Completed Trades Window and Injuries Topic

Hi,

One of the things that does not mirror real baseball is the way players move in trades in HBD. The owner review period in this game (which I am all for) essentially means that if we trade ML players, we either have to work shorthanded for up to 3 games (something I refuse to do...I do inactivate minor leaguers traded) while the other owners review the deal, or play our traded players, risking injuries that would nullify the trade.

Obviously, when a guy is dealt in MLB, he leaves. There is no such issue there. Occassionaly a team might work shorthanded for a game while the replacement gets there (or Minor Leaguer gets there as a temp fill-in), but here we still have our guys active for another 3 days. That creates a problem.

I suggest that you add to the game engine either a freeze on injuries to traded players during the 3 days during which a trade is being rveiewed by the owners, or perhaps create some form of roster exemption where the traded players are in limbo (I highly prefer the first option).

Thank you.
10/30/2012 12:45 PM
Designate the players.   They're off your roster and you can use call-ups.   Of course, you're assuming your deal will go thru.   That could bite you in the *** much like an injury does. 
10/30/2012 2:32 PM
Right. I think in either case (designate, don't use them) it is a work around the problem and not a solution.
10/31/2012 1:31 PM
Yeah, if you designate, and the other person doesn't, and a player from the other side get injured, you'd be screwed
10/31/2012 2:40 PM
There isn't really a solution.   Turning off injuries isn't a workable solution, IMO.

Then there is no risk to playing the guys in the trade.   No risk isn't a good thing. 
10/31/2012 2:52 PM
Completed Trades Window and Injuries Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.