If you follow college football, you've seen the injury.    And you know he was one of the top, if not the top, RB prospect despite coming off a knee injury from last season.   This one looked a lot worse so I imagine the rehab process will take considerably longer. 

Spurrier said he'd redshirt him next season with the hopes of him returning to the field in 2014.   While this seems like a trivial offer, it really isn't as Lattimore could stick around and declare for the 2014 draft without ever playing for SC again.

So the question is, what's the best way for Lattimore to get to the pros? 

Votes: 17
(Last vote received: 11/8/2014 8:16 PM)
10/29/2012 9:44 AM
BTW, he turns 21 today. 
10/29/2012 9:45 AM
He shouldn't play another down in college football
10/29/2012 9:53 AM
I tend to think his draft value would increase if he played before going pro.   Of course, if he's told he's a first round pick without it, yeah, to hell with CFB.
10/29/2012 9:58 AM
Of course, McGahee did just fine. 
10/29/2012 10:03 AM
He won't be a high draft pick unless he can prove that he's back by playing in college.  He might be able to rehab and make an NFL team, but I doubt he will ever last very long in the pros (healthy running backs only last a few years anyway).  The McGahee situation is probably the exception rather than the rule.  There is a better than average chance he's done with football altogether.  Its a damn shame.
10/29/2012 11:24 AM
I just hope dude recovers and can walk normally one day. That play made me nauseous.
11/2/2012 5:00 PM
Modern medicine can work wonders.   Not nearly as gruesome but dude was back in 9 months.  Lattimore has already shown he'd do the work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7pkWFZZDhM
11/3/2012 6:53 AM
No way I'm clicking that link, as the Lattimore play made me feel ****** all last weekend.
11/3/2012 6:21 PM
Adrian Peterson from last year.  You've probably seen it a hundred times.
11/4/2012 6:20 AM
Yeah, you're probably right.  But for every hundred times you've seen a guy get messed up in college but still manage to have good productive careers in the NFL, there are thousands that did not.  For Marcus' sake, I hope you're right.
11/4/2012 11:32 AM
Just saying this isn't the 70s any more.   MLB pitchers who tore an elbow ligament were done.   Now they patch 'em up and they're better than ever.   Knee injuries aren't necessarily career-enders in football anymore. 
11/4/2012 5:42 PM
Lattimore has no reason to play another down in college football.  The only thing he needs to prove is he is healthy at some point.  He will get tested by NFL teams medical staff and if he is recovered will be a 1st round pick without playing any more college football.
11/4/2012 7:34 PM
Didn't Maurice clarett take a year off from football. And he sucked when he came back.
11/5/2012 7:42 AM
Clarett is hardly a comparable - he got booted from school, missed 2 entire seasons until he was eligible for the draft, and obviously didn't put in the work on his own in the meantime since he was fat and slow when he actually got to the combine.  Still blows my mind that Denver drafted him in the 3rd round of that draft.

Presumably, Lattimore will stay with the program up until the point where he declares for the draft, whether or not he plays in college again. 
11/5/2012 8:19 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.