Obama loses again. Topic

Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/21/2012 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/20/2012 3:05:00 AM (view original):
bheid  <<Bama had a full Democratic Congress for the first 2 years and yet he blames the Repugs and GeorgeW for everything wrong.... Not taking responsibility is poor leadership.>>

But the rules of the Senate, (and the death of Ted Kennedy early in the term), made it possible for the Republican minority to dig their heels in. I still am amazed that Mitch McConnell said "Our priority is to make Obama a one term president." Not help the American people, try and restore the economy, etc. Let me ask you. What if Romney wins and Harry Reid says that the first day of Congress? What if the Democrats refused to go along with any legislation? How would you respond to that? The reality is Obama had about 6 months to get anything though Congress, and it obviously takes time for new members of Congress to get up to speed.
What will happen is Romney will adjust and make a deal to make things happen. Like Bush, Clinton, Reagan and every President BEFORE Obama did.

There is no magic control over Congressmen. If you amke something attracitve to their state they go for it.

Romney will not allow tax increases, but everything else is on the table.

Maybe someone should give Obama a copy of Dale Carnegie's book on winning friends and influencing people. For a genius he seems to lack people skills.
excellent job avoiding my specific and direct question Swamp.

Do you think McConnell would have compromised on anything? Everytime Obama did try to compromise he got burned by the Party above Country Party

10/22/2012 12:50 AM
bheid  <<Bama had a full Democratic Congress for the first 2 years and yet he blames the Repugs and GeorgeW for everything wrong.... Not taking responsibility is poor leadership.>>

But the rules of the Senate, (and the death of Ted Kennedy early in the term), made it possible for the Republican minority to dig their heels in. I still am amazed that Mitch McConnell said "Our priority is to make Obama a one term president." Not help the American people, try and restore the economy, etc. Let me ask you. What if Romney wins and Harry Reid says that the first day of Congress? What if the Democrats refused to go along with any legislation? How would you respond to that? The reality is Obama had about 6 months to get anything though Congress, and it obviously takes time for new members of Congress to get up to speed.
What will happen is Romney will adjust and make a deal to make things happen. Like Bush, Clinton, Reagan and every President BEFORE Obama did.

There is no magic control over Congressmen. If you amke something attracitve to their state they go for it.

Maybe someone should give Obama a copy of Dale Carnegie's book on winning friends and influencing people. For a genius he seems to lack people skills.
So is Mitt gonna let the SS payroll tax deduction expire? That will be akin to raising taxes(just like. Letting Bush Cuts expire). I'll bet Obama will.
10/22/2012 1:05 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/22/2012 12:50:00 AM (view original):

excellent job avoiding my specific and direct question Swamp.

Do you think McConnell would have compromised on anything? Everytime Obama did try to compromise he got burned by the Party above Country Party

Can you give an example of a specific compromise Obama was willing to give to the Pubs?
10/22/2012 2:40 AM
President Barack Obama on Monday announced a bipartisan agreement with opposition Republicans on extending current tax rates for all Americans, while continuing government compensation for unemployed Americans and providing tax credits to help businesses and strengthen the economy.

http://www.voanews.com/content/obama-compromise-with-republicans-on-taxes-essential-step-111416204/131925.html

10/22/2012 8:38 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/22/2012 8:38:00 AM (view original):
President Barack Obama on Monday announced a bipartisan agreement with opposition Republicans on extending current tax rates for all Americans, while continuing government compensation for unemployed Americans and providing tax credits to help businesses and strengthen the economy.

http://www.voanews.com/content/obama-compromise-with-republicans-on-taxes-essential-step-111416204/131925.html

And it went through.

This was more of a gun to the head and he made a deal and the Republicans approved it.

The question should have been when did he conrpomise and the Republicans still turned him down.
10/22/2012 1:59 PM
Posted by moy23 on 10/20/2012 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gregsimon on 10/20/2012 9:14:00 PM (view original):
Most political experts that I have heard over the last week since the debate have said they believe that the 2nd debate has slowed the momentum of Romney and stabilized the president's slide.

