain was president do you think that this still would have happened?
10/19/2012 11:17 AM
I agree with the bulk of your post.

But there was NO PROTEST period.
So why push that agenda for 2 weeks?

CNN itself reported on Sept. 20: "The White House, for the first time Thursday, declared the attack that killed Stevens and three other people a terrorist attack."

bold added by me.

According to a review of briefing transcripts and administration statements, senior Obama administration officials strongly alluded to a terrorist assault and repeatedly declined to link it to an anti-Muslim video that drew protests elsewhere in the region, then suddenly a new narrative emerged Sept. 16 when U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice asserted in a series of TV appearances that the best information available indicated that the attack had spun off from a protest over the video.

Why the change? No one really has answered that question, but in the end it came to light that there never was a protest, so THAT seems strange at the very least.

10/19/2012 11:18 AM
Posted by jvford on 10/19/2012 7:55:00 AM (view original):
I don't think there's anything out there yet that includes very much post debate polling.
Missouri - 54 Romney, 43 Obama. Virginia - 50 Romney, 47 Obama. Both from Rasmussen. Both show increasing romney leads after the 2nd debate. Both indicate mitts gaffes that were pointed out in this thread were not nearly as bad as being portrayed by some here
10/19/2012 11:20 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by moy23 on 10/19/2012 11:13:00 AM (view original):
McHale,

There is also another consideration, and that is what is said publicly at a given point in time might not necessarily reveal everything that is known. I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to those that have far more info than we do. And I am sure they were still piecing together what happened. You don't want to rush out and make statements that you will later have to walk back just because you had to say something. Look, we ask people to do an impossible job, under impossible circumstances. Has there ever been a president that everyone liked and agreed with? And in our hyper-heated 24/7 news cycle we just make things worse. No room for reflection, no room for diplomacy. We are in serious trouble as a nation and that goes beyond the person in the Oval Office. It is who we have become as a people, what we value, what we don't value, etc. To quote Pogo, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Except that to rush out and say it was mob action resulting from a video for 2 weeks is not saying 'we are not sure what happened'. Especially suspicious when its right before an election. To me I start asking myself what kind of integrity does a man have to deceive the american public for political gain when 4 people died due to once again.... a poorly run government with so much red tape they can't get help to those that ask for it.
Don't forget, 2nd in command Biden, said in his debate, they didn't know!

Ignorance is not an excuse for poor leadership. Lies to the American people for 2 weeks is poor leadership. Creating gridlock in Congress due to a myway or the hiway attitude is poor leadership. Bama had a full Democratic Congress for the first 2 years and yet he blames the Repugs and GeorgeW for everything wrong.... Not taking responsibility is poor leadership.
10/19/2012 6:46 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 10/19/2012 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 10/19/2012 11:13:00 AM (view original):
McHale,

Don't forget, 2nd in command Biden, said in his debate, they didn't know!

Ignorance is not an excuse for poor leadership. Lies to the American people for 2 weeks is poor leadership. Creating gridlock in Congress due to a myway or the hiway attitude is poor leadership. Bama had a full Democratic Congress for the first 2 years and yet he blames the Repugs and GeorgeW for everything wrong.... Not taking responsibility is poor leadership.
Yeah... the whole situation reeks of either incompetence if they didn't know and can't seem to get the answer (still to this day).... or lack of ethics and integrity if they did know and tried to cover it up. Jmo.
10/19/2012 7:13 PM
bheid  <<Bama had a full Democratic Congress for the first 2 years and yet he blames the Repugs and GeorgeW for everything wrong.... Not taking responsibility is poor leadership.>>

But the rules of the Senate, (and the death of Ted Kennedy early in the term), made it possible for the Republican minority to dig their heels in. I still am amazed that Mitch McConnell said "Our priority is to make Obama a one term president." Not help the American people, try and restore the economy, etc. Let me ask you. What if Romney wins and Harry Reid says that the first day of Congress? What if the Democrats refused to go along with any legislation? How would you respond to that? The reality is Obama had about 6 months to get anything though Congress, and it obviously takes time for new members of Congress to get up to speed.
10/20/2012 3:05 AM
I can hear the crying already, and that's just fantasy.
10/20/2012 3:19 AM
Most of this thread is hilarious in light of the intelligence report about the Benghazi attack that just got released.
10/20/2012 1:25 PM
Posted by moy23 on 10/19/2012 11:20:00 AM (view original):
I don't think there's anything out there yet that includes very much post debate polling.
Missouri - 54 Romney, 43 Obama. Virginia - 50 Romney, 47 Obama. Both from Rasmussen. Both show increasing romney leads after the 2nd debate. Both indicate mitts gaffes that were pointed out in this thread were not nearly as bad as being portrayed by some here
Cherry-picking polls doesn't get Romney any closer to the White House, moy. He's got to run the table in the swing states, he's still behind in most of them, and his post-first debate momentum has already subsided.
10/20/2012 1:30 PM
Posted by antonsirius on 10/20/2012 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 10/19/2012 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Cherry-picking polls doesn't get Romney any closer to the White House, moy. He's got to run the table in the swing states, he's still behind in most of them, and his post-first debate momentum has already subsided.
No... but a little reading comprehension might get you closer to what I was discussing.... The left here claiming mitts gaffes hugely impacted the race. Mitt still has momentum even after those 'gaffes'. That's what those polls show.

As to what you are referring to... Mitt will win. I'm not too worried about that. Different discussion .
10/20/2012 2:04 PM (edited)
I'd question your knowledge of electoral politics with your citing of a Missouri poll being of importance.
10/20/2012 2:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...12 Next ▸
Obama loses again. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.