Beernoser's Daily Auction Game Room Topic

The next thing coming up will be setting up a league ID which will be in a week or so.  Once we have a league, we can get our own private forum. Then we can set up roster threads.

Each year there are two times to sign multi-year contracts. 

In February you can sign players you won in the October auction to multi-year contracts.  The first year is his auction value.

In October you can sign anyone who has a contract expiring.  The first year is above his current contract.

So there is a significant advantage to signing a guy in February.  Of course there's an advantage to waiting until October too as you will have seen the guy play his real season by October where you wouldn't have by February.

I'm hoping it's all very interesting.
12/7/2012 8:17 PM
I'm a litlle confused.we can't extend current auction winners until after we play the 1st season?
12/8/2012 8:04 AM
Correct.  We just won our players in the auction and now we watch them play their first year. When the first season is over we choose who we would like to keep and who we dont want anymore.
12/8/2012 9:26 AM
Posted by fillies on 12/8/2012 8:04:00 AM (view original):
I'm a litlle confused.we can't extend current auction winners until after we play the 1st season?

We can extend our current auction winners after our first sim season, but before the next MLB season, at a discounted rate in February.
If you wait until after the next MLB season, it will be more expensive to extend.

Hope this helps,
Chris

12/10/2012 12:03 PM
Fillies...you can extend them anytime you want for your own purposes, but we do not have to turn anything official in until February.  Right now you have Ryan Zimmerman signed at 43,  you can plan on extending him for however long you want, but say he goes all Andrew Cashner and slices his pitching hand up while hunting sometime in January.  You can decide to only sign him for 1 more season or you can take the chance and sign him long term.  basically, it is just giving us a bit more time to see how things develop and make decisions. 

same thing if a guy is traded.  for example, i have Wade Davis signed at 2.  his trade to KC moves him from sure bullpen guy to possible rotation spot, making if much more likely that i will extend him out.  if we had to have contracts decided as soon as the auction was over, it would have been a much different situation.
12/10/2012 2:10 PM
I will have a league # set up in the next day or two as it looks like trading has died down.
12/10/2012 2:56 PM

League ID is MLB103508     ---- I have deleted league to deal with AAA problem. Will try again tonight.

A warning. Rostering this team was a nightmare. 

WIS does not have that many players available for minor leaguers.  I ended up not using two relievers I wanted to use just because there was no way to roster everyone I wanted.  Remember you are able to roster eight minor leaguers.

I don't think there's a way around this problem. WIS just doesn't list that many players as available for the minors.  You can roster your minor leaguers as major leaguers and vise-versa, but it didn't work for me. There just weren't enough of my guys eligible for the minors for me to get everyone I wanted in.

There are about 15 minor league spaces. You can only use eight of them.

12/11/2012 9:46 AM (edited)
Posted by jrnyfan01 on 12/10/2012 12:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fillies on 12/8/2012 8:04:00 AM (view original):

We can extend our current auction winners after our first sim season, but before the next MLB season, at a discounted rate in February.
If you wait until after the next MLB season, it will be more expensive to extend.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Thanks, I was assuming we had to extend before the 1st sim season for the discount
12/11/2012 7:18 AM
Posted by Beernoser on 12/11/2012 2:13:00 AM (view original):

League ID is MLB103508

A warning. Rostering this team was a nightmare. 

WIS does not have that many players available for minor leaguers.  I ended up not using two relievers I wanted to use just because there was no way to roster everyone I wanted.  Remember you are able to roster eight minor leaguers.

I don't think there's a way around this problem. WIS just doesn't list that many players as available for the minors.  You can roster your minor leaguers as major leaguers and vise-versa, but it didn't work for me. There just weren't enough of my guys eligible for the minors for me to get everyone I wanted in.

There are about 15 minor league spaces. You can only use eight of them.

it looks like you have it set up for below average AAA and that is why you can only draft certain players to AAA.  for example, brett myers.  you can select either of Myers half seasons (Stros or ChiSox) but you cant select either of his full seasons because their salary is too high.

is it possible to reset up the league with all players AAA available?  i know some teams (myself included) are going to need all the innings we can get our hands on. 
12/11/2012 8:41 AM
I'll give that a try. So far only one other team entered that will be inconvenienced.
12/11/2012 9:43 AM

League has been pulled down due to AAA prooblem. Will try it again tonight.

12/11/2012 9:50 AM
Okay -- league id is MLB103523

Thanks to Loudawg for helping solve the AAA problem.

It may take a bit of jiggling, but you should be able to get everyone you want rostered.

You may use up to eight of the AAA spots.
12/12/2012 12:06 AM
For those still having problems entering their team - you may have to put some AAA guys with your regular roster and then put some regular guys in AAA. After one game you should be able to switch them back as needed.
12/19/2012 10:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
Beernoser's Daily Auction Game Room Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.