The first debate was huge for Romney not only because it was the first time many Americans got to actually hear the man for themselves (without the bias and spin), but also because there were TWO weeks between the 1st and the 2nd debate (and the chance for Obama to stop the bleeding and have a chance to slow the surge).

The general feeling is that unless the 3rd debate is drastically effective for one or the other candidate, either Obama wins a tight race, or Romney gets 300+.

I'd agree with this assessment. I thought Obama won the 2nd debate from an overall standpoint. Mitt started out well and a big piece of that was jobs, economy, and energy... where Romney excelled. That's why those 'gaffes' didn't really hurt him much IMO...since those are key voting issues in this election.
Rasmussen's Colorado poll came back 50 Romney, 46 Obama today.  There's another big swing state with Romney Momentum.  WSJ/NBC national poll yesterday has them both at 47%.. to me when NBC has it tied, the republican is actually in the lead ;)

Mitt has a ton of momentum still, despite the so called gaffes in debate 2.  I think that it's officially his race to lose now... and the only way to do that will have to be a huge gaffe in tonight's debate,  He who wins Ohio wins this election imo.  Right now its a toss up - trending Romney the last 3 weeks. 
10/22/2012 8:38 PM (edited)
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/19/2012 10:52:00 AM (view original):
McHale,

There is also another consideration, and that is what is said publicly at a given point in time might not necessarily reveal everything that is known. I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to those that have far more info than we do. And I am sure they were still piecing together what happened. You don't want to rush out and make statements that you will later have to walk back just because you had to say something. Look, we ask people to do an impossible job, under impossible circumstances. Has there ever been a president that everyone liked and agreed with? And in our hyper-heated 24/7 news cycle we just make things worse. No room for reflection, no room for diplomacy. We are in serious trouble as a nation and that goes beyond the person in the Oval Office. It is who we have become as a people, what we value, what we don't value, etc. To quote Pogo, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Curious as to your thoughts now
5/13/2013 7:56 AM
I still believe what I said.  Why, what is happening now? 

<< Look, we ask people to do an impossible job, under impossible circumstances. Has there ever been a president that everyone liked and agreed with? And in our hyper-heated 24/7 news cycle we just make things worse. No room for reflection, no room for diplomacy. We are in serious trouble as a nation and that goes beyond the person in the Oval Office. It is who we have become as a people, what we value, what we don't value, etc. To quote Pogo, "We have met the enemy, and he is us.">>

You disagree with this?

5/13/2013 8:31 AM
Well, it appears to be a cover-up of poor decision-making.    I think most people will forgive a bad decision.   Not so much with an elaborate attempt to deceive. 
5/13/2013 8:42 AM
Um, what? Republicans screaming that there's some kind of cover-up doesn't make it so. They've spent untold amounts of time and money trying to prove some kind of cover-up and came up with no proof, just a bunch of worthless theories.

Really, it seems like a bunch of political theater. They even have Karl Rove involved now.
5/13/2013 10:59 AM
Yeah, this is like fast and furious again. Tons of right wing smoke, no fire.
5/13/2013 12:23 PM
To what end?   What does the right have to gain by making something out of nothing in this case?    Discredit Hillary?
5/13/2013 2:03 PM
Yes. And Obama. He isn't up for election but lowering the presidents approval ratings will help the midterms.
5/13/2013 2:41 PM
There absolutely is a lot of right wing agenda based smoke creating a haze around the situation, but there can be no denying deceit.

Susan Rice knowingly gave absolutely false information on her Sunday morning news show tour, but under whose direction?

Jay Carney absolutely continued the lie about what went on as recently as Friday.

To claim "no fire" is dishonest , though I don't know if it is deliberately or ignorantly in this case.
5/13/2013 2:42 PM
Paranoid much?

Just admit that Obama/Hillary ****** up.  This isn't a witch hunt.  THEY.  ******.   UP.

It's the cover-up that everyone is squawking about.  Not even the initial problem....
5/13/2013 2:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
Obama loses again. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.