Beernoser's Daily Auction Game Room Topic

He shouldn't get Gio, since he won the Fransden bid the day before the Gio bid.  He should go to #2.
10/31/2012 9:35 AM
The reason I gave him a choice was that I didn't have anything in writing to cover the situation.

So I put a system in writing.

I will also try to roster the players everyday so people can get an accurate accounting of their money left.

I am doing the math by hand though so there are guaranteed to be errors so keep track of your own team's math please.

I wish I knew computer stuff better as I'm sure there are ways the computer would automatically do the math.
10/31/2012 9:44 AM
Does it need to be written down that you can't bid more than you have available to bid?
10/31/2012 9:57 AM
Exactly Jonas, I didn't realize it was on different days. It's totally unfair a owner gets to keep a player he didn't have the money for.
10/31/2012 10:01 AM
The reason I gave him a choice was because I didn't get the rosters updated after the day he took Frandsen, so I took part of the responsibility for him going over.

I know that was generous of me. Everyone should be aware of his own team's numbers at all times. 

The major problem with this auction is that it will go on a long time and there will be many problems we haven't thought of since it's the first league of its kind. Same thing happened with the original Beer draft which was the first ever Progressive League.

I'd like it to be a place you look forward to checking in on rather than seeing what new mess needs to be worked out, so I'm going to try to fix problems as they come up in as customer friendly way as I can.  As things go forth we'll have the kinks worked out.
10/31/2012 10:35 AM
i think that you are being generous by giving him the choice.  even if you didnt have the roster updated, the fact that he won the bid on Frandsen was clearly posted prior to him having the opportuniy to bid on Gio.  he knew that he had Frandsen on his roster and over bid his budget on Gio anyways.  i think that giving him the choice is going to set a precedent as we come down to the end of the draft.  on the last day, what is to stop someone from bidding their entire ramaining budget on every single player up for bidding that day?  would they then get to choose which player they wanted to keep?
10/31/2012 10:59 AM
That's too generous because it's NOT your job to do the math for every owner here. We are all adults and hopefully know how to add and subtract.

Plus if you do it this way for Todd then you better give all other 23 owners the same advantage you are now giving him. Meaning we can drop the last player we added if it's the day before we win a bid on a player we want as long as the "math" works out to cover the remaining players we need.

If you don't do that then you are giving an unfair advantage to Todd over the rest of us, I think that would be alot bigger of a pain to keep track of then doing the right thing and just telling Todd, sorry you didn't have the funds to bid 140 on Gio Gonzalez and just give it to the 2nd highest bidder. Alot easier
10/31/2012 11:00 AM
Okay - complaints noted.

I put Gio back into the rebid category which frees up plenty of cash for toddle.

I've sitemailed and e-mailed toddle.
10/31/2012 11:35 AM
Why is he being rebid on? The 2nd highest bidder should get Gio, or don't you know who the 2nd highest bidder is?
10/31/2012 12:07 PM
Charlie (aka Beernoser),

Reminds me of the 1st few in the Beer League. I think Gio should go back and 2nd highest bid gets Gio unless there is a problem that I don't see.

New guys to knowing Charlie: He is the best commish around. Always well thought out and considerate to all.

DD
10/31/2012 12:22 PM
The way I do bids, I can't tell for sure who was # 2.

I write down my bids in early morning and send them to DD.

Then as a new bid comes in to beat mine I cross mine out and write the new one.  When a better bid comes in I cross that one out and write the new one.

So at the end of the day I have the winning bid and a bid crossed out. However, let's say just for example the winning bid on a player is 60. The last bid I crossed out was 20.  That doesn't mean the second high bid was 20. In fact after the 60 bid came in there may have been eight other bids higher than 20 but below 60. I would have ignored them since they didn't beat the winning bid. So if that 60 bid was disallowed, I couldn't say the # 2 bid was 20. It likely was not.  Because of my e-mail issues, I couldn't even go back and look at all 22 bids that day.

On the good news front, yesterday was the first day that all the e-mails went into the in-box, so I think that issue is resolved. I can thank my 15 year old son for that.

10/31/2012 1:26 PM
Posted by DodgerDon on 10/31/2012 8:49:00 AM (view original):
Is toddleduc really Ben Bernanke in real life?
Ha !  :-))  No... I just thought people would place more of an emphasis on STARTING PITCHING than they have.  I screwwed myself I guess bidding on both Cueto & Darvish on the same day.  Especially when I had no recourse to sell Darvish to someone else.  I sure as hell didn't think I'd WIN both of them nor do I NEED both of them, lol.  I figured if you guys are going to keep low balling quality starting pitchin and of the game's best starters last year & over the past few years in Gio Gonzalez, then I might as well go all in & throw $140 at him & make people trade me for starting pitching.  I didn't realize until later that I was so close to going over the cap.  My apologies to all.

Throwing Gio back in the pot will at least free up $140 in cash to at least get another couple bats and arms & still make have a chance at winning.  Sorry for causing such a fuss, lol.  As I've said- love the League, love the concept, Beernoser is doing a great job.  Bid On !
10/31/2012 1:48 PM
It is going to take *around* 50 days to get all of the players out to be bid on - we are on day 15, not even close to half way, and people are running out of money????????????????
10/31/2012 3:09 PM

So what is going to be the ruling if this happens on the same day?  Are all bids forfeited?  Just the highest bid?

10/31/2012 4:59 PM
I posted earlier that if a person overbids, I will buy the most expensive players I can for him that day staying within the budget limits.

There's a post  a day or so ago that gives an example.
10/31/2012 5:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...10 Next ▸
Beernoser's Daily Auction Game Room Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.