VIVA LAS VEGAS or Bust! Season 21-Sorry FULL Topic

Once you draft your team another 10 spots will show up to draft. those are your AAA. The pool comes from players in a certain price range. 
11/18/2012 10:55 AM
sounds like fun.  Are there a lot to choose from??
11/18/2012 3:27 PM
Posted by 19craig58 on 11/15/2012 8:12:00 PM (view original):
I'm a newbie, can you explain the AAA for me??  I don't know about pick your own, is it like the WW or like a draft??  Also, how big is the pool for AAA.  Basically I need all the info you can give me on this.  I want to join this league, but I want to understand it first.  Thanks a bunch.  I currently live in LV.
After you pick your 25 players, BEFORE you enter your team, look at the bottom of the page after the pitchers.  There will be 6 additional Batters spots & 4 additional Pitchers spots that will show up.  Fill those in with the players you want or need & this is your AAA minor League Roster, available to be called up after the league fills up & the schedule is generated.  You dont have to worry about these players abilities, ONLY the players that show up are the ones you can select.  At Above Average ratings there are Plenty of players to chose from!  You wont find any Hall Of Famers, but there are AA players that you can use as starters in the field.  AND if you dont find what you want, you can still go back & adjust your 25 man roster to accommodate whatever you need.  I found 2 starters (at 2B & SS) 4 Defensive backups, a Long A, Long B & 2 setup Pitchers in AAA.  If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
11/18/2012 8:46 PM
Do I need to save money from the 105m to draft these guys or is there a seperate fund for that?
11/18/2012 9:00 PM
It's totally separate. 
11/18/2012 10:31 PM
Thanks
11/19/2012 6:37 AM
Tuesday Bump
11/20/2012 2:13 PM
Are
11/23/2012 1:15 PM
you
11/26/2012 7:28 PM
I'm in!!   Drafting your own AAA is really cool because I know exactly what's there and don't have to try and figure out the numbers.  I think I'll add that to my league when I start one.
11/28/2012 2:32 PM
I like draft your own AAA leagues. Even when it's below average... At least you can find a player that can help rather than getting some random scrub. 
11/28/2012 9:20 PM
6 more teams to go!!

THAT is the reason I put the AAA at "Select-your-own", I kept getting screwed by sim's picks...  I always get an - A/A fielding - 8 contact - 6 power - A stamina, triple A FIRST BASEMEN...  When I already have 1927 Gehrig on my team, who isnt coming out of the lineup unless his sim player DIES during the game & has to be carted off the field!  I would HATE to waste talent STUCK on the bench, cuz they are behind a SUPER player, who wont let them sniff the playing field!

11/29/2012 2:04 PM (edited)
Okay, so what do the numbers mean-  8 contact, 6 power??   280 avg with 25 hr's and strikes out 20/100??  A stamina?  Everyday starter??
11/30/2012 11:10 AM
What you described IS an everyday starter, but as long as Lou is available, that guy described will NEVER sniff the playing field!  Just like Mark Hill a CAREER backup catcher used to say... "DONT play me or Trade me" He said he had the best job in the world, just sit on the bench & watch Carlton Fisk have a All-Star season, fill up on Nachos & Hotdogs, play a game every 10-12 days, get paid just over the league minimum (more than enough to have an OK living)  The only Better job is being a weatherman, your decisions are WRONG half the time, but nobody cares?  A freak snow storm, who cares?  Rain on opening day, who cares?  You KNOW that in the middle of the summer, if they have a Tee-Time scheduled, that they can just call in & say "The weather is going to be the SAME, just use Yesterdays forecast!"
11/30/2012 3:30 PM
Sorry, this league is FULL!  My THANKS to all who joined!
12/2/2012 8:17 PM
◂ Prev 12
VIVA LAS VEGAS or Bust! Season 21-Sorry FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.