Who would you take today? Topic

I don't think I understand Tannehill over RGIII. Anyone want to make an argument?
10/24/2012 8:10 AM
Posted by besterateam on 10/23/2012 5:46:00 PM (view original):
tannehill- because his wife will threaten to leave him if he doesn't win a superbowl or 6...

This was his argument.

I'd argue:  Classic QB build, drop back passer, smart, focused and in a system he knows. 

10/24/2012 8:14 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
R U AFRAID THEY'LL STEAL SOMETHING??!?!?!?!
10/24/2012 9:00 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

SO IT'S LIKE THEY STOLE YE MONEY?!?!?!?!??!?!

WENT TO A MET GAME WITH A METS FAN BACK IN THE DAY.    3B SIDE.   HE KEPT YELLING "VENTURA, VENTURA!!!!!   TELL ZEILE TO STOP STEALING MY MONEY!!!!!"    NOT SURE IF THAT'S APPROPRIATE AS ZEILE IS/WAS A WHITEY!!!!!

10/24/2012 9:18 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/23/2012 5:13:00 PM (view original):
I took Luck.   I think Griffin is fantastic.  He's not Newton, Tebow or Vick.   He can learn and execute a playbook.   He doesn't make dumbass decision after dumbass decision.   He's not Vick or Tebow who looks at the first read and then for a place to run.    But part of the problem is that he's not Newton or Tebow.  He's not big enough to take the beating when he does run.   He's more Vick-size.   And, as you know, he hasn't held up well under the pounding. 

If he become McNabb, runs early in his career and less as it goes on, he loses value.    While there's no way to know, I think Luck has a longer, more productive career simply because he stays on the field.
Disrespectful to even put Griffin and Tebow in the same sentence.  But yes, the main difference between Griffin and the other guys you mentioned is intelligence, and also, accuracy.  He doesn't seem to miss often.  The other guys do.  I think if he becomes McNabb, he can survive as a pocket passer.  So, a guy who can also run until his late 20s, and I'm happy with him as pocker passer the last 3-5 years of those 10.  If he's like Vick and is hurt all the time, well, that's an entirely different story.  And it's very possible.
10/24/2012 9:31 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by besterateam on 10/23/2012 5:46:00 PM (view original):
tannehill- because his wife will threaten to leave him if he doesn't win a superbowl or 6...

This was his argument.

I'd argue:  Classic QB build, drop back passer, smart, focused and in a system he knows. 

This sounds like Luck, except Luck is more talented.
10/24/2012 9:31 AM
I'm not arguing for Tannehill.   Just saying what my argument would be if I was.

I only mentioned Tebow/Griffin for a couple of reasons.   Vick/Newton comparisons would have worked but then it's all "Why is it black QB are always compared to black QB?"    Tebow can't read a D(like Newton/Vick) and, like Vick, he looks at the first read then a place to run.   But, not for nothing, Tebow is built like a LB.  He can take the hits.  Griffin is not built like that.   But, right now, I think the best comparison is Newton.   Hotshot kid out of college and playing well.  But that's pretty much where the comparison stops.   Griffin seems to have a grasp of the playbook and, by all accounts, he's the kind of guy you want on your team.
10/24/2012 9:48 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 9:48:00 AM (view original):
I'm not arguing for Tannehill.   Just saying what my argument would be if I was.

I only mentioned Tebow/Griffin for a couple of reasons.   Vick/Newton comparisons would have worked but then it's all "Why is it black QB are always compared to black QB?"    Tebow can't read a D(like Newton/Vick) and, like Vick, he looks at the first read then a place to run.   But, not for nothing, Tebow is built like a LB.  He can take the hits.  Griffin is not built like that.   But, right now, I think the best comparison is Newton.   Hotshot kid out of college and playing well.  But that's pretty much where the comparison stops.   Griffin seems to have a grasp of the playbook and, by all accounts, he's the kind of guy you want on your team.
Yea, I remember when Newton got off to the hot start last year, I was still skeptical.  But couldn't really pinpoint why.  (that said, I think Newton will still be a good QB for many years) I am not with Griffin.
10/24/2012 9:57 AM
The difference is Newton/Tebow/Vick are dumb.    They were the best athlete on the field their entire careers(until the pros) and haven't learned the game.   You can tell it when they speak.  Griffin is not.   I'm sure the playbook was withheld some but it appears that they're adding stuff every week in Washington.   Not so in Carolina. 

FWIW, I still think Tebow can be a QB in the NFL.   I think he'd work to learn a playbook/read a defense.   Thus far, the only team that's really proven he can't is the Jets.   I'm guessing Newton still has a shot if he quits pouting and pointing fingers but that seems to be who he is.   Vick is what he is. 
10/24/2012 10:21 AM
I also thought Jason Campbell would be a good QB. :)  So I could be wrong.
10/24/2012 11:25 AM
Well, I think Terrelle Pryor can play QB and I'm not sure he's even been active this year.
10/24/2012 11:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 10:21:00 AM (view original):
The difference is Newton/Tebow/Vick are dumb.    They were the best athlete on the field their entire careers(until the pros) and haven't learned the game.   You can tell it when they speak.  Griffin is not.   I'm sure the playbook was withheld some but it appears that they're adding stuff every week in Washington.   Not so in Carolina. 

FWIW, I still think Tebow can be a QB in the NFL.   I think he'd work to learn a playbook/read a defense.   Thus far, the only team that's really proven he can't is the Jets.   I'm guessing Newton still has a shot if he quits pouting and pointing fingers but that seems to be who he is.   Vick is what he is. 
I hope Gronkowski ends up in Carolina. Newton to Gronk would be the first TD tandem ever with a negative IQ.
10/24/2012 9:59 PM
And to be fair with Tebow - I don't think he's dumb. I don't think he has "QB smarts" at all, but outside of the game, he seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders. Unlike Vick.
10/24/2012 10:00 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Who would you take today? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.