World Series ratings Topic

You do realize MLB has a Canadian team, right? Granted it's just one team and they're not playing, but MLB does have a good chunk of Canadian fans and they would be stupid to ignore Canadian viewership, especially when there's no hockey to compete with. Once again - the world exists beyond US borders. I realize that most of you are raised to believe you're all that matters, but it's just not the case. Sorry.
10/28/2012 4:20 PM
There's a difference between ignoring it and making decisions based on it.  No one at MLB is saying "Yeah, we'll lose a bunch of domestic viewers to CFB, but Saturday's a great night for Canadians, so let's do it!"  Nor should they be - because even if the viewership numbers lined up (which I really doubt), the value of the respective TV deals do not.
10/28/2012 4:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/28/2012 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2012 1:33:00 PM (view original):
Could be regional.   I plan on going to a bar Saturday night.    Willing to bet the "centerpiece" TVs will have CFB and the secondary TVs will have the WS.
Yep.
That's how it was where I was also. 
10/28/2012 5:54 PM
These fools think I don't like baseball.  Untrue.

Baseball = If you have a dog in the fight, you'll watch.
Football = If you think it's gonna be a good fight, you'll watch.

10/29/2012 1:18 PM
◂ Prev 123
World Series ratings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.