Two Man Band (Round 2 started) Topic

I wonder how all of these SPEEDY SB guys would do if, for example, there were multiple Catchers selected with +A arms?

To Quote Billy Bean "I pay you to get on first, NOT get to get thrown out at 2nd!"
11/9/2012 8:31 AM
Posted by go_pre on 11/9/2012 8:24:00 AM (view original):
I asked this question earlier, but got no answer...  I have 7 Walter Johnsons on my team with 2585 IP, I dont need any more pitchers?  Do I fill the rest of my roster with any 200k players, or are there specific players you want us to use?  I could take 4 or 5 more WJ, but I really dont think I need 5000 IP?
The way it had worked before, and it looks like it will this time, you either pick more walter johnson's or the commish finds the worst 200k players and assigns them as fill-ins.  They are bad players and are worse than un-useable.  

I believe Johnny Bench and Craig Biggio were the only two catchers that had been used before.  One of them did not fair well.  You can guess which one. 
11/9/2012 8:37 AM
OK, Thanks bottomlee, I guess I will just have to go with 5000IP?

How did the other Catchers team do?

Im not really worrying about the SB guys, they have to get by my Walter Johnson's & reach base first!  I sure Pete, Cy, Addie, Ed, Pedro, Christy & Gregs teams feel the same way!
11/9/2012 9:18 AM
Ichiro Suzuki
11/9/2012 9:18 AM
I have noticed that we DO have to take in most cases 7-8 200K players, because if we take, Lou Gehrig as our Batter, he is NOT listed at any position EXCEPT 1B - so we have to fill C,2B,SS,3B & all 3 OF positions, for sim to allow a team to pass the Draft Center!  So we need a "Standard" listing for fill in players that we can select, at least 1 at each fielding position, Please list them, thanks!
11/9/2012 9:47 AM (edited)
Not at all go_pre. You can force the SIM to draft any player at any position. Every player for every year has a unique player ID. First, copy the ID for the Gehrig you want at a position, like catcher. Then, go ahead and draft any catcher you want, and paste Gehrig's ID into the one shown in the URL box. Press Enter and voila. 
11/9/2012 9:57 AM
I'll go with Sandy Koufax.
11/9/2012 10:41 AM
Posted by ratioman on 11/9/2012 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Not at all go_pre. You can force the SIM to draft any player at any position. Every player for every year has a unique player ID. First, copy the ID for the Gehrig you want at a position, like catcher. Then, go ahead and draft any catcher you want, and paste Gehrig's ID into the one shown in the URL box. Press Enter and voila. 
This is correct.   It can be a little different, depending on the browser you're using.   There's a few threads on the Sim League forum that go into more detail.  Search them out if you need to.
11/9/2012 11:56 AM
True. Another way is to draft the player (Gehrig) you want in the 1b slot. Copy the entire URL. Delete Gehrig. Paste the URL, replacing in the position slot in the URL "2" for "1" (1 being catcher). 
11/9/2012 1:22 PM
Babe Adams for me....thx.
11/9/2012 1:49 PM
Sorry guys, i've been busy today, so I haven't had much time to look at this. If anyone needs better instructions on how to get all the out of position players into position, I can copy and paste them when I get home tonight. Everyone picked should have more than enough years, so there shouldn't be an 200k players.

Also remember, you need well over 2000 innings pitched, because things will get extremely crazy with all the players out of position and speedy hitters.
11/9/2012 3:11 PM
How do we know when to make our 2nd pick?
11/9/2012 4:20 PM
JMC44, you make your selection right after thaneoffife makes his. We really have two separate draft threads now - one for pitchers, and one for hitters. 
11/9/2012 4:25 PM
Posted by thaneoffife on 11/8/2012 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Alright, here is the draft order for round 2. I'd like to get everything done by the end of the weekend. There are 2 separate drafts going, one for people who need to draft their hitter, and one for those who need pitchers.

Pitcher Draft

1. ratioman
2. timetoplay5
3. coolmay_one
4. flakfizer
5. frank_drebin
6. sakensei
7. yargespd1
8. fatboyday54
9. ThaneOfFife
10. jmc44
11. mac195
12. ejstockman
13. vindex24
14. msheaf1
15. pmars2001
16. Bottomlee

Hitters draft

1. Elduro25
2. dodgebob
3. tjefferson
4. calhoop
5. Rickeysdad44
6. hurkman
7. go_pre
8. trenchfoot

ratioman and elduro, you're up!

Just follow along with this - when the guy in front of you picks, it's your time! Now we are up to sakensei and TJJefferson. 
11/9/2012 4:30 PM
Craig Biggio
11/9/2012 4:32 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
Two Man Band (Round 2 started) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.