Economy getting better? Huh? Topic

what's so wrong with hoarding money?  its called 'savings' and should be a part of every person's financial discipline. 

you can not get wealthy by spending... nor can you stay wealthy that way.  fact.
11/2/2012 4:45 PM
Posted by bistiza on 11/2/2012 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Exactly where are they "hoarding their money"?

In all sorts of places. Wealth doesn't have to be in the form of liquid assets.

I'd explain more to you here, but I suspect it would take a great deal of time. Rather, I'll suggest you research how people invest money yourself and you'll find out where they can put their money.
Can you name names, or will that put your life in danger?

Again, I'd explain it all but it would take took long and this is something you can research for yourself. Shortly after  the economy crashed, there were some wealthy people and organizations who revealed they had taken or subsequently took actions that caused and/or made the crash worse. Some of their names are on the list on the article you referenced, but there are others.
Investing is "hoarding"?

Are you for real?
11/2/2012 4:55 PM
They cant win the election without a bad guy.

Rich are bad guys.

They need to invent an evil.

Not giving away all your money to people getting government aid is now evil.
11/2/2012 5:51 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/2/2012 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 11/2/2012 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Exactly where are they "hoarding their money"?

In all sorts of places. Wealth doesn't have to be in the form of liquid assets.

I'd explain more to you here, but I suspect it would take a great deal of time. Rather, I'll suggest you research how people invest money yourself and you'll find out where they can put their money.
Can you name names, or will that put your life in danger?

Again, I'd explain it all but it would take took long and this is something you can research for yourself. Shortly after  the economy crashed, there were some wealthy people and organizations who revealed they had taken or subsequently took actions that caused and/or made the crash worse. Some of their names are on the list on the article you referenced, but there are others.
Investing is "hoarding"?

Are you for real?
I'd really like to see bistiza explain how investing is "hoarding money"?
11/3/2012 9:18 AM
Investing is "hoarding"? Are you for real?

Yes, and yes.

Spending drives the economy. The more money people hold onto and the less is spent, the more stagnant the economy becomes. If you really don't get that, then I'd suggest you take an economics class or two.
11/5/2012 9:28 AM
Perhaps you don't understand what "investing" is.
11/5/2012 9:40 AM
It's hoarding.   Didn't you read his first post on the matter?
11/5/2012 9:43 AM
Investing isn't spending, and that's the point.

11/5/2012 10:15 AM
You said it was hoarding.

When you say something as blatantly stupid as that, you don't generate a lot of credibility for yourself or your opinions.

Investing is essentially lending your money to businesses so that they can spend it.
11/5/2012 10:48 AM (edited)
First, there are many variables which can and do affect investing.

Second, I do believe many forms of investing are akin to hoarding money, particularly when the investments in question lead back to businesses who don't spend it or don't spend it wisely.

None of that is "blatantly stupid". I don't need to generate credibility with you. This is a message board for online discussion. To suggest anyone needs to generate credibility makes me think you take it way too seriously.

11/5/2012 11:46 AM
Equating investing to hoarding money is indeed blatantly stupid.

And if you don't care about your credibility, or being taken seriously, then please continue posting.  We'll just consider it "for entertainment purposes only".
11/5/2012 12:14 PM
Posted by bistiza on 11/5/2012 10:15:00 AM (view original):
Investing isn't spending, and that's the point.

Come on man. Take a breath and think this through. Investing is often spending.
11/5/2012 12:47 PM
Most of the things on this site and indeed this board are "for entertainment purposes only".  If you think most of it is more than that, then you do take this place too seriously.

But if you're not willing to have a discussion about it, fine. Rant about how blatantly stupid I am and how I have no credibility in your eyes. I'm done here.

11/5/2012 2:02 PM
◂ Prev 12
Economy getting better? Huh? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.